crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone, Got out today for a few hours ,but I had to quit early because of the wind. Even though it wasn't too cold, 40, the wind made it feel colder and I couldn't hear my Ace 250 beeps. Going back out Sat and Sun and try to get the Lazy Mans Rest to give up some of it's hidden coins. Made off with a 1906 IH that is a little worn, but I'll take it. Also found 2 new shell casings I need help identifying. The first casing I found last week was from an 1860 Henry. Saw a picture of it on the internet. I thought I had found another, but when I cleaned it the marking were different. It has C. R. on top and on the bottom it says C-90. The smaller one says W.R.A. Co. 25.20 WCF . Found a few clad 70's pennies and that was it. I added a picture on the end that I am trying to get permission to hunt. Thanks for looking, Ron

022.jpg

014-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

016-3.jpg

007-2.jpg

015-3.jpg

014-2.jpg

012-3.jpg

010-4.jpg

009-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

Below is a place that I am trying to find the owner to detect

002-3.jpg

Upvote 0

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Great find, sorry cannot help with ID of cartridge.

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 741
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 741

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
The old coins/relics are there, Ron. You just have to find them....that's the fun part!

Good luck to you on the weekend!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

S

seger98

Ron, you have some nice finds there, I've never seen that type of shell casing but I'm sure someone on here will identify fast..

I always wear headphones while detecting, can hear all the signals that way & it helps keep the ears warm as well. I've also found that while detecting less people come up & ask questions while I have them on! :tongue3:

Chris

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
seger98 said:
Ron, you have some nice finds there, I've never seen that type of shell casing but I'm sure someone on here will identify fast..

I always wear headphones while detecting, can hear all the signals that way & it helps keep the ears warm as well. I've also found that while detecting less people come up & ask questions while I have them on! :tongue3:

Chris

Thanks seger. I posted it on, "What is it" too. Some members Identified my last cartridge of that from an 1860 Henry rifle

Jul 11, 2008
Neosho,Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac ,Tesoro cibola
Neat finds,keep up the good work.
yeah i got an old house close to me but the owner is in another state,and dont know the name.

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look like a good hunt Ron. I like the IHs and that is a sweet Muldon button - Was that : Car 54 were are you?

That new place to dig looks like a winner.

SKD

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
annie oakley aka little miss sure shot used to shoot a .25/20 wcf beyond that I can't help ya.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
daytondigger said:
Nice to see you dug something old on New Years. Did you dig that pinback with Fred Gwynne's ugly mug?

Who's fred Gwynne? You taliking about the badge? Yes, today in fact. I didn't even know who it was ::)

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Awesome digs Ron! That place is most definitely a "hot-bed" of digs just waitin' for you. love that "Muldoon" pin... :thumbsup:

Fred Gwynne - R.I.P. - aka: Herman Munster :wink:

Attachments

• car541.jpg
    car541.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 548
OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DD-777 said:
Awesome digs Ron! That place is most definitely a "hot-bed" of digs just waitin' for you. love that "Muldoon" pin... :thumbsup:

Fred Gwynne - R.I.P. - aka: Herman Munster :wink:

Ahh yes, I know herman :D So how old is that pin??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread