Just Blocked Fisher Labs on Facebook... I dont need "downblouse" photos showing up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable Fisher Labs... You blew this one.

Today, I was simply scrolling through my facebook posts, and about choked when a downblouse shot of a gal with a metal detector showed up on my timeline. It was revealing enough I probably would have gotten in trouble at work if a co-worker had walked by. I KNOW I would have been embarrassed if my wife had walked by.

I contacted FisherLabs and asked them to remove it. Their response? It was a user post, and they're going to allow it because it's not "Explicit." REALLY?

So... people have to be having SEX on your photo threads to remove them? That was it for me.

I posted my opinion on the matter, and promptly unfollowed, then blocked the site completely.

That F44 I was toying with as a replacement for my son's ACE350... nope.

Fine... If people want to post those photos, by all means, I FULLY support their right to do so. But that does NOT mean I have to support them. Nor does it mean I am obligated to continue supporting the company who thinks "family friendly" includes a look down a gals shirt.

AND...when we start suggesting, as a society, that people who have "negative" opinions shouldn't be allowed to speak... that's... well... that's BAD.

Rant over.

Skippy

Wow if I used the same criteria, I would not own a car, motorcycle, my guns, and I should probably just ditch my tv as well. The F44 is such a much better machine than the Ace so it will be your loss, lol. I hope Fender guitars doesn't use sexy women to advertise, I will have to sell the old Strat too!

HistoryHunter22

Apr 19, 2015
Cortland NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150, bounty hunter gold digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it hard to Believe she wears a White T like that to detect.
I know if I wore something that clean & White, it would be trash after the first hour.

unless she's got clean dirt there, Or detects but Doesn't personally retrieve.
My guess She prettied herself up for the Photo shoot.

Nothing wrong with that.

Reminds me of some of the Old Whites adds on the Covers of Mags

View attachment 1306137

Where is her Digger & Where does she stick her Finds ?

Hmmmmm the term "junk in the trunk" comes to mind when i think about where shes storing thw digger an finds bahahahaha XD

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not even want to see me. A picture of me next to a picture of any women MDing on the beach and we all know who is going to win that vote

Yup, pretty female detectorists get all the views on YouTube. I find coins and relics from the 1700's and have 125 subscribers to my channel. A newbie called "she detector" finds jack squat in her videos and has 4,300 subscribers. Sex sells...

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; The real funny part bout this thread is that it is now 7 pages long. !!! AARC, I'm moving in your area. I'll be there in a week ok. PEACE:RONB

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, pretty female detectorists get all the views on YouTube. I find coins and relics from the 1700's and have 125 subscribers to my channel. A newbie called "she detector" finds jack squat in her videos and has 4,300 subscribers. Sex sells...

That's like any business that sells! Put good looking outgoing girls behind the counter and old guys(no offense old guys, I'm getting there too:laughing7:) Will hang out and buy stuff just to come talk to the girls! It works! I know! :laughing7: Get rid of the girls and sales drop like a rock! It's reality! How much we want to stay moral or deny it.:laughing7: I did it with a small coin shop for a short time, my wife and her friend who were outgoing and flirted with everyone, The sales shot through the roof, me and the other guy would come back from auctions and people would be standing in the place all over hanging out!:laughing7: We did lose some to theft or cons that are fast with their hands, but the loss here and there from the two girls not paying attention was made up, through what they sold. If I ever am able to open a business again! Girls are in the plan! It works!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atomicscott, please remember no politics in any forum other than our politics forum.... Thanks.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; A funny thing just happened. I put on the Discovery Channel here and what a DISCOVERY I made.!!! :laughing7: They have an actual TV Series called "NAKED & AFRAID." and yes it shows a man and woman "completely" NAKED.!!!! They blur out the Private Parts but you can still see them walking around totally "BARE ASS." This is a "National" TV Channel to boot. Go Figure. !!!!!!! PEACE:RONB

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi; A funny thing just happened. I put on the Discovery Channel here and what a DISCOVERY I made.!!! :laughing7: They have an actual TV Series called "NAKED & AFRAID." and yes it shows a man and woman "completely" NAKED.!!!! They blur out the Private Parts but you can still see them walking around totally "BARE ASS." This is a "National" TV Channel to boot. Go Figure. !!!!!!! PEACE:RONB

Well that is odd, I am never afraid when I am naked; in fact I am very confident. Just does not work well with an MD, things tend to get in the way. But never afraid.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
She can hold my nuggets! :laughing7:

Really, all I see are mounds of sweet treasure making my detector overload!

Thanks for the picture. I don't facefook.

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atomicscott, please remember no politics in any forum other than our politics forum.... Thanks.

My bad... I plum forgot about that first post! It was definitely political.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is our favorite show!

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image.jpg

Darn Skippy. Garrett sells sex, too. I guess you'll have to sell yours and find something else for your son. Or not. I am guessing your MD of choice will have to do more to offend your sensibilities. But I see no difference in the marketing tactics you are objecting to. In fact, Garrett is wayyy more explicit. And I am sure this chick doesn't even know how to use a metal detector.

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmmmm the term "junk in the trunk" comes to mind when i think about where shes storing thw digger an finds bahahahaha XD

I don't think its in the trunk. I think its up front like a volks beetle... LOL

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

What's that tell you... sex does sell to the masses.... :)))))

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it hard to Believe she wears a White T like that to detect.
I know if I wore something that clean & White, it would be trash after the first hour.

unless she's got clean dirt there, Or detects but Doesn't personally retrieve.
My guess She prettied herself up for the Photo shoot.

Nothing wrong with that.

Reminds me of some of the Old Whites adds on the Covers of Mags

View attachment 1306137

Where is her Digger & Where does she stick her Finds ?

I think I have this issue actually.

Speaking of which...
I have a lot of doubles etc that I keep saying I am gonna sell on here.
One day I might actually do it. heh

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just made it through a couple of her videos, Tim. Good Lord give me some duct tape!! No peace and quiet with her videos!!:BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread