May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The crop has grown fast since yesterday :o So will not bother this field again for awhile. During our research I noticed the crop marks go into the next field, only today did I notice the entrance to the site is in this field as well. It has oil seed rape, so we will have to wait until after the plough to plot the rest of the site.

We managed 3 hours with Mum's grace ::) & Land-Magnet joined us for just over 1 hour.

17 Roman Bronze Coins - some interesting mints
Nice Roman Bronze Snake Head terminal to a Bracelet. I've had a few of these from different sites, so must have been popular & mass produced. :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 696
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 704
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 691
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 684
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 681
Upvote 0
What's the pully thing that you got one of yesterday :icon_scratch:

shaun7 said:
What's the pully thing that you got one of yesterday :icon_scratch:

modern pulley for :dontknow: matching pair now, so will offer back to the farmer as replacements

these lands will give you 1000 Roman coins more .... :icon_thumleft:

CONSTANTINVS said:
these lands will give you 1000 Roman coins more .... :icon_thumleft:

Not this site, its very poor & remote, far from the main roads. Although I know of 1 or 2 that might :wink:

Sir; You are the best . Incredable finds once again! :icon_thumright:

It sure must have been good times in Britian when the Romans were around as it seems they were free and easy with all that money they left behind.
I sure would like to find some Roman coins but my chances here in Colorado are not good.
Once again great finds Crusader.

Nice finds Cru :icon_thumleft:, and shaun stop talking about pulling things :laughing9:.

hammered

Another collection of nice finds. :icon_thumright:

I am always so awed by your posts I never know what to say ! Again I am speechless ! MaineRelic.

With the varied mintmarks do you think the place was heavily occupied or traveled through?

The roman coins are awesome....kane 23

hammered said:
Nice finds Cru :icon_thumleft:, and shaun stop talking about pulling things :laughing9:.

hammered

I don't know what you mean....I've got good eyesight :D

DMN said:
With the varied mintmarks do you think the place was heavily occupied or traveled through?

Its not unusual to get mints from places like Rome, France & Germany as no mint existed in the UK in the early period & only limited minting in London in the later period. So the vast majority of coins were shipped in by the Romans to pay the soldiers or exported goods. However, we had a couple of ones you don't get very often from the Eastern mints. Impossible to guess how they travelled to this remote farmstead (thats what I'm calling it, but we are only half done exploring this site).

No not heavily occupied, as it was off the beaten track.

super sweet as always. my suggestion is to methodicly sift all of Europe with a screen.

bob/ct

very nice thanks for showing all your stuff.

Nice Roman copper bud :icon_thumleft: :wink: Are these from the same fields that you use to hunt 3-4 years ago

after they've been re-plowed or are these from a different set of fields :icon_scratch: :wink: :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back