Lauderdale at the Sea--good place to hunt?

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a little of both. There have been stuffs recovered at Lauderdale by the Sea.
It's such a small beach area and you are close to a lot of S Fl beaches that have potential also.
Deerfield, Pompano, Ft. Laud, Dania, Hollywood, Hallandale, Surfside, Miami, S. Beach.
From the Palm beach county line to the keys...... you really can't lose anywhere here.

Wait, what am I saying? :icon_scratch:
No no no! It's terrible over here! Go to the WEST coast of Florida,
there's NO COMPETITION over there, nope, not any!
Go plunder their gold, they need someone to show them how to do it! :laughing7:

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a little of both. There have been stuffs recovered at Lauderdale by the Sea.
It's such a small beach area and you are close to a lot of S Fl beaches that have potential also.
Deerfield, Pompano, Ft. Laud, Dania, Hollywood, Hallandale, Surfside, Miami, S. Beach.
From the Palm beach county line to the keys...... you really can't lose anywhere here.

Wait, what am I saying? :icon_scratch:
No no no! It's terrible over here! Go to the WEST coast of Florida,
there's NO COMPETITION over there, nope, not any!
Go plunder their gold, they need someone to show them how to do it! :laughing7:
There's nothing over here on the west coast! That's why we always travel to the east coast to detect.

jackc

Jun 24, 2013
Pompano Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Tejon, Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No! there is absolutely nothing over here around lauderdale by the sea or pompano or any of these s.e. florida beach areas! :laughing7:

All joking aside... there are piers here that have most of the harder hit beaches right around them. Look for areas of beach that have public (with meters)
parking lots close by them. Those will have the most people coming and setting up towels. The long stretches of beach between these "pier areas"
do see some action, but not as much because they are mostly hotel guest who leave everything in their rooms and walk onto the beach. If you catch my drift...

OP
OP
T

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input. I will give it a try.

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go early in the morning and be finished before the crowd arrives. During mid day you can search canal banks, vacant lots, etc. back to the beach again early, like 5am.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions