Last 2 weeks finds,New pic added!

D

Darod

Just pics:

Last 2 weeks' finds:

I haven't been able to get out for any length of time these past few weeks, only during my lunch breaks.

The ring is costume/junk I think. The figures are lead I think. Founds lots more clad just didn't take a pic of it,...it's just more of the same :)

all.jpg

ring1.jpg

ring2.jpg

ring3.jpg

dime.jpg

5pencefront.jpg

5pence1.jpg

all.jpg

butterflyribbon.jpg

I found i very nice gold earring the other day too. Has a pink CZ in it. I'll add the pic tomorrow, camera is at work right now.
Rod

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Darod

Re: Last 2 weeks finds, Lots of pics,...BEWARE

dano,
sure I'll trade with ya.

Hollowpointred,

The purple porp is not called Key West.
Conchy Joe's is still there. By the way, the land Conchy Joe's sets on is a great spot for the older coins! There used to be a hotel there years ago called Harbor City Hotel, and then in the 40's it was called Oleanders. They actually used parts of the old hotel in the construction of Conchy Joe's.

Here is a scan of the Harbor City Hotel (Oleanders Hotel) in the 40's on the site of Conchy Joe's today:

oleandersite.jpg

Cool stuff, huh :)

Here's the sad part,....I moved to this area in 1984 and I can remember this building like it is shown in the top photo. I remember when it burned down too,.....it really makes me sad to see history just get wiped out like that. I think of all the good times people had in that hotel, all the weddings, parties, vacationers, just memories in general. It sucked to see it torn down. Progress,......hmmmm. Is it really progress? :-\ :-[ I don't think so.

Rod

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
wow its such a small world!.......when i visited melbourne i stayed with a girl named leanne that worked at conchey joes. she lived within a two minutes walk from it and we were there every day for a week. i did a lot of fishing off of that pier as well!thanks for posting those cool pics!.......keith

F

Floater

History is a part of us all and we should not forget it. The Past may sometimes be painfull or full of joy but if we forget it we are doomed to repeat it. Ok now with all that mumbo jumbo out of the way I sure wish I could repeat some of it. Like the time I slept on Sattelite Beach and I met a girl there and we ........ ALL NIGHT LONG. LOL Cool Pics Rod. Keep em comin.

OP
OP
D

Darod

Well,

I'm sorry, I forget to mention where I found this stuff. Most, actually all of it was from parks directly on the beach. I'll post some more pics of the parks so you can see the proximity of the parks to the beach itself. I work beach side at a Military base,...Patrick AFB, FL. So, on my lunch break I just drive down A1A (beach highway here) and hit the parks as I come to them. :)

The beaches here are starting to get really crowded on the weekends again. Starting to get warm here again. I plan on hunting in the morning starting this week. I figure I can get to the beach around 5:30am and hunt for an hour or so before work. I'll let everyone know how that goes,.......if I can get up in the morning :-X it should go pretty good,....we'll see.

Rod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread