SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just had to get in on the Kellyco discussion! Around 3 weeks ago I ordered a different coil from them, of course wasn't in stock, so they would check to see when they would have them in. Almost 2 weeks and no response from them so I email to get an update, email a day later tells me someone will let me know status in 2 or 3 days. Almost 8 days later still no status on my order, I email them and get a attitude back, I cancel my order and will not deal with them again. I know! it's just a coil, but there is a lot to be said for customer service.

Try Metaldetector.com, they've had my business for the last few years with no issues. Ordered a Vaquero a few weeks back on a Monday, had it in my hands by Friday.

bj139

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2011
I ordered a Garrett Propointer with the Gator digging tool last week and got it 2 days ago. I forgot to enter the discount code, called them and they refunded the discount. I would buy from them again.

OP
OP
digging440yrs

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-19-13---NOTHING

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why i deal with only small dealers from these forums now.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call, cancel, and reorder elsewhere.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is why i deal with only small dealers from these forums now.
I agree 24/7 help and very good service Bart,Tom,Wayne= good customer service...before and after the sale.
Gary

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I posted earlier about my V3i that was not shipped, I called to cancel, they shipped it that day...blah blah blah....

I ordered from KellyCo 2 more times since then. Now I got AMAZINGLY FAST shipping that is actually unexpected!. Ordered a White's lower rod for my other coil I bought at the beginning of the week. How could that be backordered?!?!, right? It wasn't. I got it 2 days later with my $5.00 coupon, and they sent me another $5.00 coupon for my next purchase. TWO DAYS LATER?!?!. They rush shipped it and I didn't even ask or pay for it!

I try to give companies the benefit of the doubt, and ordered my first detector from KellyCo about 2 years ago. Since then....I am a metal detecting addict, and have had 2-3 detectors at once, and went thru a bunch, besides accessories, the detector+gear I bought my GF, so that is a lot of ordering! I probably spent about $4000 on metal detecting gear my first year, and $3000 my second year (and I am not counting the buy and then sell and take a loss, but ACTUAL cash invested). I have used the big companies, as well as the small ones, including the one Susan MN mentioned earlier.

One thing I like about KellyCo is the tech they use. Not just on their website, but in their ordering. The Second thing, and a HUGE THING, is that I have always got awesome customer service from them. Here's a few examples...

--I also forgot to enter my 'online code for a discount'. I called them and they credited it to me, very easily and respectfully.
--I used a new credit card I just got, and it wouldn't go through. I was baffled! Roger told me that maybe my limit was set low and to call the bank. That was it. The limit default was low. I was a little embarrassed, as I am good for my debts, and knew the card had the room. He never made me feel like a deadbeat, and helped me figure it out.
--They have some people that have been there a long time. On one order, JW actually knew a few people from my area that used KellyCo and I knew who they were. based on knowing them, and their success (they are legends around Pittsburgh), gave me some advice on what to use and we adjusted my items and order. He was 110% accurate and right!
--They have always packed and boxed everything very very well. I am sure they get their packing in bulk, due to how big they are, but I don't really care. Just get me my gear, and let it not be damaged!
--IF you ever need anything 'warranty related', they will get you what you need, especially if you are haphazard like me, and misplace, lose, or don't register stuff. They are the biggest, and the manufactureres help them out.... including!... their customers. whew!

two things to end this post.....

#1... there are some great small dealers. I have dealt with a few running them out of their basements and garages. They are sincere and actually have more of a passion for the hobby and helping you out, than the profit they are getting. There are also some great people working for the 'big dogs'. I work retail for a big company, and I care about the people I meet every day I go to work and try and help them.

#2... I think a KellyCo rep must be watching and reading these posts. As of my rant about my V3i order on page 1 of this blog, my last 2 purchases from KellyCO had an insanely fast turn-around! Thank you!.. sincerely!... but the rod for my new 4x6 coil WAS NOT AN EMERGENCY ! ! ! ! I ordered it as a convenience! LOL

OP
OP
digging440yrs

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RECVED MY ORDER 4-30-13-------WOW-----ORDER WAS PLACED 4-3-13--------27 DAYS

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That place is over priced. Shop around and u can find waaaaaaaay bettee prices.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That place is over priced. Shop around and u can find waaaaaaaay bettee prices.

Hummmmm...

There is a set price that no store is allowed to advertise or sell below new...If caught doing so the manufactories can pull their license to sell their products. Big or small store doesn't matter.

I had to pull a classified ad in our classifieds because I got personal email from Minelab sales director on sale of a new detector that was below the set price....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got better quotes from one of tnets biggest dealers than kellyco. Id buy from ebay b4 kellyco.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got better quotes from one of tnets biggest dealers than kellyco. Id buy from ebay b4 kellyco.

That is your right, it is called free enterprise, just like buying a new car you can negotiate a better price if you try....

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH do you know what it takes to become a distributor? Been thinking about it. Any info?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH do you know what it takes to become a distributor? Been thinking about it. Any info?

I can find out for you through my minlab contacts...

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is your right, it is called free enterprise, just like buying a new car you can negotiate a better price if you try....

Well I know ill.never buy from them or tell others too either. There packages r rediculous charge a crazy price for a cheap pro pointer and other crap. Overrated.

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure_Hunter....

you are right about the 'minimum price' on detectors set by manufacturers for dealers.... why do you think they bundle?...LOL

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter....

you are right about the 'minimum price' on detectors set by manufacturers for dealers.... why do you think they bundle?...LOL

Many dont understand if a dealer is caught advertising or selling below the min price set by the manufactures the manufacture can pull their right to sell their detectors....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtscraper, please stop advertising non supporting vendors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread