UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its funny, isn't it, that when others swing off topic, not a whisper is said. But as soon as I point out what they were diverting to was very questionable AND off topic, people come at me with attitude....

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
The site is in the Superstitions. No indication of foul play in the spot. The is no shortage of naked women in the area. Not far from there I ran into 2 women. One was naked and the other photographing her. A trip up the salt river will open your eyes.

No indication of foul play? Wow.
I am simply at a loss for words.
It's your thread Frank.
Do with it as you will.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The site is in the Superstitions. No indication of foul play in the spot. The is no shortage of naked women in the area. Not far from there I ran into 2 women. One was naked and the other photographing her. A trip up the salt river will open your eyes.

Forget the maps.. this lead is more important to follow up on!

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Not to change the subject
Tom K and I went for a drive yesterday near the Marble Mine. Back on a dead end trail we found this
View attachment 1165792 View attachment 1165793
A ladies underwear tree. A lot of underwear. This may be the site of the Holy Stones Cult sex ritual

Or the Work of Mary the Cross Dresser that she left a trail for you Sarg!

Wrmickel1

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
There's only one way Oroblanco could know they had been washed, hmmm.:icon_scratch:

HAY now amigo we should never ask questions we don't want to know the answers to! Algunas cosas es major dejarlas como misterios. :tongue3: :occasion14:

Now on the legend of the stone maps - does anyone have a photo or drawing of that fifth stone? The Dillmans found another stone (carved) which they thought was the key stone to the Peralta stones, and this led them to a site in Utah, but it seems pretty certain that is not the stone mentioned. Also what about the cloth copy? According to the <correction, had Ruth-McGee which is wrong> Grace Mitchell - Bernice McGee letter, it was a "perfect duplicate". Was it a copy of the Peralta stones, or were they a copy of the cloth maps?

Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAY now amigo we should never ask questions we don't want to know the answers to! Algunas cosas es major dejarlas como misterios. :tongue3: :occasion14:

Now on the legend of the stone maps - does anyone have a photo or drawing of that fifth stone? The Dillmans found another stone (carved) which they thought was the key stone to the Peralta stones, and this led them to a site in Utah, but it seems pretty certain that is not the stone mentioned. Also what about the cloth copy? According to the Ruth McGee letter, it was a "perfect duplicate". Was it a copy of the Peralta stones, or were they a copy of the cloth maps?

Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Roy:

It was Grace Mitchell, in a letter to Bernice McGee in 1965, who said she and her husband Clarence had been shown the "perfect replicas" .... "on a white cloth about the size of a pillow case"....by "Jack" aka Travis Tumlinson.

from Gary Cundiff's website:

View attachment Mitchell toMcGee 6-22-65-replicas on white cloth.bmp

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This was a cloth "Rubbing" of the stone maps nothing more.
So why would he need to make replica's of forged maps?

And where is the fifth stone map?

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were they Indian Maidens?

Jim Morrison always ran into Naked Indians in those mountains!

PM me the pictures I want those for my "Superstition Library Collection of Historical Female Images".

Please don't include those used panties or XXX magazine's.

We already have enough in our collection.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Roy:

It was Grace Mitchell, in a letter to Bernice McGee in 1965, who said she and her husband Clarence had been shown the "perfect replicas" .... "on a white cloth about the size of a pillow case"....by "Jack" aka Travis Tumlinson.

from Gary Cundiff's website:

View attachment 1166764

Thanks Wayne - was writing from memory which is unfortunately not quite perfect, had just been re-reading the Ruth and McGee letters recently. I will go and correct that post.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

This was a cloth "Rubbing" of the stone maps nothing more.
So why would he need to make replica's of forged maps?

And where is the fifth stone map?

Are you sure it was a rubbing, and not a painted or drawn copy? How can we be sure the cloth was done as a copy of the stone version, and not vice-versa? What happened to the cloth version, or does anyone know where it is today? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill and Roy:

Unfortunately we don't have the preceding letter from Bernice to Grace Mitchell, but it seems clear to me that Grace is responding to questions that Bernice McGee had asked re: the Stone Maps. We have argued this point before, but to my own comprehension Grace is saying that she and Clarence (aka Mitch...aka Travis Marlow) had been shown a "replica" of the stone maps...ON....a white cloth of about 20" x 26"....BY....Travis Tumlinson (aka Jack). She stresses, by repeating the word "perfect" in conjunction with "replica" that in her opinion whoever made these copies could "only do that with the maps themselves".
Now, I just measured a pillowcase here at home which has been laundered many times, and it is 19" x 25", so that's pretty close to standard twin or double bed size, large enough to act as a soft surface on which to place both stones.

My understanding of all of this is that what she is describing is a duplicated set of the "Trail Map Stones", which were displayed UPON such a white cloth, rather than a drawing or painting of same. Others may consider two dimensional representations of three dimensional objects to be perfect replicas, but I do not.

Regards:SH.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warning, keep politics OUT of thread please.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you....👍

Billy Sastard

Tenderfoot
May 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Dave doesn't take you up on that, I'm next!
I'm 6'3", Pisces and have a face for radio.
One condition, Hal: No thread-crapping during our date.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
If Dave doesn't take you up on that, I'm next!
I'm 6'3", Pisces and have a face for radio.
One condition, Hal: No thread-crapping during our date.

I am 4'8.5", 237 pounds, have nappy hairy feet like a hobbit, and chronic irritable bowl syndrome. But I can cook like no tomorrow if you like southern comfort foods, and keep house like no one else.

I can't imagine what thread-crapping is. Is it legal in the lower 48?

Welcome to TNet Billy Sastard!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread