Knights of the Golden Circle, Order of American Knights, Freemasons and Kabbalah

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
What is the correct name for this? Has anyone seen it before anywhere? Thanks in advance!:icon_thumleft:
monument.jpg

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope... YOU tell us.

If I knew for sure I would Rebel, but I am still trying to figure out what it is representing myself. I have some ideas but nothing concrete at this time. I was really hoping you or someone else might have seen it used before. It may be so unique that it is one of a kind? :dontknow: Did you notice the lions?

lions.jpg

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I may be nuts or trying to herd cats as OL..what's his name says, but I want to know what it is just the same. Maybe it is the way I was raised?:tongue3:

wr.jpg

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Have you ever heard of the Egyptian Rite of Memphis? I have been looking at some members who were initiated and two years later they received their degrees? :dontknow: I have been looking at the symbolism they used and it looks familiar. One of the men wrote this book I ordered tonight.

https://www.amazon.com/Egyptian-Masonic-Rite-Memphis-Calvin/dp/1613420455
Heard of it; was part of OLDEN days. NOT part of AMD (Allied Masonic Degrees); I was Sovereign Master. :coffee2: It was MAINLY Italian & French, with some German NAZIS.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL! I was the same as Brick-Layer's Helper, Carpenter's Helper... carrying "supplies" as needed to "The Masters" (Brick-layers, Carpenters, etc; there was a "System")… AND! We ALL loved the CHUCK-WAGON"....

Last edited:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I was a bricklayer too. Not a mason. I built a fireplace for a guy & he dug my folks a deep well. I built a garage out of native stone. Now that was fun! A giant jigsaw puzzle. Glad I got out of it.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Reb- when I was an operative (stone) mason, they called me "Hod Carrier".

Me too Mailman! I was a hod hopper for Andrew Roby Construction in Charlotte N.C. until I went into heating and air with another company for Shamrock Developments. My father is quite good at brick and block laying and he is also a past master of the Freemasons. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Heard of it; was part of OLDEN days. NOT part of AMD (Allied Masonic Degrees); I was Sovereign Master. :coffee2: It was MAINLY Italian & French, with some German NAZIS.

Calvin C. Burt and Lewis Cass were raised in a lodge in France the way I understand it. I want to study the degrees to see the symbolism explained, there is alot of them though and unless they are short rituals I can imagine why it took the two of them two years to get their degrees!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
“On this manner, through good wit of geometry,
Began first the craft of masonry;
The clerk Euclid on this wise it found,
This craft of geometry in Egypt land.
In Egypt he taught it full wide,
In divers lands on every side;
Many years afterwards, I understand,
Ere that the craft came into this land.
This craft came into England, as I you say,
In time of good King Athelstane's day”

:icon_thumright:
The Regius Manuscript
"A Poem of Moral Duties"

The oldest English known Masonic Document
in Poetic Meter 1390

http://www.themasonictrowel.com/ebo...History_Of_The_Ancient_And_Primitive_Rite.pdf

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The way this is written is a good example of how one must be accepted aa Freemason as a precursor to the entry into another fraternity of a different name and standard. I have always suspected that the K.G.C. and O.A.K. were both exactly like that.:icon_thumleft:

The Ancient and Primitive Rite has always acknowledged the
Supremacy of the State or National Grand Lodges over the symbolic
first three degrees of a Blue Lodge, and engrafted the same into its
constitution. The Ancient and Primitive Rite, does not countenance,
confer degrees upon, or retain within its bosom any person not in
good standing in a Blue or Symbolic Lodge of F∴and A∴M∴. The
Sovereign Sanctuary Recognizes all Regular Masonic Rites such as
the Ancient York Rite, the French Rite, the Misraim Rite, the
Scottish Rectified Rite, the Ancient and Accepted Rite and so on.
The Sovereign Sanctuary does not initiate in the Craft Degrees of
Masonry. The Sovereign Sanctuary respects all Grand Lodges of the
Craft, and only works from the 4th Degree onwards to the 95th and
last of the Masonic Scale of High Degree Masonry.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
LC- Dan & Grandad were contractors. They were building a 100'X200' structure out of 8" blocks. They had a young man carrying hod for them, mixing mud by hand in a mudbox. The third day of work, the kid found out the mud mixed lot's easier if he put more water to it. The first couple of batch could be fixed at the mudboard by throwing in a handful of masonry cement. The third batch was about like melted ice cream & Grandad told the kid when he brought a 5 gallon bucket of it "That's just what I need", poured it into the hollow blocks & told him "Bring me more of that stuff just as quick as

Last edited:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
you can." Grandad sat back, lit a cigar and poured the thin mud in the blocks as fast as the kid could bring it. Dad saw this & told him "I need some too", lit a cigarette and sat back. The kid finished that batch, made another and the next batch after that was the best mud you ever saw. They cured that boy.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Calvin C. Burt and Lewis Cass were raised in a lodge in France the way I understand it. I want to study the degrees to see the symbolism explained, there is alot of them though and unless they are short rituals I can imagine why it took the two of them two years to get their degrees!:icon_thumright:
NOT in the USA, tho...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The way this is written is a good example of how one must be accepted aa Freemason as a precursor to the entry into another fraternity of a different name and standard. I have always suspected that the K.G.C. and O.A.K. were both exactly like that.:icon_thumleft:

The Ancient and Primitive Rite has always acknowledged the
Supremacy of the State or National Grand Lodges over the symbolic
first three degrees of a Blue Lodge, and engrafted the same into its
constitution. The Ancient and Primitive Rite, does not countenance,
confer degrees upon, or retain within its bosom any person not in
good standing in a Blue or Symbolic Lodge of F∴and A∴M∴. The
Sovereign Sanctuary Recognizes all Regular Masonic Rites such as
the Ancient York Rite, the French Rite, the Misraim Rite, the
Scottish Rectified Rite, the Ancient and Accepted Rite and so on.
The Sovereign Sanctuary does not initiate in the Craft Degrees of
Masonry. The Sovereign Sanctuary respects all Grand Lodges of the
Craft, and only works from the 4th Degree onwards to the 95th and
last of the Masonic Scale of High Degree Masonry.
USA does not have a NATIONAL GRAND LODGE, like UGLE (United Grand Lodge of England), & MAINLY does not "recognize" the Ancient & Primitive Rite. Your interest in symbols is noticed; Phoenixmasonry.org may help.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
USA does not have a NATIONAL GRAND LODGE, like UGLE (United Grand Lodge of England), & MAINLY does not "recognize" the Ancient & Primitive Rite. Your interest in symbols is noticed; Phoenixmasonry.org may help.

Yes, Calvin C. Burt and Lewis Cass were both raised in a lodge in France. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread