Just picked up a used Quattro at a great price, what can I expect?

fllawboy

Feb 19, 2008
Weston, Florida
Detector(s) used
White MXT/Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked up a used Quattro at a great price and cannot wait until it arrives. What can I expect? It is coming with an 8" coil and a 10.5" coil. I currently use an MXT and Silver UMax and like both detectors a lot, each has its strengths. I am going to be using the Quattro on the beach (wet, dry) and to do some relic hunting. I will of course be testing it out in the back yard to see what if anything the MXT and Silver left behind. Any advice on using the Quattro would be greatly appreciated, I already ordered the "Mastering the Quattro" book.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This detector is a step up from the MXT as most run them. Take note that in the wet saltwater sand you may have to lower sensitivity to combat the salt and black sand together.

On this using it in the back yard to see what another detector missed, if you do happen to find a new target it doesn't mean the other detector was a piece of crap, it just means you didn't over lap enough the first time. The target was out of the coils cone shaped field is all.

OP
OP
fllawboy

fllawboy

Feb 19, 2008
Weston, Florida
Detector(s) used
White MXT/Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman, thanks for the advice. I love my MXT and will not be giving it up anytime soon. As for the backyard issue, I should have properly stated to see what I missed! It is not the detector's fault when Items are misses it is usually the operator!
Best regards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread