Keeper from the Cull Bucket

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It has been my custom for quite some time to keep a plastic 5 gal. bucket in the back of the Jeep for emptying my digging pouch if I'm on a long hunt with a bunch of digging. I use the Garrett Pouch and if you have one you know how small the small pocket is. I carry a travel magnifier from Kellyco in there so there is only so much room left for keepers so bigger items go in the the large section . Anyway the yesterday I emptied the bucket as trash runs today and as I was separating trash from recyclables I noticed a funny shaped piece with a greenish blue tint. I set it aside to put in my recycle bucket in the garage( for future sale at metal yard ). On closer examination it has a scroll design on 1 side so I washed it up and it turns out it's a brass Broach!! I emptied the bucket 2 months ago so this was most probably dug from the same site I've been working the last month or so.
Broach.JPG Broach 2.JPG

Here in Western Ar. the CW took on the Guerrilla, Partisan type of warfare and no one or anything of value was safe. Combatants on both sides preyed on the civilians. So if you had food or anything of value you hide it somewhere. I'm thinking someone lost their heirlooms or their stolen booty. This is the second piece of jewelry that I've recovered at this site.
As always thanks for looking and HH; GL

Upvote 10

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread