Kellyco you disappointed me!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like your buying out of a warehouse. Where they dont actually have the item. Right now they cant keep up with orders most likely due to the Diggers show, which I like. Too bad really, as Im sure some folks could use the work to help them keep up with orders. As for Kellyco, they are just a middle man, they dont produce or make anything. They just take their cut. Im glad sales are up, hate to see this type of post. It hurts the hobby.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Try callin one of the sponcers of this web site Bart @ Big Boys Hobbies,Mike@ Woodland ,Wayne@detectinstuff ..Tom MDZthey will show you customer service.

Kellyco Joe

Jul 30, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
E-Trac
Tesoro Tejon
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi LasVegasAngel,

Sorry that you had this experience, if you can PM me your details I'll check into your order. One of the challenges we have is that orders are filled on a first come first served basis, and orders coming in from multiple sources so while the sales rep can check inventory for availability, he does not know how many orders are in the queue ahead of yours and yet to be fulfilled. I understand how frustrating this can be, especially when its a birthday present.
Again, sorry for delays, believe me we don't like it either, we all want our customers to receive their products when they need them. I'll check to see where your order is now.
Sincerely

Kellyco Joe

Jul 30, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
E-Trac
Tesoro Tejon
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CoinHunterAZ, We try to monitor the forums, and have a list of 10 forums to monitor, sometimes it takes time for us to get to everyone, especially at the moment. Best to PM me, it then goes straight to my email, or of course phone customer service. 407-699-8700.
Cheerz

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi LasVegasAngel,

Sorry that you had this experience, if you can PM me your details I'll check into your order. One of the challenges we have is that orders are filled on a first come first served basis, and orders coming in from multiple sources so while the sales rep can check inventory for availability, he does not know how many orders are in the queue ahead of yours and yet to be fulfilled. I understand how frustrating this can be, especially when its a birthday present.
Again, sorry for delays, believe me we don't like it either, we all want our customers to receive their products when they need them. I'll check to see where your order is now.
Sincerely

As someone who writes retail software for a living all I can say is that this is a completely unacceptable answer. No retailer worth their salt does things this way. The 100+ store retailers that I work with would fire me if I told them their system couldn't handle taking orders immediately against up-to-date stock/inventory numbers. It should be a VERY rare occurrence that a backorder occurs.

Maybe it is time to step out of the stone age and invest in a real inventory and point of sale system? My understanding is that you only have one store. If retailers with 100+ stores can handle multiple ordering channels and not have problems, how can you make this excuse?

The bottom line is that if you WANTED to make not having backorders a priority then the problem could easily be solved through software and process changes. But apparently, management doesn't see it as an issue.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man the OP really 'got it started' WEW LOUD!!!!!

Kellyco Joe

Jul 30, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
E-Trac
Tesoro Tejon
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As someone who writes retail software for a living all I can say is that this is a completely unacceptable answer. No retailer worth their salt does things this way. The 100+ store retailers that I work with would fire me if I told them their system couldn't handle taking orders immediately against up-to-date stock/inventory numbers. It should be a VERY rare occurrence that a backorder occurs.

Maybe it is time to step out of the stone age and invest in a real inventory and point of sale system? My understanding is that you only have one store. If retailers with 100+ stores can handle multiple ordering channels and not have problems, how can you make this excuse?

The bottom line is that if you WANTED to make not having backorders a priority then the problem could easily be solved through software and process changes. But apparently, management doesn't see it as an issue.

Ok TreasurePirate69,

Lets see your software, if its a better fit for what we are doing, then there is no reason why we should not consider using it.

Send me some details, and references of similar businesses that are using it.

Do you have a demo set up, or is there a customer in Central Florida that uses it that we can speak with?

Let me know.

rcle1220

Greenie
Mar 14, 2013
Barberton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry to hear of your traumatic experience with Kellyco. I just recently made a purchase with them and also received the item will be shipped right out email but then the next day received an email stating the item was on back-order so I called and asked what was going on. :BangHead: They said I'd get it soon because they were expecting a shipment the next day. To my surprise they actually called me and said it came in and would ship the next morning, which it did. I think the email they send stating item was shipping is a standard one they send everyone right after a sale which is definitely a bad practice as far as I'm concerned. Anyway...it actually ended up coming very quickly and customer service was very helpful to me. I'd purchased a bundled item and one item was missing and when I called them they apologized and sent the item immediately and to my surprise it arrived the very next day with 2-$5.00 off coupons! They won me as a customer!:hello2: By the way it was a Garrett AT Pro bundle I bought and it's great:icon_thumleft:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dealt with KellyCo a couple times. The first time was perfect. The second time I ordered multiple items and one of the items was not what I ordered so I called them and they said they were very sorry and that I could keep the wrong item and they sent my item next day mail. I couldn't ask for more then that. :icon_thumright: I'm sure they will take care of you. I know that I will order from them again.

Gary1963

Jan 3, 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030 XP Deus Garrett Pin Pointer
Phiranna
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was looking to upgrade to a new detector. My choices were with KellyCo. and another company that I have seen on this forum. I will have to rethink this.

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had an almost exact situation last year. They lost me.

ret-detector

Feb 20, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kellyco was very good to me. They matched the best price I could find on the AT Pro and Pro Pointer with no questions. There was a back order for a few days, but I had the same delay thing with the other companies. Everyone has been selling AT Pro's like crazy. The store in Winter Springs, FL was selling about 200-300 each week. They got their order as they (Kellyco) said they would and FedEx'ed it to me...got it in one day. I have to say that Kellyco served me very well...no complaints here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TreasurePirate, you can handle this via PMs with Kellyco Joe, you do not need to do it on the open forums and you do not attack or insult any member or vendor on the forums.....

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish she would come tell us when she gets it.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have bought from KellyCo for years. I cannot remember ever having a problem. Also, even though Mike at Woodland detectors does not show up as a sponsored site, he still does business with the people here. I have recently bought another Garrett 250 for someone through Mike. And I will buy more through Mike. I try to "buy local". Mike first then KellyCo.... Everyone has the right to choose and I choose local! TTC

OP
OP
L

LasVegasAngel

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The delivery was received as promised on Thursday the 21st .
I want to thank Gene Knight for the quick intervention to resolve the issue.
Good job Kellyco ! Thumbs up!
Even if there are some cracks here and there (which happens to any businesses out there) Kellyco’s reps patch them on time to make sure everything is smooth. . After all Kellyco does keep up to its promises and their reputation is well deserved.
Thank you again :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gene is the man, glad he help resolve the issue...

Kellyco cares about its customers but sometimes things happen and management may not be aware of the problem until you contact them directly...

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I'm sorry to hear some of you guys are having difficulties getting your orders through Kellyco. I suspect that with the increased interest in metal detecting stemming from the new TV shows, at least one of which Kellyco advertises with...they have been inundated with orders and are jumping through hoops trying to fill them. It is a leap in sales which has surpassed their expectations. A little time to catch up is all they need. Kellyco cares deeply, not only about the customer but also the community. I recently had a benefit for one of our members who is fighting stage 3 colon cancer. Kellyco stepped up to the plate and arranged to have 5 high end metal detectors there for me to raffle off along with 250 backpacks with goodies in them. I'm a customer for life!
Aquanut

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I have purchased items from Kellyco. I have had nothing but good experiences with Kellyco! I can't say the same for other vendors I have dealt with...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread