stefen said:
shaun7 said:
stefen said:
That or some village is missing its idiot socially challenged personage :hello

I'm sorry Stefen, I've obviously upset you! Which I never meant to do :-\

Gotcha ;D

Ohh........good one! Can I still come to the wedding then ;D

You bet...

Bring money and we'll go out to dinner at the 5 Crowns for the best prime rib dinner ever...at least there won't be prostrating waiters...just serving wenches who love to show their cleavage...wares...you know... :laughing7:

P.S. We'll leave the wives at home...

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But if the serving wenches were on their knees at your table bet you would not object ! Wares show better that way! :laughing7:

OP
OP
S

stefen

Mental Granny said:
But if the serving wenches were on their knees at your table bet you would not object ! Wares show better that way! :laughing7:

They are so much better appreciated when they bend over to place the drinks or meals :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

stefen

allan said:
Great, now I am wondering if Hooters sells steaks

Hamburgers...

Give me a steak anytime...Loweries and the 5 Crowns, are by far, the finest restaurants with great atmosphere, and fabulous service...

Hooters is par with McDonald's...my opinion (so you don't want to get me going) :laughing7:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
last time I went to Hooters, the eye candy was great, but the wings were nasty

OP
OP
S

stefen

Sniffer said:
last time I went to Hooters, the eye candy was great, but the wings were nasty

As long as your sniffin and not tasting the candy :laughing7:

OP
OP
S

stefen

Mental Granny said:

You can bet that if they knelt at my table, I'd get a good view (down the valley) and could tell if their shoe laces were tied :laughing7:

OP
OP
S

stefen

Mental Granny said:
Tsk tsk tsk :nono:

Women should not get offended if someone is oogling their wares...if so, don't place them on display.

Its like trolling for tips... :wink:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
if women didn't want men to look at them, they wouldn't dress to draw your attention to their assets and valleys LOL

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My understanding is that the word tip or to tip meant ..To insure politeness. This used to be done before being served. You would tip the amount you wanted to insure your expected level of service. ( A few places I still do this)
I guess that did not work as now we wait till we see what level of service we have received and tip accordingly. The view is a welcome bonus.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't ever not leave a tip if its that bad complain and leave 2 cents ! At some point that person if they don't already know will find out that, that is worse than no tip! But, don't go back til they are gone from the place! >:(

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Here is a good story if you think tipping has anything to do with service,

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Time-In-Prison--70426052.html?yhp=1

Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

If you’re frustrated by poor service at a restaurant, think twice before you decide to not tip. You may be in for a bit more than just a dirty look from the waiter.

"Nobody, nobody wants to be forced to pay a tip or be arrested for terrible service," Leslie Pope said when her happy hour ended in handcuffs.

Pope and John Wagner were hauled away by police and charged with theft for not paying the mandatory 18 percent gratuity totaling $16 after eating at the Lehigh Pub in Bethlehem, Pa. with six friends.

Pope claimed that they had to wait nearly an hour for their order and that she had to get napkins and silverware for the table herself

“At this point I became very annoyed because I had already gone up to the bar myself to have my soda refilled because the waitress never came back,” Pope said.

After the $73 bill came, the group paid for food, drinks, and tax but refused to pay the tip. After explaining the bad service to the bartender in charge, Pope claimed he took their money and called police. The couple was handcuffed and placed in the back of a police car.

“I understand that, you know, we didn’t pay the gratuity, but it was a gratuity, it wasn’t something that was required,” said Wagner.

The owner admitted that the group waited unusually long for their food, but said the pub was extremely busy that night. He said managers offered to comp the food, a claim the couple denies ever happened.

“Obviously we would have liked for the patron and the establishment to have worked this out without getting the police involved,” said Deputy Police Commissioner Stuart Bedics.

Police charged them with theft since the gratuity was part of the actual bill. However, it is doubtful that the charges will hold up in front of a judge. The couple is scheduled to appear in court next month.

OP
OP
S

stefen

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gratuities.

Leaving some currency on a restaurant table is a common way of giving a tip to the serving staff. A tip (also called a gratuity) is a voluntary extra payment made to certain service sector workers in addition to the advertised price of the transaction. Such payments and their size are a matter of social custom. Tipping varies among cultures and by service industry. Though by definition a tip is never legally required, and its amount is at the discretion of the patron being served.

Here is a business transaction that needs to be discussed openly in the local newspaper or radio...which is an example of negative publicity that could bring a restaurant to its knees (pardon the pun)

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try this one ... we went to a steak place one that is a large chain but, is fanchised owned, Jeff and our daughter took me for Mothers Day, their food was fine mine not even what I ordered, my baked potato was raw and so was my steak sent back 30 min later they told me a bit longer.... they are now done eating I called for Mgr. he said mine would be free, just pay for theirs, I said I'm not eating now we were ready to go, so he said pay for my salad and drink and theirs and I said no so ok just theirs and he said ok ! But he leaves and we went to cashier she made us pay for my salad and drink and asked about tip, there was no tip but she would not call Mgr. Still peeves me to this day! >:(

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
OK, I don't get to show my expertise very often, HOWEVER, this is it...

I am a (former) restaurant owner/manager and service is almost always number one, it's a close tie with quality. Everyone always has their own idea of what a "good dining experience" is from a consumers point of view.

Waiters and waitresses consider "tips" part of their salary because they work for less than half of minimum wage (usually $2 to $3 by the hour) and they are really touchy about it. If they asked me for a raise...I told them to give better service and they would get better tips, thus they would make more money. But if the quality wasn't there it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference.

If I am out paying for dinner for me and my girlfriend or a party of 12 people the tip depends on the service...period! The only thing that would affect that is if the food was really bad. If that was the case I would be dealing with the manager and not the wait staff.

It depends on the situation whether I want the waiter/waitress being "familiar" with us. Most times it makes the whole night just that much more fun. I have had a waitress sit right down at the table with our party, take our orders, and it was a blast, we gave her crap and she gave us crap and we all had a great time. Now if it had been our anniversary or Valentines day...totally inappropriate. They need to be able to read the situation.

There are several variables and if the management or the wait staff can't recognize the proper way to serve the customer at hand...someone is NOT gonna be happy! I love to feed people and help them have a great time but sometimes you just can't do it. Having the waiter/waitress kneel down to take your order, it's because they were TOLD to do this by their BOSS. Do NOT take it out on them, I guarantee they couldn't care one way or the other.

Corporations have totally forgotten about the "human" factor, all they care about is selling you a dessert or another drink from the bar so they can get a higher ticket average.

Remember that old saying "the customer is always right" well, they're not!!! But they ARE ALWAYS the customer! So if you don't want a waiter or waitress kneeling down to take your order say so, and if they are any good at what they do they won't. If they are good at what they do, you'll never remember they did it to begin with.

Basically the idea is, don't let corporate businesses ruin your night out and if the wait staff can't figure out that you are there for fun or there for romance (or whatever) let them know and they should be able to adjust, if not tell them you want to see the manager and get a free meal out of it by complaining :icon_pirat:

Sorry if I got off on a rant,

Charlie

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
totally understandable Charlie,
I worked in restaurants over the years and anymore they don't care who you are, because there are so many people
out there, that are willing to overlook poor service, that they know they'll be back.
not me, if they can't treat me with respect and dignity, then they can stick it up theirs, because I won't be back

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well one more horror story from this little town ..... Jeff and I went to XXXXXXX family restraunt (chain) and were seated quick then waitress came real perky but not really paying attention .. noticed something must have been going on it main part of place we were in the side room, well she finally came back said sorry took order and went on, when she brought our food back she almost dropped it on the table actually almost threw it would be better wording, did not ask if we needed anything did not even see if we had all we ordered and literally ran off! Well we needed some more ...Rolls, butter, veggie! So I asked another waitress, and about 15 min later our first girl came back and laughing said there was a group of 15 out front and they were all trying to wait on that table cause it would be a big tip! I asked did you get it ? She said no.... I said to bad ! Then when she went back to the front someone else sitting beside us, said and shes not getting any from back here we all laughed! I gave the lady who got our stuff a tip and when we went to pay I made sure I told them (mgr on that shift) and she said well,,, they do really work for the tip and that would have been a good one! No apology, tried to make me feel that our little tip amount, would not be any thing compared to that table!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions