Just Blocked Fisher Labs on Facebook... I dont need "downblouse" photos showing up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So let me get this straight, you dont like First Texas because you dont like women? You have a problem with a woman with a metal detector? I have a idea for you, look at their eyes instead???? Also women like to feel like women and they should be like that. If a boob offends you or your friends or family, I thought the Amish didnt use anything modern and electric like a detector lol. Dude I was actually more offended you hate women with detectors.

OP
OP
S

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"rapped"?? How does she get to be "rapped"?? Oh well, never mind:dontknow:

I wasn't sure, but I didn't want to ask, for fear of being considered politically incorrect... But since you were kind enough to bring it up...

frodo-rapped_o_1277323.jpg

OP
OP
S

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So let me get this straight, you dont like First Texas because you dont like women? You have a problem with a woman with a metal detector? I have a idea for you, look at their eyes instead???? Also women like to feel like women and they should be like that. If a boob offends you or your friends or family, I thought the Amish didnt use anything modern and electric like a detector lol. Dude I was actually more offended you hate women with detectors.

Was this directed at me? Because if so, you've completely missed the entire point... But hey... if your rant is ok, then mine should be just fine.

LOL

Skippy

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found nothing offensive with the picture at all. She was trying to be cute and in my humble opinion she was.:dontknow: Of course some people can pose better than others but I see nothing obscene at all.
Happy Hunting

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found nothing offensive with the picture at all. She was trying to be cute and in my humble opinion she was.:dontknow: Of course some people can pose better than others but I see nothing obscene at all.
Happy Hunting

Agreed.

I looked all over that Fakebook page and saw that picture but thought nothing of it and continued on looking for this questionable picture and found none.

I thought I just missed what everyone was talking about. and left Fakebook shrugging my shoulders...
SO...
That is the picture ?
The one I stopped to check out and show my girl... thinking nah that is not it... AND SHE AGREED !

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SHEESH ! don't ever go on my "Random Picture Thread" if that offends you.

AND don't come stay at the beach in Florida... you will keel over face first in the sand.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She Appears to be a Little bit Old For Me, But Fisher Labs can send me pics like that anytime

Fisher Labs.jpg

I don't want to get Political, But it sure is Sad it has come to
fears in the workplace over things like this :(

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Skippy; This crap would NEVER be taking place in the 60's - 70's for sure. So much for Progressive Thinking. It's just plain stupid. I shield my kid from it as best I can. PEACE:RONB

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is awesome! :laughing7::laughing7:

I'm embarrassed!! Everyone in the house is asking what's so funny!:laughing7:

You can almost see the generation differences from posts. Nothing wrong with that either.

Last edited:

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where can I get a refund on this 10 minutes of my life??

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Skippy; This crap would NEVER be taking place in the 60's - 70's for sure. So much for Progressive Thinking. It's just plain stupid. I shield my kid from it as best I can. PEACE:RONB
You're so right.

image.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

? ? ?

EVERYONE was naked in the 60 and 70's...
In fact...
Some of them still are...

I should know... I live in the place they have ALL retired...
And half of them frequent the TONS of massive nudist places here.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not trying to offend...

But seriously... that chick is wearing more than most here do.
IN a restaurant... let alone outside.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I won't post the link to the ad, But look up" Loves Baby Soft Commercials 1975" or cig, and alcohol ads. Some are questionable even today!

You older guys aren't foolin us! We saw video and heard about woodstock. :laughing7:

And if anyone even gives a crap about the topic, I actually find this stuff interesting...Here's a link to some older ads...

https://sex-appeals-in-advertising.wikispaces.com/Sex+Appeal+in+Advertising+40s-50s

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Skippy... we all have a right to our opinions.
You do not like pretty girls that show any skin?? Crazy

Fisher... really... you went to the 1/2 of 1 % of the population that does not like pretty women, and deleted the thread? Bad move.
Most of the population did not have their head in the gutter and truly appreciate beautiful metal detectorists.
Its a truly lucky person that gets to dig with her.
Fisher... lets see if your smart enough to put the pictures back up? You will sell so many more detectors than worrying about the 1/2 of 1% of the people that have their heads in the gutters.
Gary from Oregon

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I blurred out the detector and made her my homepage wallpaper.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys should see what my girl digs in some times.

Heh ! :)

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unbelievable Fisher Labs... You blew this one.

Today, I was simply scrolling through my facebook posts, and about choked when a downblouse shot of a gal with a metal detector showed up on my timeline. It was revealing enough I probably would have gotten in trouble at work if a co-worker had walked by. I KNOW I would have been embarrassed if my wife had walked by.

I contacted FisherLabs and asked them to remove it. Their response? It was a user post, and they're going to allow it because it's not "Explicit." REALLY?

So... people have to be having SEX on your photo threads to remove them? That was it for me.

I posted my opinion on the matter, and promptly unfollowed, then blocked the site completely.

That F44 I was toying with as a replacement for my son's ACE350... nope.

Fine... If people want to post those photos, by all means, I FULLY support their right to do so. But that does NOT mean I have to support them. Nor does it mean I am obligated to continue supporting the company who thinks "family friendly" includes a look down a gals shirt.

AND...when we start suggesting, as a society, that people who have "negative" opinions shouldn't be allowed to speak... that's... well... that's BAD.

Rant over.

Skippy

Skippy ... from this you are saying you are at work and on the internet and on facebook which has nothing to do with your work? Hope your boss doesn't see this.

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just set an 'ignore', and it certainly wasn't Fisher Research Labs. I love that feature on TreasureNet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread