K.G.C. in Colorado?

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
new ones w mike 077.JPG

Do you think the Knights of the Golden Circle would utilize a permanent structure like the Twin Owls?
I found this while hiking about a mile from there.

turtle1.jpg

What do you think?
BAKER???

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't know if they where there. but if they where, and they seen that. you can bet they knew what it meant. and probley headed up in there.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
I wouldn't know if they where there. but if they where, and they seen that. you can bet they knew what it meant. and probley headed up in there.

LC, any major landmark is likely to be used by a lot of group or individuals. I seem to recall twin owls has an old old history and pop ups in a lot of stories (not treasure related). For some reason I am vaguely recalling it is related with a battle or with the dysporia of the Anasazi during one period. And maybe Pike. I really do not remember the Pike relation, some reference in a book somewhere.

To me your turtle looks Spanish, then it was reused one to two times by different groups..perhaps one of them being later Spanish. However the pic does not allow me to see the carved , sun and shadow symbols clearly that are mainly located on two places on the monument at first glance. But I did notice most of them seem weathered and old. Meanwhile the skull seems newer. And whatever is going on under his head seems out of place for the Spanish stuff I have seen.

So when you climb to top of twin owls..post us a pic lol.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may find evidence in the rocks if it exist. But a better way would be to check geneology.com and track known KGC folks, vie politics or a census. The newer or reworked signs they KGC might use is a guess. I have not seen much other than the JJ post.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I have identified several members of the K.G.C.(with hard evidence) that were in Colorado. I can not (YET) tie them to the Estes park area.
Thanks, L.C. Baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
LC, any major landmark is likely to be used by a lot of group or individuals. I seem to recall twin owls has an old old history and pop ups in a lot of stories (not treasure related). For some reason I am vaguely recalling it is related with a battle or with the dysporia of the Anasazi during one period. And maybe Pike. I really do not remember the Pike relation, some reference in a book somewhere.

To me your turtle looks Spanish, then it was reused one to two times by different groups..perhaps one of them being later Spanish. However the pic does not allow me to see the carved , sun and shadow symbols clearly that are mainly located on two places on the monument at first glance. But I did notice most of them seem weathered and old. Meanwhile the skull seems newer. And whatever is going on under his head seems out of place for the Spanish stuff I have seen.

So when you climb to top of twin owls..post us a pic lol.

Here are some other pictures of it that I took, they may help. The hill top is what the turtle is facing.

turtle2.JPG new ones w mike 067.JPG new ones w mike 068.JPG new ones w mike 069.JPG new ones w mike 070.JPG new ones w mike 071.JPG

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C.Baker:
Reading Bob Brewer's book would be a good place to start. Some folks don't like his book.....others do. He wrote tht the KGC use the turtle, snake, skull, and heart as some of their main signs. The crescent is used by them, too.

Was Pike's Peak named for Albert Pike? I don't remember if that is so, but if it is, Albert Pike was the highest ranking person in the Scottish Rites group and proported to be the top knocker in the KGC. Check for any mention of his name in the local records.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C.Baker:
Reading Bob Brewer's book would be a good place to start. Some folks don't like his book.....others do. He wrote tht the KGC use the turtle, snake, skull, and heart as some of their main signs. The crescent is used by them, too.

Was Pike's Peak named for Albert Pike? I don't remember if that is so, but if it is, Albert Pike was the highest ranking person in the Scottish Rites group and proported to be the top knocker in the KGC. Check for any mention of his name in the local records.

Thanks, I have read both of brewer's books. It was Zebulon Pike that discovered Pikes Peak. He said no man would climb that high again.....................now they race bicycles up it!:thumbsup:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
... It was Zebulon Pike that discovered Pikes Peak. He said no man would climb that high again.....................now they race bicycles up it!:thumbsup:

That's funny all right. Pikes Peak is 14,114'. Everest is 29,029' (almost three miles higher), and 234 people went to its summit in one day last year!

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
It's kind of like NASCAR today compared to NASCAR of days gone by. Those guys didn't have the equipment that is available now days. They were a hell of a lot tougher MEN too. If they had what we have now to work with, who knows what they would have accomplished.
I was reading about a man in his journals of how he crossed the open plains during the gold rush. He slept on the open prairie without a blanket and afraid to start a fire and give himself away. He said "the mosquitos were on him like bill collectors, and were big enough to bite him through his coat!" Can you imagine, no DEET or anything. When they bathed they did their laundry at the same time, in an open steam.
Most people are wimps now. Even the ones on T.V. that are "SURVIVING THE WILD"....:icon_scratch: with a crew and a helicopter standing by in case something goes wrong......If they have any formal experience in the wild it was brief, not the day in day out grueling pace that those in the 1800's kept up. They also didn't have to worry about some P.O.'d Indians hiding in the bushes, trying to kill them and cut off their scalp.

As CCCALCO SAID:
" The real Confederate treasure is buried in the cemeteries of the south and its the lives and the sacrifices of those gallant veterans.
:thumbsup:L.C. Baker

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I have read both of brewer's books. It was Zebulon Pike that discovered Pikes Peak. He said no man would climb that high again.....................now they race bicycles up it!:thumbsup:

LMAO.......yep, Zebulon.......I remember NOW that you told me. LOL Albert is STILL one to look for in the history of your area.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I think Albert Pike was a very interesting fellow indeed! I am most interested in the trip he took just before he died.
Thanks, Baker

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a good friend who is a Mason, perhaps he can do a little research for you in the Mesonic history tombs. SUPPOSEDLY the Masonic Libraries are opened to the general public for legitimate research, but I can't verify that as true.

EDIT: Maybe he came back to Mississippi. He lived in the Natchez area for many years and hobnobbed with some gentlemen who were very influential members of the Mississippi political scene. There's a "Pike" county in the state that was named for him, so SOMEBODY with some horsepower thought highly of him. :laughing7:

And there is a fairly large contigent of a family down in that general area of the state by the last name of "James". :dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
If you have a good friend who is a Mason, perhaps he can do a little research for you in the Mesonic history tombs. SUPPOSEDLY the Masonic Libraries are opened to the general public for legitimate research, but I can't verify that as true.

EDIT: Maybe he came back to Mississippi. He lived in the Natchez area for many years and hobnobbed with some gentlemen who were very influential members of the Mississippi political scene. There's a "Pike" county in the state that was named for him, so SOMEBODY with some horsepower thought highly of him. :laughing7:

And there is a fairly large contigent of a family down in that general area of the state by the last name of "James". :dontknow:

REBEL KGC has been keeping me straight on the Freemasons, he has been a big help in that area.
L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Pike was not the man that discovered Pike's Peak. Pike never did climb Pike's Peak either. When Pike went through there it was called James' Peak. Most likely for General James. They later named it pike's Peak just because Pike and his men crossed over from Cherry Creek to Fountain Creek across a few of the ridges of Pike's Peak.

A member of the Long Expedition was the first to climb Pike's Peak.

we stand corrected..thanks franklin, for setting us straight.:thumbsup:

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
on the first pic, I see a very nice heart shadow and no bear or cave in..the second, it is not exactly a bear..a dog more likely..but the ear is in the wrong place.maybe a pointer..try shooting a photo on the other side of this hoyo...maybe the correct side..and what about the top of this boulder any faces, critters.ect. this might be a monuments
oro for the informed
rangler

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
One major drainage north of that hoyo/formation is a major gold bearing drainage. I have come across, in an old book, a reference to 'ancient' ruins being found just a bit up that drainage - but I cannot assign any measure of credibility to the report. You can find some natural fault caves in the hills of this drainage.

From this one:

View attachment 873926

You have this view, which, if I posted in a separate thread and asked for opinions, many would talk about what a sweet bear hoyo it is. I make no such claims, though I will say I have strong curiosity about the pair of mesas to the east, one of which you can see and both of which are smack dab in the ToVoS longitude. I also have some strong curiosity about something to the south-south east of those mesas too. But only curiosity - no speculations:

View attachment 873931
Thank you Nobody, interesting to me though I avoid kgc. Still it is a good thing to learn enough about it to recognize that type of iconography out in the field. Your bear cavein picture is certainly interesting and perhaps there is a non spanish influence there. Did you notice the numbers ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread