Montesano Washington
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq

Attachments

• PICT2331.jpg
    PICT2331.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0
DEFINITELY NOT JUST A ROCK! Some sort of tool. I was not sure about the scale. How big is it? Congrats.
Chuck

Here (in Ohio or KY) they would probably label it a scraper but, I think that is just a generic term for a group of tools. Nice find.
Chuckit!

Thanks Chuck,
I just knew I had something as soon as I dug it.
Just thought I should post it and get an Idea of what it was, from you good people who
are more in the know than I.

Dan

I see the Chinaman but I'm having a hard time seeing the panda.LOL

If you can find Christ himself on there its Ebay bound. :D

I see it now. It is a fish effigy. WOW!!! LOL!
Chuck

Attachments

• fisheffigy.jpg
    fisheffigy.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 299
Thanks again Chuck, Ill be adding the scraper to my small (but slowly growing) collection of Indian Artifacts.
Here is what I have so far, these were found at a home construction site north of me in Potlatch Washington.
I wish I could have went back there for more but the homeowner would not allow it. :'(

Dan

Attachments

• PICT2332.JPG
    PICT2332.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 290
Fab finds....what is the story with the blue trade beads?Have these been dated?Have you thought of making an offer to this owner...like will donate $35 to her favorite charity/church/school?...Stuff there that 'must' be saved...might even offer to donate a few beads to a fund raiser/silent auction in her name.....keep us posted.

Sorry to tell you but all is lost, the area was excavated and the gravel that held all the beads was spread down a one mile driveway.
And the driveway belongs to a Washington State Senator, any attempt to recover what remains is impossible.
I was fortunate to recover what I have while painting the home at the location.

Sad but true

Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back