Legend of the Stone Maps

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Mitchell was the mysterious man in the story but its the author that I am writing about. Today, still one of the most influential people in publishing.
Honestly, one of the most generous people that I have encountered in all this.

Travis Marlowe, a.k.a. Clarence Mitchell was the author of that '64 Life magazine article.

He only wrote the article to attract more investors for MOEL, inc. and ended up attracting unwelcome attention from the SEC, which started the journey of how the Stone Maps came to end up at the Superstition Mountain Museum.

I would hesitate to characterize him as a "top-shelf" author.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
markmar, cactusjumper,

Since you both feel that the stone maps represent (among other things) specific topography, does the difference in the inscribed "formula" (for lack of a better word) change anything in your translations? Thanks!

View attachment 1164598

Yes, very much so Hal, the circles/"mine or tunnel" the other is a sun symbol.

Wrmickel1

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Mitchell obviously may have contributed to it, but he was not the author.
I sent you a PM.

Hal,

Technically no, but in that the named author, Richard Stolley (who BTW, is the founding editor of PEOPLE magazine) is better known as an editor, and THE editor who obtained the Zapruder footage, and that he, as far as I know, never wrote another article similar to, or related to these maps or to TH in general, and especially considering the timeline of MOEL's prosecution by the SEC in relation to this article, I am firmly of the opinion that this was from beginning to end, Mitchell's creation, and one that was tailored to attract investors ("nearly broke", "a helicopter will be needed, and a few young men...").

Of course, I could well be mistaken, but until I am convinced otherwise, I feel that Stolley didn't really have much to do with that article other than put his name on it as a favor to Mitchell.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Travis Marlowe, a.k.a. Clarence Mitchell was the author of that '64 Life magazine article.

He only wrote the article to attract more investors for MOEL, inc. and ended up attracting unwelcome attention from the SEC, which started the journey of how the Stone Maps came to end up at the Superstition Mountain Museum.

I would hesitate to characterize him as a "top-shelf" author.

Deducer

Yeah but if someone found it today I'll bet those so called crying investors would be in line with there lawyers trying to claim there share with no regard to the top notch author that they all claimed swindled them. The point is if I funded you and you made attempts to find it I'd say good enough fair is fair it was an investment that didn't turn out. And not cry about it.

Mitchell didn't do anything wrong in my eye's

Wrmickel1

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Deducer,
I will say that you made several assumptions in this post that are incorrect. The author was far more involved in the search for the DLM than we understand. Unfortunately, we can't ask Mitchell (or Peck for that matter) to confirm this however, the author is still with us. I am 100% confident that the article is his work.

If you are able to present clear proof to that effect, I am more than happy to reverse my position on who the real author of that article is.

I want to be careful to point out that I am not accusing Stolley of any wrongdoing or straightforward deception- only that this article is just too big of a departure from his resume for him not to have had some kind of understanding with Mitchell. Additionally, I have not found any other instance of Stolley writing about or being interested in the Stone Maps or any other form of TH'ing, even tangentially.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TO ALL. HAVE SOME:coffee2:
Treasure stories have always fascinated people through out the years,They have brought out the best and the worst in people.
Between the 1850's and the 1950's there was a trend,this is the time when Treasure stories and legends were born.
There's no better way to get some ones adrenaline running than telling a good treasure story.
There's an old saying that at first you don't succeed try,try again.
First they were Lead, next they were Stone. whats the chances of two Treasure Stories containing writings and Images appearing in
the same state, under almost Identical situations when found,only a few years apart. The lettering and Images are almost Identical.
Before I continue, please take time to study the two stories and objects, of the Tucson artifacts and the stone tablets. this may
answer a lot of questions concerning them. thank you .NP:cat:
:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2: Good morning to all.:laughing9:
Have you ever considered that the stone tablets when found were a group of maps to lead some one to the location of the lead artifacts.
they do not have any indicators pointing to treasure,gold or silver or anything at all. whats the purpose then.
or,when the lead artifacts were found,were they maps to lead some one to find the stone tablets. out of the two,the lead artifacts are the only ones
to actually tell a story. something to consider.have some :coffee2::dontknow: NP:cat:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The metallurgy tests on the lead objects were found to contain 2-3% antimony, which exactly matches the ratio used in lead car batteries, but did not match naturally occurring lead deposits to be found in the area. Sure sounds suspicious to me...

A cactusjumper quote from another thread:

"A couple of years ago Dr. Ken Domanik in the Lunar and Planetary Sciences Laboratory did chemical analysis (by electron microprobe) of several slivers cut from these artifacts, and passed the analyses on to me for comment. All of them are led with a few percent antimony. The proportions correspond well to the composition of the lead plates in lead-acid automobile batteries in the 1920's. Antimony was added to the lead to prevent "creep' - the tendency of pure lead to deform under its own weight. Since most lead deposits do not contain significant amounts of antimony minerals, this was clearly a deliberate addition. My conclusion is that the lead in these artifacts came from recycled automobile batteries."

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/lost-dutchman-s-mine/421534-ldm-oz-calalus-3.html

Its curious why we are discussing these objects and calalus in a thread about the peralta stones...

Last edited:
OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Not to change the subject
Tom K and I went for a drive yesterday near the Marble Mine. Back on a dead end trail we found this
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432481072.858007.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432481089.355528.jpg
A ladies underwear tree. A lot of underwear. This may be the site of the Holy Stones Cult sex ritual

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Not to change the subject
Tom K and I went for a drive yesterday near the Marble Mine. Back on a dead end trail we found this
View attachment 1165792 View attachment 1165793
A ladies underwear tree. A lot of underwear. This may be the site of the Holy Stones Cult sex ritual

Seven pairs, seven days in a week = someone washed their laundry and hung to dry. Ladies underwear does not always mean it was worn by ladies. :tongue3:

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
All different sizes and time periods Roy. Are you telling me you have camped here. There was also a old xxx magazine under the tree.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
All different sizes and time periods Roy. Are you telling me you have camped here. There was also a old xxx magazine under the tree.

How could it have been me, when I just told you they had WASHED their underwear? :tongue3: Who would waste water like that in a desert? How do you know if I even wear underwear? :laughing7:

On a more serious note - I could not tell they are different sizes from a photo, which with the XXX mag points to some perv's 'trophy' tree. This proves that you never know what you will find when you go looking.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The metallurgy tests on the lead objects were found to contain 2-3% antimony, which exactly matches the ratio used in lead car batteries, but did not match naturally occurring lead deposits to be found in the area. Sure sounds suspicious to me...

A cactusjumper quote from another thread:

"A couple of years ago Dr. Ken Domanik in the Lunar and Planetary Sciences Laboratory did chemical analysis (by electron microprobe) of several slivers cut from these artifacts, and passed the analyses on to me for comment. All of them are led with a few percent antimony. The proportions correspond well to the composition of the lead plates in lead-acid automobile batteries in the 1920's. Antimony was added to the lead to prevent "creep' - the tendency of pure lead to deform under its own weight. Since most lead deposits do not contain significant amounts of antimony minerals, this was clearly a deliberate addition. My conclusion is that the lead in these artifacts came from recycled automobile batteries."

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/lost-dutchman-s-mine/421534-ldm-oz-calalus-3.html

Its curious why were are discussing these objects and calalus in a thread about the peralta stones...
have some:coffee2:In case you didn't know where you are ,Iam talking about the stone tablets and this thread is about the stone tablets:dontknow::BangHead:
thank you.:BangHead:np:cat:

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq & Vaquero

Leupold BX-3 Mojave & RX1200i Rangefinder
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank and I have spent some time over the weekend creating a new video for everyone. The video details frank and I's findings at the Tumlinson site - and some footage of things we found there - that have yet to make an appearance on video. Excited to get this video up towards this evening - it's my most detailed and lengthy video yet.

ETA / 5pm Arizona time.

Here is a teaser

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-24 at 10.20.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-24 at 10.20.35 AM.png
    909.8 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Frank and I have spent some time over the weekend creating a new video for everyone. The video details frank and I's findings at the Tumlinson site - and some footage of things we found there - that have yet to make an appearance on video. Excited to get this video up towards this evening - it's my most detailed and lengthy video yet.

ETA / 5pm Arizona time.

Here is a teaser

You ever get the feeling your being followed

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, very much so Hal, the circles/"mine or tunnel" the other is a sun symbol.

Wrmickel1

The sun is low in the sky above the mountains, and shining into or at the mine tunnel to the east.
The mine is low on the mountain and looks to be by a sharp angled ledge.
What does the shape under the mountain and to the left of the 7 mean.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010

Not to be a killjoy but, that looks like what is known as a trophy tree. Women who are smuggled into this country are often raped at these locations and their personals hung from a common tree. The magazines seem to support the idea. I know nothing about the location so I am hoping that I have it wrong.

Seldom are the males (not going to use the word men) who commit these crimes caught because of the victims legal status but if there were ever an argument for castration, well, here it is.

Frank, that site needs to be reported to authorities because sometimes, when the victims resist, they are executed and their remains concealed in the vicinity.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
The site is in the Superstitions. No indication of foul play in the spot. The is no shortage of naked women in the area. Not far from there I ran into 2 women. One was naked and the other photographing her. A trip up the salt river will open your eyes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread