johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
12/10/13:half dollars
Box#20: SKUNK
Box#21: 1997 clad proof

I found a bunch of coins in really good condition. 6 1998 that looked great. It reminds me if a few months ago when I got a couple hundred uncirulated 1993 D in a box and every once in awhile a couple will pop up. It seems more so lately which would be right since I haven't been doing very well. The picture really does not do justice to the coins. They are sharp.

ForumRunner_20131210_213040.png

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
12/16/17:dimes
Box#16 skunk
Box#17: 1954

Glad I found something. I'm done with the clear rolls of dimes. Box 17 wasn't clear and I'm always skunked with them.

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you would think that with the clear rolls they would be faster to search!?! I know I like them for the dimes and quarters myself!

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
My average is better on paper rolls than clear so it doesn't matter how fast I can search then if there is never any silver there. I got two more clear because it was late when I got them and the other dime bank was closed. We will see what's up.

On another note I found out Brinks gets the Coin stars change so I guess there is a high possibility for some good granny stashes to make it in the clear rolls.

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
12/17/13 Dimes
Box#18: skunk
Box#19: 1964 Rosie

Over the last month or so I have had 14 clear roll boxes from Brinks and have found 3 including tonight's find. Terrible odds on Brinks dimes so I'll only get them as a last resort from here on out.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's odd. I try to search brinks whenever I can and avoid paper wrapped coins when I can.

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
12/18/13 Half dollars
Box#24: 1967

Box#25: 1969

Finally pulling out of Skunksville on the half dollars. I hope to get my Christmas granny dump tomorrow. ..we will see lol

Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, so honestly, is this worth the time? Not just the time looking but the time going to the banks, waiting in line? If you count all the time you spend in the travel and sorting and classifying, are you really making more than you can make working at the local Quicky Mart?
I don't mean that to be provocative, but I would very much like this to be a pleasant way to make a nice part time income at home. Is it really working for anyone?

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not trying to make extra money at this. My wife has a business and I work for the state of Texas. This is a fun hobby for me. If you want to make money go apply at 7/11. Damn, go sh*t on somebody else's post.

Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John, I'm sorry. I really didn't intend to sh*t on your post. I'm new at everything on this forum and I really was interested in seeing if this technique was something that could yield a profit if carefully done. My post was not intended to upset you.I felt it was just some honest questions from a newbie. But your reaction isn't indicative of someone who is happy with their situation. So I'll take that as a "no". I'm glad you're having fun with this. You seem to have a higher "fun" tolerance than I do.
Thanks,
Bruce

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Get off the gas and miss me with the BS. You have no idea about my state of happiness. You don't jump on a post and seemingly call somebody else's hobby a waste of time and expect for them just to want to help you out with the hobby. "Fun" is a perception and my perception of you is that you are a borderline narcissistic ass. So keep it movin'.
Johnny

Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good grief.
"You don't jump on a post and seemingly call somebody else's hobby a waste of time"
Where the H*ll did I ever say waste of time? Your time is yours. I have no idea if you're wasting it.
But you seem to have a hair trigger about anyone questioning you about how you're spending it. All I did was ask some honest questions so I could see if this would be worth pursuing for ME. I want to find profit in my time spent. Apparently that's not important to you. OK, that's fine. All it would have taken was a polite reply explaining that. But you unloaded with both barrels.
You know what? this post was not all about YOU.
No harm intended
I'm now sorry I asked the wrong guy those questions. You seem to be a nasty person. I should have asked someone else.
A guy's gotta really be careful who they ask help from on this forum these days,
]Good luck to you, Johnny. And please get some help.

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
12/19/13:Half dollars
Box# 26: skunk

12/19/13:dimes
Box#20: 1963

BOX#21: 1954

On the box of half dollars somebody put AP 11-13 but only put it on about 4 NFIC. SO WHO WAS IT?

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the current dime boxes still plastic or not?

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
12/20/13: Dimes
Box#22: SKUNK (plastic rolls)

Box#23: 1952

Once again the Brinks rolls have failed me and the paper rolls came through with 2. There has to be someone killing it on the low at some point along the way. Makes me wonder about the dry spells I have on the Brinks Half Dollars because 90%of my half boxes come from brinks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions