KELLYCO BACKORDERED

Eric Wilson

Mar 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like they are taking advantage of their customers because they can. I have always used a local dealer because I know he appreciates my business. He might go 6-7 years without seeing me but when I walk through the door he knows me by name remembers what I swing now and what I used b4 that. He matches or almost matches Kellyco in price and if I had a problem tomorrow, I could call him and he'd tell me to bring it by, see if I needed to borrow a loaner shoot the breeze with me if I had time. He acts like he cares and I think he does. You can't beat that.

hawkeye1

Apr 6, 2013
north west ga
I wish i had some place like that around here but i live in a small town and the town next to me dont have anyone that sells metal detectors other then radio shack or wal mart. And wal mart was sold out online of the one i wanted. So i had to go online.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Viddy, you are wrong, as example I know one day Kellyco got close to 800 AT Pros in on an order from Garrett which was not quite enough to cover existing orders, problem is they had ordered almost 1500 the rest were back order on them by Garrett... You want to blame someone, blame all the shows about treasure hunting on TV........ The number of orders coming in at KellyCo have far surpassed their Christmas numbers and no sign yet of letting up.......
That does make sense, but 3 years ago when i ordered my Fisher F2, there were NO metal detecting shows on TV. I also heard from many others at that time that had the same exact problems people are having today. If the status says "in-stock" when you order then it should be in stock. At the very least, they shouldn't take your money without notifying you that it amy take a few days (or weeks in some cases) longer, so you have the option of purchasing somewhere else. Unethical business practices, IMHO

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You show 2000 AT Pros arriving on a truck this afternoon, you currently have orders for 1200 so you accept new orders, when truck arrives you find out that1000 of the AT Pros were back ordered so not only do you not have detectors for the full 1200 you had orders on already, you also do not have detectors in stock for the 20 orders placed that day that you thought you had.......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not saying there isn't a better procedure just that I can understand how it can easily happen..

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just checked my order, and the 5x8 DD is off back order!!!!Yippeee. Couple weeks not to bad, unless your waiting for a "tector"

OP
OP
digging440yrs

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO REPLY ON LITTLE DIGGERS POUCH I ORDERED ON 4/3/13 , AND PAID FOR----STILL BACK ORDERED----LOSING MY FAITH AND BUSINESS:censored:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had several other items on this order, which were in stock, and the coil that was back ordered.Placed this order on 3-26-13, and was not charged until today, when order was full filled. Thats the its always been for the last year I've been using them

OP
OP
digging440yrs

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-14-13 still nothing---bummed:censored:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-14-13 still nothing---bummed:censored:

You are kidding right? Looks like kc lost yet another customer. Hang in there! I got my last detector from metaldetector.com in Mass. Great service and fast shipping. Good luck

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unreal; been waiting on this coil, thats backordered. A week ago I get a private message from kellyco joe, on this site wanting my order number so he can check on my coil........................fast forward to today. Called to see where my stuff is, she said the order was closed, per email on treasurenet. WTF I never closed or told anyone to close it!:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

OP
OP
digging440yrs

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today i called kellco[4-15], not only my order hasnt been shipped yet--but --they still do not even have it in stock yet---2 weeks----bummed

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dont know who Kellyco joe is, but I was suspisious that a retailer would contact me about my order on this site. Should have went with my gut feeling. Why would someone close your order? Who is this Kellyco joe? anyone ever deal with him, or was I "punked"?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He works for Kellyco and he is legit.

The demand for detectors and accessories caused by the TV shows is causing tons of backorders by manufacturers..

Last edited:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumright:
He works for Kellyco and he is legit.

Thanks Treasure Hunter, what a mess/mix up, I wanted to cancel 1 item on the order, not THE order, everything is on the way, Sorry Joe:notworthy:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: Thanks Treasure Hunter, what a mess/mix up, I wanted to cancel 1 item on the order, not THE order, everything is on the way, Sorry Joe:notworthy:

No problem.... I live in Orlando. I am very familiar with their issue on backorders....

Example.....they order 2000 AT Pros, they receive 800 with 1200 backordered by Garrett, problem is they already have customer orders for 1000 .....200 upset customers, and next shipment from Garrett is same thing all over again...

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Teasure_Hunter....

I got to agree with you that with the metal detecting TV shows, the hobby has taken off, and also that if you are a 'noobie' and want to research, compare machines, price shop, and bring up the first-googled-company, then KellyCo is the best for that. Which in turn, can swamp your business. It is a good probelm to have :-)

I buy something new pretty much every month, from a digger, to a coil, to knee pads, to a new detector, etc. Some at local stores and some I order online. If it's a White's product, I use KellyCo. They have the White's niche and I think have some great sales people and a few, I ask for, that know their White's stuff.

As a comment to my post earlier in this thread, I just found it strange that my V3i was on backorder for a week, and the day I called to cancel the order, I was told 'not to cancel it would ship tomorrow', and they didn't lie... it shipped the next day! I wonder if my V3i experience was like when you call the hottest restaurant in town to reserve a 7 PM table for two for dinner. They tell you they are totally booked for the night. You name drop that you are "good friends with blah-blah, one of the owners"... then... suddenly... they have a table for 2 at 7 PM with a window view! You arrive and best table in the house! Hmmmm?....

I just ordered a lower rod for my V3i from KellyCo about 20 minutes ago. I am not sure how many noobies watching the metal detecting shows will be ordering a lower rod for a top end machine(?) I used a nice coupon code on top of a sweet price, that can't be beat. Let's see if I get back-ordered.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back orders on Garrett pro pointers all the time as well as other manufacturers....

OP
OP
digging440yrs

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-16-13 NOTHING YET

MetalTime

Dec 14, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
V3i / White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just had to get in on the Kellyco discussion! Around 3 weeks ago I ordered a different coil from them, of course wasn't in stock, so they would check to see when they would have them in. Almost 2 weeks and no response from them so I email to get an update, email a day later tells me someone will let me know status in 2 or 3 days. Almost 8 days later still no status on my order, I email them and get a attitude back, I cancel my order and will not deal with them again. I know! it's just a coil, but there is a lot to be said for customer service.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread