just started the hobby(i could use some help)

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Silver Fox said:
Never mind those that said that $20 for a LAND STAR is "fair,"

Silver Fox

Probally not bad advice. You should however also be leary of people who brag a lot, post novels, and think they know everything.
BTW:
The last six BH/LS on eBay had zero bids for around mid $200 asking price.
The last one to sell had three coil sizes and went for $125.
HH

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
radarwill said:
Silver Fox said:
Never mind those that said that $20 for a LAND STAR is "fair,"

Silver Fox

Probally not bad advice. You should however also be leary of people who brag a lot, post novels, and think they know everything.
BTW:
The last six BH/LS on eBay had zero bids for around mid $200 asking price.
The last one to sell had three coil sizes and went for $125.
HH
Selective stats always get you selective results. The LAND STARS on eBay right now are all Buy It Now, none from individuals.

However, when you look at completed listings, you get 20 results. Of those 20, one sold Buy It Now for $349.95, one for $147.27 with 31 bidders!, one for $229 Buy It Now, and one for $248.90 Buy It Now, all plus shipping and handling.

The demand may not be high, but there are those that are willing to pay "high dollars" for this more-than-adequate detector. I almost bid on that one that went for $125 just for the extra 2 coils and I would have sold the LAND STAR and gotten my money back plus, possibly, a profit. I'm willing to bet you that a LAND STAR will never sell on eBay for $20, even a broken one (don't prove me wrong!).

OP
OP
C

cameraman

Jun 10, 2008
central mn
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Thanx for all of your thoughts and advice! I've been practicing with my landstar and i think im starting to understand it better, ill post under todays finds this strange peice of scrap metal i found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread