Know your fishin boats??....opinions wanted.

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
So Ive determined that I need a boat(something every man does evenyually...right).I carefully consider the type of boat that I need to suit my fishing and treasure hunting needs and I go shopping.Average price....15 to 18k!!!!....Holy crap!
So, Im looking for a used boat and after several months I see something interesting on E-Bay.It looks like a good "Buy it now" price, so after a long discussion with the seller....I buy.
Im picking this boat up on Friday and Im hoping to get some positive input so that I might feel like I got a great deal......but be honest,.
Im not that knowlegable about boats and the seller has sort of given me a satisfaction gaurantee.What I might add over what is in the description is that the boat has always been stored inside.The boat is annually winterised and professionally inspected and is mechanically excellent per the local marine service.There is no wood in the boat...all aluminum decks and gunwhales.There is a transom saver.The interior is impeccable and as new.
Thanks for your input....Joe
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...soo%3D1&fcl=3&frpp=50&fvi=1&item=140151984003

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been following the tournament trails around since I was 10. Besides my wife, fishing is the one thing I love and know better than detecting. I think you got a good deal. As long as the engine and trolling motors are in good running condition, the boat looks in great shape and will definitely get the job done whether you want to enter a fishing tournament or dive for relics!! ;) Keep a smile on your face as a new BassTracker is about $13,000. I think this was a good buy ;)

Sentinel

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Seems like a good deal to me, now all you gotta do is come to WI, so you can cathch some fish ;). Seriously, either of you guys, if you're ever headed to central WI, drop me a PM, let's just say........I know a few spots......

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Sentinel & Gold Fish...you got yourself a good buy. Now, go get your license, rods & reels, life jackets, I'll be waiting on a pic of you in your boat holding a string of fish.

;) RR

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
;D The boat looks good, the info the seller gave sounds good and even Ebay is backing it for $20,000 for fraud.
I think you'll enjoy it for years to come. Nice buy! Now the question is, are you taking your detector out every time you take the boat out?
HH and HH boating

Desertfox

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
my dad sells used boats in key largo...

never heard of the boat brand you got but thats not important. lots of boat companies out there. the engine is decent. i beleive mariner was made by mercury marine. basic engine but works fine. be very watchful of the oil injection system. if it fails, and they do, you'll trash the motor. because of the oil injection system failing on older motors lots of people bypass it and go back to premix. one less thing to worry about on an older motor. premix is a little bit of a hassle but no where near trying to replace a froze motor.

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Based on the price of their newer boats, you saved at least 70-75%. I'd say you got a good deal. As long as the engine is good, it's a good deal.

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Joe;
Looks like a honey. It really does look like it was owned by a really fussy person. It also looks like whoever owned it didn't have 2 sons that use it more then he does. I know what that feels like. I thought all of us michiganiacs owned boats. Good luck in all you do with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread