Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Sgtfda

You only got one part right, The Garman stuff is entertainment. Don't need the map no more, and never been in the area.

Take the offer, Maybe you'll be money man.

You never can tell.

Babymick1

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure, I can visualize a Jesuit High School boys phys ed instructor...."Heh guys. Who's up for a class hike out in the mountains tomorrow ? Bring empty packs for the way out, and we'll see who can carry the most weight in rocks on the way back. I'll load them up, and we'll weigh them all when we get back...no peekin!! "

But seriously, I suspect that while the order itself may have known a large cache was left for the purposes of future utilization....possibly a longer term goal of compete autonomy from both state and mother church, that due to unforeseen circumstances, the necessarily few "higher ups" within a particularly ambitious cadre who knew anything about the exact location and it's contents, were not able to pass the critical information along. I had thought the election of a Jesuit as head of the church might bring some action.....perhaps this decision to assist Ryan's group is based on what scant records managed to survive the expulsion and political evolutions since that day they were officially disbanded. Fr. Charles Polzer said "Keller's notes". Maybe he did know something about it, and that within those notes, a certain "key" could be found.

Now, let me say this as well, since I suspect that you believe another sub-sect of the PTB are involved in all of this. I agree, but have not established for my own theory as to who "they" are. Every Jesuit was highly educated, at least to their individual ability, in not only the theology and precepts of Catholic Christianity, but also in a much wider range of disciplines....eg. history and the sciences. That in furtherance of the goals of the order, a select number of the very best may have been assigned the task of tracking down and recovering if possible, any historical....even "legendary" treasures. Near east, far east, and new world presented many opportunities in this regard, so why not take advantage of their influence to gather information and "go have a look".
In our case, and primary area of interest, I believe they may have MAY have located something almost too big to put to near-term use, and if so, in a location where additional collections could be warehoused under high secrecy and what they believed was adequate long term security. The letters "AMDG" might have something to do with what I surmise, as a mark of sovereignty over what lies within.

Your points are well taken. But like all this stuff from all of us, it's all just speculation to support our unproven working models. Even those of us who posture the most confidently need to remain nimble and able to shift our models to suit real evidence. So far, we have carved rocks and lots of talk.

As far as the Jesuits operating from a position of moral authority, presumably granted by a "true sovereign" ... well, yes, notwithstanding what Antarctica's melting ice may soon reveal, that's a horse they've managed to ride with success - at least in centuries gone by. Today, if push came to shove, the jackals who control our dirt would have no second thoughts about pushing the brothers out of the saddle. I suspect the roster of "Team Cache" might show the brothers as being only utility infielders, not sluggers. Time will tell. Maybe.

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disclaimer - Disclaimer. I don't know what's buried "out there". I am as interested to find out as the next guy.

But; as to the SOJ involvement....I think (IMO) you guys need to broaden your horizons.

I think Wayne (Somehiker) is closer in his thoughts of what the Order may be in search of. I think its more along the lines of historic than monetary. I mean, have you looked at the Vatican? It probably has more gold on public display than almost any other place on earth. Silver and precious gems too. They already have plenty of that from the old and new world.

Although it can probably be said ...there is no such thing as too much gold... there are things more valuable to the holder than gold and other precious metals. I think the SOJ interest is more along these lines. Even something as humble as a list of converts, daily entries of long past Brother's thoughts, perhaps relics of Saints and shires. Vestments and articles of faith. These things provide a record that the Order was there. Lived, labored and died in service. If you are looking for motivation, I'd look more to these type things. Of course, if gold bars come out of the ground first, I don't think anyone is going to throw those away. But I do think if that's the only items found it would be somewhat of a disappointment. Just my thoughts.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Disclaimer - Disclaimer. I don't know what's buried "out there". I am as interested to find out as the next guy.

But; as to the SOJ involvement....I think (IMO) you guys need to broaden your horizons.

I think Wayne (Somehiker) is closer in his thoughts of what the Order may be in search of. I think its more along the lines of historic than monetary. I mean, have you looked at the Vatican? It probably has more gold on public display than almost any other place on earth. Silver and precious gems too. They already have plenty of that from the old and new world.

Although it can probably be said ...there is no such thing as too much gold... there are things more valuable to the holder than gold and other precious metals. I think the SOJ interest is more along these lines. Even something as humble as a list of converts, daily entries of long past Brother's thoughts, perhaps relics of Saints and shires. Vestments and articles of faith. These things provide a record that the Order was there. Lived, labored and died in service. If you are looking for motivation, I'd look more to these type things. Of course, if gold bars come out of the ground first, I don't think anyone is going to throw those away. But I do think if that's the only items found it would be somewhat of a disappointment. Just my thoughts.

Yeah, St Peter's Basilica must have a helluva property insurance policy. I've never seen so much gold - and that's just what they have festooned on the walls. I guess they're still passing the plate though.

You may very well be correct about the big secrets in AZ. Speaking of historical context, this pope is surprising some folks. For example, a rather hastily-scheduled meeting with the head of the Russian Orthodox Church last year in Cuba during the pope's visit there - the first contact these two groups have had since the Crusades. They seem to be comparing notes. Interesting.

meeting.jpeg

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Don't kid yourself. If treasure comes out of the ground and made public look out! If a TV show proves assets from previous discoveries look out.
I'm not talking a cache of ore or bars.
What family living off ill gotten gains would work on a project to prove it? Talk about putting a target on your back. Attorneys love this stuff. Plus all the work and research was done for you. It one thing to prove a history of a stone tablet. You get into treasure found and assets available you have a problem. Throw out a bone to a packs of dogs what happens?

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
You ever wonder why nothing is found on all the treasure shows? Production wants nothing of value found! They are making a TV show not a court case. During filming of the Legend show I found some gold and silver deposits. It was filmed but cut.

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
<sigh>.

Anyone who wants the straight skinny on the ends and outs of antiquities laws would be well served to do some review work. If you are serious about recovery (past or present) you would be wise to consult with an attorney well versed on the subject.

Contrary to what has been put forward here...........A LOT has to do with where the items are/were found. Public or private land? It makes a big difference.

When......... Pre 1960 or after? 1964 or after?

What....... Type of artifact also makes a difference in how its handled.

Its the same old questions of where, when and what that always come into play. Those questions are being mixed like apple and oranges in these discussions. If you really want to know, arm yourself with the real answers that are out there available to you. If that's not confusing enough, add the international laws and treaties into the mix. That will give you a headache that Tylenol can't touch <g>.

Here's just the tip of the iceberg for your reading pleasure. Nothing in this post should be used as a guide. Its a start to a huge and complicated process.

16 USC 431 –433 American Antiquities Act of 1906

https://www.nps.gov/history/local-law/anti1906.htm

16 USC 469 and subseq. Archeological and Historic Preservation Act 1960
Repealed and replaced by current Title 54.
https://www.nps.gov/history/local-law/fhpl_archhistpres.pdf

16 USC 1131 The Wilderness Act. Enacted 1964 (Not repealed under Title 54)
https://www.wilderness.net/NWPS/documents/publiclaws/PDF/16_USC_1131-1136.pdf

Title 54. USC enacted 2014
https://www.nps.gov/subjects/historicpreservation/laws-intro.htm

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Before filming the Legend show the cast and crew signed a agreement to post nothing on social media. It only causes issues. This is a good example.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before filming the Legend show the cast and crew signed a agreement to post nothing on social media. It only causes issues. This is a good example.

Yes, I remember how quiet both you and Wayne T. were, while all that was happening.
Thought Ryan's production wanted you to do so as well, but you told them to shove it ?
Wasn't something like that a big issue, a while back ?

I'm not criticizing though, since it keeps the interest level and quality of conversations higher while we all wait for the " really, really big show ".
Almost like when us teenagers was waiting for the Beatles on Ed Sullivan way back in "64 . :)

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, I just went through a Beatle thing on the other thread. Are we starting to think alike.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Babymick1

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Wayne I see what's coming down the road. I don't want to see a few friends in TX hurt. Any treasure hunter needs to be up on this stuff also. I told a guy in the past. Do you want the treasure or fame. He chose fame and he was shut down. Lost his lifetime savings fighting it. Almost went to prison. During filming the Legend show they filmed me shooting a snake. I had no choice the crew was in harms way. Thousands of snake lovers filed complaints. It was a issue I had to address. Imagine finding a Jesuit treasure. The list of claimants would be endless. I hear word is getting around already. We had a Sheriff with us while filming. Just in case. We were being followed. A real treasure recovery? You broadcast that in social media. I don't want to think about it.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank

You would think they would use some kind security 24/7 lock down till all was removed. If it was to be filmed for a show. I would thank so anyway.

Unless it's not in the budget.

Babymick1

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I can see it now. Be like the gold rush. Everyone from drug dealers to the snowbird army depending on the area. Even the Canadians and Greeks. Trump would need to build a wall around the site. Now that's a TV show I'd watch!

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan is a likable guy, the 'Family' certainly took to him.
He no doubt made the same impression on the Jesuits while researching with them.
If they are included in his upcoming TV show, it's probably more to do with that friendship than it is with any treasure.

I know my own local countryside area very well.
I could no doubt take that knowledge and carve a pretty accurate rock map (or series of them.) It could lead you around to actual physical landscape locations without much trouble, but it could never lead you to any non-existent treasure.
I feel the same about the Peralta Stones. Travis knew the area.
The 'trail' may be real, but IMO the odds of using it to find any treasure is zilch!

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
And then there would be me, Dressed like a Mexican with a big Sombrero on my mustang, back to the sun, riding hard with my six guns a blazing grabbing a hand full of gold only to find out its more of RYAN'S eBay props![emoji23]

The Outlaw ho-say Wells

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Speaking of Canadians. Wayne I picked up a new Colt 45 and it shoots just fine. I liked the one Toms dad left him so much I just had to have one. 7 rounds through the same hole.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484370800.900859.jpg

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
He no doubt made the same impression on the Jesuits while researching with them.
If they are included in his upcoming TV show, it's probably more to do with that friendship than it is with any treasure.

I could no doubt take that knowledge and carve a pretty accurate rock map (or series of them.) It could lead you around to actual physical landscape locations without much trouble, but it could never lead you to any non-existent treasure.
The 'trail' may be real, but IMO the odds of using it to find any treasure is zilch!

those maps haven't led anyone to anything yet

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other

Mr. P

It's way bigger then that.

Babymick1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread