Greenie
Dec 19, 2012
Central Valley of CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Ace 250, Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
my name is Kyle and I have been mding for about 5 years now. I am looking to expand my treasure hunting horizons, and seeing that I live on the edge of the California Mother Lode I have decided to give some modest gold prospecting a shot.

I have been lurking Tnet, more specifically the Gold prospecting sub forums, for quite a while now and finally decided to join the forum. The main reason for me joining at this time is after looking at the other forums I am a member of I realized none of them had gold prospecting forums as thorough as Tnet. Also, I noticed that there are quite a few forum members in my area that are into prospecting. So here I am.

I plan on beginning my prospecting journey by gold panning with the Garrett gold panning kit. I hear it is a good kit. As for spots to prospect, I know of one or 2 spots in the foothills that are open to the public to prospect. Other than those spots, I am still looking for other spots that are open to the public, and not claimed.

Anyway, I hope to make some forum friends here and get to know the community. HH and GL everyone.

Upvote 0

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome roscue,

Wish I was near the mother load! I'd love to chase some placer gold. Here in San Diego co. all the placer areas are locked up in private land and claimed up. So all I have access to is old abandoned hard rock mine tailings to work, and the possible minuscule micro gold that has become "placer gold" in the seasonal creeks. Any how Lots of great people on here, with lots of knowledge of Au hunting. Best of luck to ya

Drywall

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The fastest way to get started gold prospecting is to join your local gold prospecting club. This will save you money, and months of research, trial and error. By joining your local club, you’ll have access to local gold claims and the knowledge and insight of fellow members as to what techniques and equipment they are using successfully on those claims. The Garrett gold panning kit covers all the essentials and is a great deal!

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Roscue2, Welcome! I live around Auburn Ca. And I'll be happy to give you good locations to prospect.

OP
OP
R

Roscue2

Greenie
Dec 19, 2012
Central Valley of CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fastest way to get started gold prospecting is to join your local gold prospecting club. This will save you money, and months of research, trial and error. By joining your local club, you’ll have access to local gold claims and the knowledge and insight of fellow members as to what techniques and equipment they are using successfully on those claims. The Garrett gold panning kit covers all the essentials and is a great deal!

I do plan on attending the local GPAA chapter's January meeting. Can't wait to get started, and thanks for the advice Terry.

OP
OP
R

Roscue2

Greenie
Dec 19, 2012
Central Valley of CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roscue2, Welcome! I live around Auburn Ca. And I'll be happy to give you good locations to prospect.

I am located in San Joaquin/ Calaveras county area. Any areas that you know of this far south?

Thanks for the help.

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
welcome, there are alot of folk's on here in your area to learn from and get hint's and trick's im several hours south but still good gold here good luck and happy hunting...:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread