Legend of the Stone Maps

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne

Senario 3 : Scroutz McDuck and his nephews had an old map which lead to a treasure . They followed that map and found a cave in an old mine which contained few stone maps which were incomprehensible . These stone maps were what we know today as " Peralta stone tablets " .
Looking around , McDuck and his companions , understood how the region around fits with the trail and the landmarks from two specific stone tablets , and they decided to have a look if the map coincide with theirs thoughts . After following some clues , they understood how the map was real and decided to have a look to what the big hole in one of those two tablets would be . So , they went to the hole region and found a cave full of gold . Of course they didn't know how that cave was not the big deposit ( scenarist's comment ) .
In their return , decided to take the stone maps and to buried and split them on the way to their home . But as the Greek saying says " the money and the cough doesn't hidden " , and some friends or relatives took a feeling how they have found something precious .
Selling that gold , they were questioned where it was coming from , and they just mentioned the Superstition Mt . After , the new owners of that gold , sent some folks in the Superstitions to search for the source . Some of the researchers , supported how they had found a cave full of gold but didn't remember where it was ( say what ???? ) and others just followed instruction about the supposed site .
Maybe McDuck or his nephews , gave to some close and trusted friends details about the cave site and the stone maps . But they assured them how without to know where the region is , that stone maps were useless .
But one of those friends or relatives by name Shawn ( not the real name ) , got excited about the story and insisted to tell him where the stone maps are buried and to give him an opportunity to find the cave . The story teller , knowing how the stone maps would be useless ( being far away from their initial site ) , gave the location to Shawn .
So , Shawn went to the site where the stone maps were buried , and in his hurry and fearing a stranger's eye , he dug out of the ground a stone tablet which has on one side carved a horse and on the other side a priest/witch , and start research . He couldn't understand where that stone would lead him and maybe he spoke to the person who told him about the stone maps . Then that person told Shawn how the maps that help them to find the gold are buried deeper in the same hole where he found the horse/priest tablet .
Shawn went again to the maps hole and dug out another two stone tablets which depicted a trail , and a stone heart which was part of this map .
The story ends with Shawn to never found the famous cave full of gold but with the recompense to spend a lot of time in a beautiful and fantastic mountain range ( picture of the Superstitions Mt included ).

Last edited:
OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
One thing I won't tolerate is being called a liar. Attached are several photos. One of the Garman slides from the set I was accused of photo shopping. Photos front and back of the slide. Looks like Garman made a notation on the bottom of the slide. Was at the Superstition Mountain Museum today doing a little filming with Wayne Tuttle. Ran into Jack Olsen the famous Superstition Mountain photographer. He was photographing the event. In one of the shots I'm posting you see him holding the slide after examining it. I told him I was accused of photo shopping it. He laughed. Feel free to call him. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484520575.659850.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484520593.894794.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484520605.642862.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484520805.042088.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Hooch. I was on the boat. Eric found the cross. I refused to go to the bat cave.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank, go back and re-read what I wrote. I said there could be underlying slides. Apparently there are. I said I hoped to see them. I said that this go around and a month ago.

Congratulations that is a great accomplishment.

I said; and I reaffirm, the two you posted had been photo shopped. They had. I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were not the one that did the photo reformatting.

First you indicate they are a phone shot of the slides, then a computer screen. Then it changes back and now you have the actual slides. Which story do you prefer? Its hard to follow a moving target.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hooch, we have rules on language, please follow them.

November 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"First you indicate they are a phone shot of the slides, then a computer screen."

Not having a dog in this fight...I understood it to mean a phone shot of the computer screen the slides were being displayed on...while they were being transferred onto a disc?

But I do wonder what it is you think are photo shopped in the pics shown? To what purpose?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank, go back and re-read what I wrote. I said there could be underlying slides. Apparently there are. I said I hoped to see them. I said that this go around and a month ago.

Congratulations that is a great accomplishment.

I said; and I reaffirm, the two you posted had been photo shopped. They had. I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were not the one that did the photo reformatting.

First you indicate they are a phone shot of the slides, then a computer screen. Then it changes back and now you have the actual slides. Which story do you prefer? Its hard to follow a moving target.

No harder to follow than any work in progress that is subject to change as new information becomes available .

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
One thing I won't tolerate is being called a liar. Attached are several photos. One of the Garman slides from the set I was accused of photo shopping. Photos front and back of the slide. Looks like Garman made a notation on the bottom of the slide. Was at the Superstition Mountain Museum today doing a little filming with Wayne Tuttle. Ran into Jack Olsen the famous Superstition Mountain photographer. He was photographing the event. In one of the shots I'm posting you see him holding the slide after examining it. I told him I was accused of photo shopping it. He laughed. Feel free to call him. View attachment 1402466 View attachment 1402467 View attachment 1402468 View attachment 1402469

Frank,

Hope all is well with you. Ryan does not take well to folks turning down his offers.....so to speak. Many of the people he touts as supporting him, do not.

In another vein, I have been told by someone who was there, that Travis T. did try to sell the original stone maps, or something he claimed were original. I have no doubt you have been told the same thing by the same person. I would take his word to the bank, same as yours. Any day! Can't say the same for Ryan.

Take care and watch your back,

Joe

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Road,

All I can tell ya is go back through this thread and retrieve the first posting of the two pictures. Put them into you photo viewing application and blow them up to maximum pixel size. Look for the anomalies yourself. If you find none......great. I find plenty. So did others here that don't have a dog in the fight. Did Frank do that? I don't think so. And I don't think I said he did. But he did change the story of what we were supposed to be looking at after a couple of inquires. (Not by me). IMO, they asked because they could see the photos as presented didn't match the story.

Why adjust it? I have no idea. Perhaps its as innocent as just cleaning up the background. Its the changing story that sets off the bells and whistles.

You have to know the history to get a good feel for why its questioned. And not just by me. Fake drama and creation of props is what started this whole long saga that has now become the great continental divide. It was the jumping off place that set the stage for everything that followed. The Legends show, which I defended at the time as just an entertainment piece, was full of fake props. There is a "history" there that makes anything associated with that show and its cast suspect. And that's where the first seeds of discontent were sown. That stigma is one of, but not the only reason, certain folks had to be cut from the roster of the current production. What you are seeing now (IMO) is in retaliation.

From my view point, the photos shared are innocent enough - shopped or unshopped. But; they are just a prop to usher in the larger message. That's why the lead up story is subject to change. Because it ain't about the photos. Its about a power and threat ploy. Its about pushing buttons to cause reactions just for the fun of it, true or untrue. Its pretty sick actually.

Ask yourself.......what difference would it make if Garman had a picture of Travis? Wouldn't change anything that we have known for a long time. Is it possible? Sure. Is it probable, I don't think so. But I think its really unimportant in the long run. Now, Travis' work maps? That's a whole different ball game. That's the button that's being pushed just for the fun of it. That's the subliminal zinger that's included along with the innocent photo and any mention of the photo. Its purposeful and obvious when you know the back story. Its about some sort of gotcha game. How that's supposed to play out?? Heck if I know. Ask the one who's playing it.

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So your answer is no answer...yet you make the accusations we are supposed to believe and refuse to point out what that is...

All smoke and mirrors to further an agenda...the only one I see here, are you trying to further Ryan's at any chance you get. You go out of your way to make anyone else's wrong, or appear to be so. With never having anymore proof than a "I said so, because I have seen more than you,but I can't reveal it"...

Well, that's not enough, if you won't, or can't, say what is wrong with these pics...NOT somebody else, which you always try to use as a qualifier to you being right in these posts...then there is no reason to believe they were ever photo shopped at all.

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
"First you indicate they are a phone shot of the slides, then a computer screen."

Not having a dog in this fight...I understood it to mean a phone shot of the computer screen the slides were being displayed on...while they were being transferred onto a disc?

But I do wonder what it is you think are photo shopped in the pics shown? To what purpose?

Why would I take a old color slide and photo shop it to color. Makes no sense. I don't own the set. I borrowed one today to get a independent opinion at the Museum. The owner will decide what to do with them. As Greg indicated there are other color Garman photos out there. We always see the photos in black and white. I thought the members here would enjoy some color shots. As they say no good deed goes unpunished. Instead I get accused of photo shopping. Plus I don't have the equipment to photo shop and would not have a clue how to do it. I do think the set has historical value.

Last edited:

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Road, sorry you feel that way. I have given you answers. You just don't like them.

I do respect your forthright approach. That at least is refreshing. I responded in kind. Perhaps you will come to see that even if we do not share any other commonalities on the subject at hand.

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old...

No the answer you gave was for me to go look for the answers myself, which is no answer at all...You are the one that made the point of them being photo shopped and insist on it....So you should be the one to provide evidence of that.

Further than this though...

If, as is being said, Ryan has air tight evidence of his venture and all these others are wrong...Why would you need to defend his story at all? Why would you find the need to discredit anyone and anything they bring to the table if the other is 100% right? Your acting as an outside guard to try to deflect anything else is troubling as to if there isn't more to all of this than what Ryan is working on, and your role is only to keep anything with interfering with the television production of this story and the cash end of that.

I just want you to know that those of us 'out here' following along, don't see the need for you to try to put out fires unless there is some shaky ground in Ryan's story to begin with...

So , have fun...I'm done...as I say, no dog in this...but I do have an opinion

Last edited:

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate the color shots, Sgt. You certainly didn't have to show us any of them, thank you for doing so.
I also don't have a dog in this deal and the rancor from Old is confusing.

Liked your new 45. How many rounds does that rock chucker hold?

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank,

Hope all is well with you. Ryan does not take well to folks turning down his offers.....so to speak. Many of the people he touts as supporting him, do not.

In another vein, I have been told by someone who was there, that Travis T. did try to sell the original stone maps, or something he claimed were original. I have no doubt you have been told the same thing by the same person. I would take his word to the bank, same as yours. Any day! Can't say the same for Ryan.

Take care and watch your back,

Joe

Joe,
Yes Travis did try to sell a Set, The deal fell through.
So now Travis Had to Sets. He passed and his wife sells a set to Mitchell, a copy except the Heart got mixed up, So the real heart went to the Museum and the other set wound up in Montana. That's why all the experts come to the same
Conclusion, All the testing I believe was done after the switch and Travis had passed. He would have had no reason to test them he new where he found them. He new they were real. Well any way from Montana where my bro live's the maps traveled to North Dakota where I live so I hardly think Ryan can complete a show without this one little thing ME!

But I do believe before he deleted a lot of my posts he told me to team up with Frank. So Frank your covered. I'm on your team at Ryan's request. But I'm the lead investigator
On this one Frank. Tired of living in the shadows.

I tried to give him a Great Story but he settled for a fare Story! Oh Well. As Paul Harvey would say, There Great!
Misprint that was Tony The Tiger![emoji23]

And That's The Rest of The Story.

Wrmickel1

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a straight thread to me, but if it's a "standard" thread, eg 6-32, it's probably from the late 18oo's at the earliest.
Tapered threads are almost exclusively used for pipe and plugs, and wouldn't be suitable for this purpose....especially the size and with such soft material.
Keep in mind though, that thread cutting tools have been around for a long time. Jewelry/clock/watchmaking for instance.

Top jaw screws on flintlocks go way back into the sixteen hundreds. Other earlier ignition systems may reflect similar tooling.
Clocks and locks. Finesse work ,but old trades.

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Appreciate the color shots, Sgt. You certainly didn't have to show us any of them, thank you for doing so.
I also don't have a dog in this deal and the rancor from Old is confusing.

Liked your new 45. How many rounds does that rock chucker hold?

Earnie depends on the Magazine. I prefer 7 in the mag one in the chamber. It shot perfect right out of the box. I was a Police firearms instructor for 30 years and I like to keep up.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sgt, since the Jesuits have offically denied any mining in Mexio - was mexican territory in those daye - what claim could they make????

They could claim through attorneys anything found was unrelated , modern fakes , or originally made to look as if they had a hand in it at the time of caching?

Not sure which would worry me more ,inviting them on a search for possible " treasure" possibly related to them......or inviting a healthy 20 foot white shark spearfishing.
Even if not wanting relics or fish myself.

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show me the beef request you made has already been done, a month ago. I pointed you to it. Did you miss it last time through?

I could write a lengthy post but in the end folks are going to believe what they want to believe. I'm not going to change anyone's mind that is firmly fixed in one direction or the other. What I will do is bring the thoughts, theory and Yes, even evidence when and where appropriate, for folks to make an informed decision on their own. My thoughts are plainly stated in my prior post to you. And that I am quite certain irritates some quite a bit. It gets a tad bit too close to "the den". ah? An informed audience is the bane of some folks.

The Tumlinson story will live or die on its own merit. Its wide ranging. Some parts I know in great detail. Others I know on a passing level only. Perhaps some I don't know at all. In that that I am aware of, I'm quite comfortable. Folks will just have to judge for themselves their comfort level. That's not up to me to decide for them. And the really good news is.......it ain't up to you either. Nice talking with you.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i BELIEVE YOU SGT , AND A GOOD REVOLVER IS WORTH ANY 2 SEMIS ANY DAY, UNLESS YOU ARE OF THE SPRAY AND PRAY TYPE

tHIS IS A MISFIRE FROM WWII THAT ALMOST GOT ME KILLED, Picture.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions