Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last day at "hunted out " park

Never have received a return call in spite of leaving my phone number two times. I hunted for the ring again this morning with my ACE 250, and had everything discriminated out but those things in the gold range. No luck but the area is just too big unless the lady can narrow it down some. Since she won't call me I can't waste anymore time on it. (For those who missed my initial post, Lady lost a diamond and gold ring supposidly appraised in excess of $15,00.00). All I am finding is some clad and not enough to keep me interested. So, on to bigger and better things. The City is demolishing 25 houses in an old part of town to make way for an improvement corridor.....includes sidewalk and street removal. I have inside info on it and the City has already bought 15 of the houses. I will get in touch with my contact this afternoon and see which ones I can detect on before they go down. Monty

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Re: Last day at "hunted out " park

8) Jim. You'll want to check out the properties before they tear 'em down if possible. Afterwards too much junk all over---copper pipe, alum. siding pieces, nails, and other demolition materials. As you know, most demo crews will demolish, dig a hole, then bury it on the property using adjacent dirt to cover it up. So there's always the possibility of bringing goodies up from the depth as well. Good luck and HH.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Yeah, don't waste anymore time on the ring - onto the construction project!
There is a group of homes the city of Cleveland bought up and will be demolishing shortly to make a mall. Earlier this summer we went by the houses and noticed that a lot were already vacant. So we thought sweet, detecting time. We did a few houses, found some clad, junk and some wheats. Then we drove around the corner and saw a big sign saying the place was under video survelience, no tresspassing etc. No more ignorance - rats. Well at least we didn't find silver or we might have pretended not to see the sign. ;)

Good luck.

Bob

M

mchamby

Sorry you weren't able to find the ring Jim but it sounds like you might be on to something good. It does help if you have friends in high places. Best of luck to you.
Mchamby

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My contact really isn't in high places. He is the Code Enforcement supervisor for a small town and schedules the demolitions after the property is bought by the city. If I go higher on the totem pole I run into small town politics that is vicious and if you ever lived in a small town you know what I mean! I keep forgetting to phone him. Too darn many senior moments lately! Monty

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe

I can imagine that ring will always be in the back of your mind.........but............good luck on those houses. I hope you hit pay dirt, keep us informed.... :)

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread