Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen: The idea that evil spirits could only travel in straight lines is universal. While in old China I noticed that most Chinese homes always had a screen in the entrance. The evil spirits were supposedly to simply be bounced or reflected back out.

In Peking, from the main gate, the street is very broad, straight, and leads to the middle square, where the famous '9 Dragon screen' protects the city by reflecting the evil spirits back out of the gate..

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
JackH

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Central Pennsylvania, ex SoCal
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
many answers can be found here........

including those we have not asked yet........

Franciscan missions to the Maya

The Franciscan Missions to the Maya were the attempts of the Franciscans to Christianize the indigenous peoples of the New World, specifically the Maya. They began to take place soon after the discovery of the New World made by Christopher Columbus in 1492, which opened the door for Catholic missions. As early as 1519 there are records of Franciscan activity in the Americas, and throughout the early 16th century the mission movement spreads from the original contact point in the Caribbean to include Mexico, Chttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_colonization_of_the_Americasentral America, parts of South America, and the Southwestern United States.[SUP] (Franciscan missions to the Maya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)[/SUP]
[SUP]

Spanish colonization of the Americas

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
"Conquista" redirects here. For other uses, see Conquista (disambiguation).

Iberian territory of Crown of Castile. .
Overseas north -septentrion- territory of Crown of Castile (New Spain and Philippines)
Overseas south -meridional- territory of Crown of Castile (Perú, New Granada and Río de la Plata)

Colonial expansion under the crown of Castile was initiated by the Spanish conquistadores and developed by the Monarchy of Spain through its administrators and missionaries. The motivations for colonial expansion were trade and the spread of the Christian faith through indigenous conversions. It lasted for over four hundred years, from 1492 to 1898.
Beginning with the 1492 arrival of Christopher Columbus, over nearly four centuries the Spanish Empire would expand across: most of present day Central America, the Caribbean islands, and Mexico; much of the rest of North America including the Southwestern, Southern coastal, and California Pacific Coast regions of the United States; and though inactive, with claimed territory in present day British Columbia Canada; and U.S. states of Alaska, Washington, and Oregon; and the western half of South America.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] In the early 19th century the revolutionary movements resulted in the independence of most Spanish colonies in America, except for Cuba and Puerto Rico, given up in 1898 following the Spanish-American War, together with Guam and the Philippines in the Pacific. Spain's loss of these last territories politically ended Spanish colonization in America.

[/SUP]

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jack

Now we are very far from the LDM . The atmosphere is fogginess and we lost the way .

Marius

OP
OP
JackH

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Exercising my 2nd Amendment Rights..........

Hi Jack

Now we are very far from the LDM . The atmosphere is fogginess and we lost the way .

Marius

Hello Marius,

I have had another area of immediate interest.

A few months ago I found a nice sterling bowl in a thrift shop near by and paid @ $5.
I found that it was made in Mexico City, Mexico @ 1947-50. There were a few on ebay
that were held with reserve and could not get past $150 range, even though they were
worth more than double that in junk silver. Silver has leveled off in value.

Lately the current administration has been chipping away at our 2nd Amendment Rights.
The Right to Bare Arms as a Citizen of the United States. As well as a few other area's
of concern.

I walked into a fancy jewelry store in town who had advertised buying estate silver etc..
They sent out an appraiser who took it back to weigh, and came back with an offer that
was more than double what ebay was getting.

I took that money and added a few more and picked up a very nice weapon of my choice.

The Facts are: Most all weapon retailers are near empty on specialized weapons as well
as ammunition. Arms manufactures are now working extended hours to make up for the
demand. Rifle barrel steel is not available for certain weapons. That means the cost of
manufacturing will increase to the buyer as well. Ammunition in .22 cal is nearly or is not
available in bulk packaging where the cost per round avg. $0.045. A proposed tax of $5.00
per round is suggested for some ammo by Stupid people. Anyone who owns weapons
will have a .22 laying around somewhere. It has been said: "In a time of economic crisis, .22
ammo may have a more secure effect than junk silver as a bartering tool." I walked into a
sporting goods store where at the counter a man was purchasing bulk .22 rounds in three
525 round boxes, essentially 1,575 rounds. I later talked with the salesman who said he
had sold 30 of those boxes in @ 90 minutes. Essentially 15,750 rounds. I had witnessed
the (last 3 boxes) sold, and the store has not been able to replace them in well over a week.
Additionally, a counter person had mentioned that the store was limiting 6 boxes of ammo
per person. One purchaser had picked up that limit in six 2,000 round packages. Essentially
12,000 rounds. The limit is now three boxes of what ever is left on the shelf. That store is
a large national retail chain, not from Arkansas.

I will be posting (here) information on the Spanish Trail soon.

Jack

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi jack

I have a semi - automatic Luigi Franchi Prestige cal 12 , and sometimes I go to hunting mountain grouses

Marius

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jack

How long time ago , you believe , had started the exploitation of LDM ?
I believe more before Coronado .

Marius

OP
OP
JackH

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hi Jack

How long time ago , you believe , had started the exploitation of LDM ?
I believe more before Coronado .

Marius

Hello Marius,

Maybe (Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Quote: Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca (Jerez de la Frontera, c. 1488/1490 – Seville, c. 1557/1558) was a Spanish explorer of the New World, one of four survivors of the 1527 Narváez expedition. During eight years of traveling across the Southwest, he became a slave, trader and shaman to various Native American tribes before reconnecting with Spanish colonial forces in Mexico in 1536. After returning to Spain in 1537, he wrote an account, first published in 1542 as La Relación ("The Relation", or in more modern terms "The Account"[SUP][1][/SUP]), which in later editions was retitled Naufragios ("Shipwrecks"). Cabeza de Vaca has been considered notable as a proto-anthropologist for his detailed accounts of the many tribes of American Indians that he encountered.

Quote: In early 1527, Cabeza de Vaca departed Spain as member of a royal Spanish expedition to colonize the mainland of the Gulf coast of the land the Spanish called La Florida, present-day Florida. As treasurer, he was one of the chief officers on the Narváez expedition.[SUP][3][/SUP] Within several months of their landing near present-day Tampa Bay, Florida on April 15, 1528, he and three other men alone survived the expedition party of 600 men.[SUP][4][/SUP]As the navigators were uncertain of their location when they landed, Cabeza de Vaca thought it prudent to keep the land and sea forces together. Narváez and the other officers, excited by rumors of gold, overruled him and started off on a march through Florida, promptly getting lost. After several months of fighting native inhabitants through wilderness and swamp, the party reached Apalachee Bay with 242 men. They believed they were near other Spaniards in Mexico, but 1500 miles of coast lay between them. Although starving, wounded, sick, and lost in swampy terrain, the men devised a plan to escape by water.

OP
OP
JackH

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
THE OLD SPANISH TRAIL...in pursuit of Peralta's Trail through California

As many of the staunch readers of my posts know, I believe General Peralta
based on the information that He minted coins where he found the Gold, was
destined for the coffers of the King of Spain. My belief that the only reason
this could be possible, is he sent the Gold to the California coast, where a
Spanish Galleon was waiting. It makes sence that if coins were minted, it
was far closer to the West Coast, than to the Gulf of Mexico. This Galleon
sailed directly to Asia, as the Gold was currency as delivered, for exchange
on the Voyage.

I HAVE FOUND A TREASURE OF INFORMATION.

My journey away from the TN site has offered many personal rewards.

In pursuit of Peralta's Trail it has come to my attention that I have stood in
the very spot that his pack-train crossed over. It is on the 'El Camino Real'
(California) 'The Kings Highway' on the banks of the 'Rio Hondo' river in my
hometown of Montebello, (totally unexpected).
(El Camino Real (California) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

The greatest Reward is I believe I have found the original San Gabriel Mission
'Mision La Vieja' which has been lost since a new road cut off the link where
the Landmark now stands.

(Mission San Gabriel Arcángel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
History

Mission San Gabriel was founded on September 8, 1771 by fathers Pedro Cambon and Angel Somera. The planned site for the Mission was along the banks of the Río de los Temblores (the River of the Earthquakes—the Santa Ana River). The priests chose an alternate site on a fertile plain located directly alongside the Rio Hondo in the Whittier Narrows.[SUP][11][/SUP] The site of the Misión Vieja (or "Old Mission") is located near the intersection of San Gabriel Boulevard and Lincoln Avenue in Montebello, California (known to the natives as Shevaanga). In 1776, a flash flood destroyed much of the crops and ruined the Mission complex, which was subsequently relocated five miles closer to the mountains in present-day San Gabriel (the native settlement of 'Iisanchanga). The Mission is the base from which the pueblo that became the city of Los Angeles, California was sent. On December 9, 1812 (the "Feast Day of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin"), a series of massive earthquakes shook Southern California. The 1812 Wrightwood earthquake caused the three-bell campanario, located adjacent to the chapel's east façade, to collapse. A larger, six-bell structure was subsequently constructed at the far end of the capilla. While no pictorial record exists to document what the original structure looked like, architectural historian Rexford Newcomb deduced the design and published a depiction in his 1916 work The Franciscan Mission Architecture of Alta California.

I have also notified the Montebello Historical Society of this Find, and will
post that information with all the sources/references.

There is a lot of information, images and sources to post. This will be the
first (1) notice of many facts to bring to you, all with site references. And
it has come to my attention that this needs it's own thread.

Thank You All for being there, I am excited to bring the information forward.

Jack

Attachments

• 250px-1920_Alta_California_mission_trail.jpg
    250px-1920_Alta_California_mission_trail.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Old Spanish Trail Map_thumb[4].jpg
    Old Spanish Trail Map_thumb[4].jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 459
  • 800px-Ferdinand_Deppe_1794-1861.jpg
    800px-Ferdinand_Deppe_1794-1861.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jack

The old spanish trail is 240 miles north of Superstition . You believe how is possible a connection with this trail and Peralta's gold wealth ?
And if yes , how ?

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi jack are you looking for peralta? The san gabriel mission was washed away in a flashflood.there is a sign with a plaque a block away from the end of the street going south on san gabriel blvd.the franciscans built a new large mission and some of the indians are buried in the walls of the mission.
Miramar I left you a response on pictures you took on the regular site. Where do you live and what treasure are you looking for.?

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going for a dig in march.maybe one day will meet.
Good luck
Tom

OP
OP
JackH

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
The Old Spanish Trail... in pursuit of Peralta's Trail through California

Gentlemen, Ladies,
(You will notice different typesets throughout this process of (copy/pasting). I can only perceive that the information entered into (Wikipedia) was such, and the controls within aligned the text. I have no control over these changes). That being said......

(First of a series of installments/posts)
The Spanish had it all figured out, I had to put the pieces together.

(The Colorado River connection):
(History of Los Angeles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Prehistory

The land occupied and used by the Gabrielinos covered about four thousand square miles. It included the enormous floodplain drained by the Los Angeles and San Gabriel rivers and the southern Channel Islands, including the Santa Barbara, San Clemente, Santa Catalina, and San Nicholas Islands. They were part of a sophisticated group of trading partners that included the Chumash to the north, the Cahuilla and Mojave to the east, and the Juaneños and Luiseños to the south. (Their trade extended to the Colorado River and included slavery.)[SUP][3]
[/SUP]
History

[SUP]The Spanish expedition of Alta California (Asia connection)

Los Angeles had its beginnings between 1765 and 1771 in the plans of a royal bureaucrat visiting New Spain, General José de Gálvez. He was in charge of implementing Bourbon administrative reforms. His reorganization included plans for the further exploration of Alta California and the settlement of a whole line of missions and presidios ("military forts"). The military forts were not self-sustaining, and the missions would supply them with goods and food.
Galvez petitioned the king to approve these plans with these arguments: 1. It would provide new revenues for the Vice Royalty governing New Spain. 2. It would protect the Spanish Empire in North America, especially from the encroaching Russians. (3. It would provide a base for increasing trade with Asia.) The plans also had the support of the Franciscans who wanted to open new missions in Alta California.

A point I would like to make here. China was the most advanced civilization on the Globe. They had the first working articulated clock hundreds of years before Europe. They were casting metal thousands of years before the Western World. They invented gun powder, etc. etc. etc.

The Chinese needed little or nothing from any other civilization, as they were the leader of sophisticated inventions at that time.

Gold was basically the Universal tool of trade that China would want. And Spain wanted their Silks & Spices, among other things.

[/SUP](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Strip) Why a more direct southern route was not taken.
The Arizona Strip is the part of the U.S. state of Arizona lying north of the Colorado River. The difficulty of crossing the Grand Canyon causes this region to have more physical and cultural connections with southern Utah and Nevada than with the rest of Arizona.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JackH

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
in pursuit of Peralta's Trail through California

Old Spanish Trail (trade route) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old Spanish Trail (trade route)

A route linking New Mexico to California, combining information from many explorers, was opened in 1829-30 when Santa Fe merchant Antonio Armijo led a trade party of 60 men and 100 mules to California. Using a short cut discovered by Rafael Rivera the previous year, the Armijo party was able to stitch together a route that connected the routes of the Rivera and Domínguez-Escalante Expeditions and the Jedediah Smith explorations with the approaches to San Gabriel Mission through the Mojave along the Mojave River. After this date, the route began to be used by traders for usually a single annual round trip.

Word spread about the successful trade expedition and some commerce began between Santa Fe and Los Angeles. This commerce usually consisted of one mule-laden pack train from Santa Fe with 20 to 200 members, with roughly twice as many mules, bringing New Mexico goods hand-woven by Indians, such as serapes and blankets, to California. California had many horses and mules, many growing wild, with no local market, which were readily traded for hand-woven Indian products. Usually two blankets were traded for one horse, more blankets were usually required for a mule. California had almost no wool processing industry and few weavers, so woven products were a welcome commodity. The trading party usually left New Mexico in early November to take advantage of winter rains to cross the deserts on the trail and would arrive in California in early February. The return party would usually leave California for New Mexico in early April to get over the trail before the water holes dried up and the melting snow raised the rivers too high. The return party often consisted of several hundred to a few thousand horses and mules. Low-scale emigration from New Mexico to California used parts of the trail in the late 1830s when the trapping trade began to die. The trail was also used for illicit purposes, namely to raid the California ranchos for horses and for an extensive Indian slave trade. These horse raids were made by Mexicans, ex-trappers and Indian tribes who together stole hundreds to thousands of horses in one raid. Native Americans, usually women and children, were captured and sold to Mexican ranchers, etc., in both California and New Mexico for domestic servants. Mexican traders and Indian raiding parties both participated in this slave trade. The consequences of this human trafficking had a long-standing effect for those who lived along the trail, even after the trail was no longer in use. Intermittent Indian warfare along the trail often resulted from these slave raids by unscrupulous traders and raiding Indians.
John C. Frémont, "The Great Pathfinder," took the route, guided by Kit Carson, in 1844 and named it in his reports written up in about 1848. New Mexico-California trade continued until the mid-1850s, when a shift to the use of freight wagons and the development of wagon trails made the old pack trail route obsolete. By 1846 both New Mexico and California had become U.S. territories as a result of the Mexican-American War of 1846-1848, and after 1848 large numbers of Mormon immigrants were settling in Utah, Nevada and California all along the trail, affecting both trade interests and tolerance for the slavery of American Natives.
Place names used in this article refer to present-day states and communities. Few (if any) settlements existed along the trail before 1850, although many of the geologic features along the Trail retain their Spanish designation.

Description of Trail Route

The route of the Old Spanish Trail in southeastern Utah

Sevier River drainage basin

Virgin River drainage basin

Map of the Mojave River drainage basin

The central route of the Old Spanish Trail, which had to swing north to avoid the impassable Grand and Glen Canyons on the Colorado River, ran northwest from Santa Fe through southwestern Colorado, past the San Juan Mountains, Mancos, and Dove Creek, entering Utah near present day Monticello, Utah. The trail then proceeded north through difficult terrain to Spanish Valley near today's Moab, Utah, where a ferry crossed the deep and wide Colorado River and then turned northwest to a ferry crossing on the similarly sized and dangerous Green River near present day Green River, Utah. The route then passed through (or around) the San Rafael Swell, the northernmost reach of the Trail. Entering the Great Basin in Utah via Salina Canyon, the trail turned southwest following the Sevier River, Santa Clara River and Virgin River before ascending the Mormon Plateau and hitting the Muddy River in present-day Nevada. From there, it was a 55 miles (89 km) waterless trip crossing southern Nevada to the springs at Las Vegas, Nevada. From Las Vegas, the trail went across the Mojave desert from Mountain, Resting, Salt and Bitter springs (which were sometimes dry), each about a day's travel apart across the Mojave Desert until it reached the only intermittently dependable Mojave River. The river was followed to a point near Cajon Pass over the San Bernardino Mountains. If parts of the Mojave River were dry, travelers could sometimes find water by digging in the old river bed. Descending Cajon Pass to reach the coastal plains, the trail turned west along the foot of the San Gabriel Mountains to where the Mission San Gabriel Arcángel and El Pueblo de Los Ángeles in California were located. In all, the route involved several dry sections with limited grass and sometimes limited water, crossed two deserts, and was often littered with the bones of horses that had died of thirst.[SUP][5][/SUP] The route could only be used semi-reliably in winter when winter rains or snows deposited water in the desert. In summer, there was often no water and the oppressive heat could kill. A single round trip per year was about all that was feasible. Later parts of the trail were used for winter access to California when other trails were closed by snow. Alternate routes for this journey existed through central Colorado and through the Arizona Strip.

OP
OP
JackH

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
in pursuit of Peralta's Trail through California

Before I was 10 years old, I lived in Colton which had this
wonderful view of Cajon Pass. My older cousins would
tell me about the Mexican pack trains laden with Gold
that passed through there.

The highway skirting the San Gabriel Mountains leading
to Monrovia are most likely the same paths taken by
the Spanish.

The headwaters of the Rio Hondo came out of the San
Gabriel's there. Eventually Rancho Santa Anita would be
built as one of the first. (Rancho Santa Anita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Rancho Santa Anita was a 13,319-acre (53.90 km[SUP]2[/SUP]) land grant in present day Los Angeles County, California given to Perfecto Hugo Reid. The land grant was formally recognized by Governor Pio Pico in 1845.[SUP][1][/SUP] The land grant covered all or portions of the present day cities of Arcadia, Monrovia, Sierra Madre, Pasadena and San Marino.[SUP][2][/SUP]

History

Reid was a Scot who became a Mexican citizen, thus being eligible to own Mexican land. To comply with Mexican law for the land grant, he built an adobe house and lived here with his wife, Victoria.[SUP][5][/SUP] In 1847, Reid sold Rancho Santa Anita to his Rancho Azusa neighbor, Henry Dalton.
With the cession of California to the United States following the Mexican-American War, the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo provided that the land grants would be honored. As required by the Land Act of 1851, a claim was filed with the Public Land Commission in 1852,[SUP][6][/SUP] and the grant was patented to Henry Dalton in 1866.[SUP][7][/SUP]
Joseph Andrew Rowe lived in the rancho for several years after purchasing it in 1854.[SUP][8][/SUP] In 1858, Albert Dibblee (1816-1895) and William Corbett bought the rancho and who held it until 1864. The land then passed to the Wolfskills who sold it in 1872 to Los Angeles merchant Harris Newmark. In 1875, Newmark sold Rancho Santa Anita to Elias Jackson (“Lucky”) Baldwin

Harris Newmark built my hometown of Montebello. You can follow his success through the link above.

(Rio Hondo (California) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
The Rio Hondo (Spanish translation: "Deep River") is a tributary of the Los Angeles River in Los Angeles County, California, approximately 16.4 miles (26.4 km) long.[SUP][2][/SUP] As a named river, it begins in Irwindale and flows southwest to its confluence in South Gate, passing through several cities (though not the city of Los Angeles). Above Irwindale its main stem is known as Santa Anita Creek, which extends another 10 miles (16 km) northwards into the San Gabriel Mountains where the source, or headwaters, of the river are found.

The river passes through the location of the Battle of Rio San Gabriel, fought on January 8, 1847, and which resulted in a U.S. victory. Although the battle was actually fought on west bank of the present-day Rio Hondo near where it is crossed by Washington Blvd, Montebello, CA.

Essentially, the Battle of Rio San Gabriel was the turning point between Mexico's land holdings (elements of New Spain) and the Interests of the United States. I am Honored to say the US Marine Corps was there.

(Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Cover of the exchange copy of the treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.

The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo (Tratado de Guadalupe Hidalgo in Spanish), officially Treaty of Peace, Friendship, Limits and Settlement between the United States of America and the Mexican Republic,[SUP][1][/SUP] is the peace treaty between the U.S. and Mexico that ended the Mexican–American War (1846–48). With the defeat of its army and the fall of the capital, Mexico entered into negotiations to end the war. The treaty called for the United States to pay $15 million to Mexico and pay off the claims of American citizens against Mexico up to $3.25 million. It gave the United States the Rio Grande boundary for Texas, and gave the U.S. ownership of California, and a large area comprising New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and parts of Wyoming and Colorado. Mexicans in those annexed areas had the choice of returning to Mexico or becoming U.S. citizens with full rights. The U.S. Senate ratified the treaty by a vote of 38-14, against

Attachments

• Cajon Pass---Colton.jpg
    Cajon Pass---Colton.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Cajon Pass---Monrovia.jpg
    Cajon Pass---Monrovia.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 171
OP
OP
JackH

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
in pursuit of Peralta's Trail through California......

Now that I have invaded your privacy by forcing a History Lesson upon
you all, we can now get to the point of the Trail delivering the Gold to a
Spanish Galleon.

The Peralta's Mexican pack train skirted the San Gabriel Mountains to the
mountain spring now known as the Rio Hondo, that is close to where the
Mission San Gabriel is located. The earlier Mission 'Mision La Vieja' was also
along the Rio Hondo but @ 5 miles closer to the coast.

Considering all the hardships to get to the San Gabriel Mission (Arcangel)
from the Colorado River, the road to the Coast laid before them following
the Rio Hondo or the Santa Ana which runs parallel nearby, straight to the
ocean. I would think they would stay close to the Rio Hondo for the return
trip to party in Pueblo de Los Angeles.

Treaty of Cahuenga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Treaty of Cahuenga, also called the "Capitulation of Cahuenga," ended the fighting of the Mexican-American War in Alta California in 1847. It was not a formal treaty between nations but an informal agreement between rival military forces in which the Californios gave up fighting. The treaty was drafted in English and Spanish by José Antonio Carrillo, approved by American Lieutenant-Colonel John C. Frémont and Mexican Governor Andrés Pico on January 13, 1847 at Campo de Cahuenga in what is now North Hollywood, Los Angeles, California.

This might explain why some deliveries were postponed through the years.

Attachments

• coast- Vieja- SGM.jpg
    coast- Vieja- SGM.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 142
OP
OP
JackH

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hi jack are you looking for peralta? The san gabriel mission was washed away in a flashflood.there is a sign with a plaque a block away from the end of the street going south on san gabriel blvd.the franciscans built a new large mission and some of the indians are buried in the walls of the mission.
Miramar I left you a response on pictures you took on the regular site. Where do you live and what treasure are you looking for.?

Thank You Tom,

But is Not that easy. My next post will explain why. It has taken 6 hours just to get to this point today.
Jack

OP
OP
JackH

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hi Jack

The old spanish trail is 240 miles north of Superstition . You believe how is possible a connection with this trail and Peralta's gold wealth ?
And if yes , how ?

my answer Marius,
(Arizona Strip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
The Arizona Strip is the part of the U.S. state of Arizona lying north of the Colorado River. The difficulty of crossing the Grand Canyon causes this region to have more physical and cultural connections with southern Utah and Nevada than with the rest of Arizona.

After reading the extreme hardships on the Old Spanish Trail, I now have rethought that
Peralta would never have had a maximum sized pack-train, and his animals would have
carried maybe only 100-150 pounds of Gold each. To carelessly not expect loss of working
animal life would put burden on the other animals, and eventually not successfully making
the Trip at all.

Jack

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack

I believe how was more easy for the Peraltas to transfer their gold via Gila Trail to San Diego

Gila Trail.jpg

Marius

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread