Latest Hunt $1,000 in Halves

hogan646

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up $1,000 in halves from my local bank and was pleased with the results.

First Box: One 1967

Second Box : One 1964 and One 1946

I would take these results any day!

Hunt 01-26.jpg

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hogan646 said:
Also, I have been finding halves that someone has been running a silver Sharpie around the edge. Funny how most if not all of them are 1971 coins. It is very annoying if when you are scanning the edges. Anyone seen something like this?

All the time but it really doesn't confuse me. The color just isn't right to fool me. The annoying thing for me is just the huge volume of marked coins which reflects the heavy hunting in my area.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
i heard something about the silver rimmed coins being part of an ebay or show scam a few years back from a guy at the gun show, i doubt ALL of them are but im sure some were part of it. They had those plastic wrapped coins with "visible silver"

There were a few members here that did the silver sharpie thing to discourage new people.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, I have been finding halves that someone has been running a silver Sharpie around the edge. Funny how most if not all of them are 1971 coins. It is very annoying if when you are scanning the edges. Anyone seen something like this?

I see them in almost every box; even fully silver painted '71's. no worries because the AG tends to follow!

OP
OP
H

hogan646

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BRChiver said:
I see them in almost every box; even fully silver painted '71's. no worries because the AG tends to follow!

I hope that is true! I have another two boxes coming this week.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL the silver sharpie bit cracks me up. Amazing how much time some bitter people will waste to discourage others. Just isn't worth the effort for me to mark coins to see if i get them back or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions