SurfRat Surfaces

F

Floater

Well Surfrat and I finally? got together and hunted two of my demo sites . He has the ML Quatro and My Excalibur. If we got too close in the areas the interference would set my machine off a little. Surf got a couple of Penny's and I pulled in ( surf I now it wasn't great for ya but we bonded man.)? A BUFFALO. I cant get a date on it yet but also pulled 4 Wheaties. I will post pics later. We had a good time though and it was my first time dating. Just kidding. He came up and met the wife and then we bolted. God Bless her. Anyway still no silver at these sites but just goes to show after I have hit them each at least twice. we still found more. I,ll post pics later this weekend if the cleaning and soaking goes OK. HH

Upvote 0
D

Darod

Re: SurfRat Sufaces

Dave,

If your finding buffalo's and wheaties like that your gonna find silver for sure! You can pretty much bet on it! Buffalo's are from 1913 to the later 30's or early 40's I think,....that's prime silver time buddy! I've got my fingers crossed for ya hoping you'll pull out a nice walking liberty or morgan!!!!!! it could happen ;)

Rod

OP
OP
F

Floater

Thanks Rod. I agree, all the whets so far have been in the forty's and I think my first buff was a 38 so there must be some silver in there.
I,m going to bury a couple of dimes and a silver solid ring in the back and check my tones. I have been diggin everything and have the tabs to prove it so i just guess they are more illusive than the copper. Between sprinkler heads and old aluminum window parts these sites can be a challenge. also the cast iron pipe makes a good hit too. I'm gettin there though. HH

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT

Floater, have you set up a detecting bed with different items at different depths to get the feel or pin-point the sounds your detecting for? I have one in my back yard and it has made a difference in detecting sounds that let me know whats underneath before I start diggin.

OP
OP
F

Floater

49er said:
Floater, have you set up a detecting bed with different items at different depths to get the feel or pin-point the sounds your detecting for? I have one in my back yard and it has made a difference in detecting sounds that let me know whats underneath before I start diggin.

I do 49er but since i am new I do dig it all. I am getting used to the different tones but when you hunt a really trashy demo site that Excalibur just wails off some tones and what i have found is not only the tone but the target size will help me determine if it is trash or not. If I can swing the detector more than a foot and still get the same tone then it is either a pipe or a damn roof tab. Those are made of aluminum but some do have a high iron count on the older ones or tin. Alot of cast iron pipe also fragments and give off a good signal but like i said you have to dig it. Now I Will go in-once i feel i have covered all the area at least once with low disc. and then go at it with high. I will miss gold but my depth should still be there and then should get the silver if its there.I will also have to slow down and really listen because if it is deeper than 10 -12 inches y signal will be faint. My garden test area I have a dime at 12 inches AND IT COMES IN CLEAR BUT IN THE FIELD WITH TRASH IS A LITTLE DIFF. Thanks for lookin.

D

Darod

Dave,

I think you'll find that the silver will give you a nice high tone. Soft and mellow if it's deeper and louder and distinctly sharper if it shallow. Tell me what your machine is saying.

Rod

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana
Good luck Floater. Should be a way to get through the trash but cant figure it out on my whites 6000 di. Found an old ladies of the evening house but roofing nails are makin it go crazy. Just get a non-stop beepin.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found an old ladies of the evening house but roofing nails are makin it go crazy.
Is that a house for OLD "ladies of the evening"?? Like a retirement house?? :D

Floater, I'm glad your blind date with surfrat went well. You found some old coins.

By the way....could anyone tell me how to edit my replies? Sometimes...o.k. most the time...I say some really stupid things or make a mistake that I would like to correct. How do I fix my post?

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Well finally got to meet Float and his lovely wife. Seems like he really did a good job hunting out these 2 houses. Man, was there a lot of trash. Floater got 2 or 3 nickels and some pennies. I just got a couple pennies, and some trash. :-[

Float we need to hit the BEACH!

Anyway ya'll, we had a good time. Still haven't found my first gold ring! lol.

Thought I'd put my 2 cents in! LOL HH 8)

Attachments

• MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 123

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread