Lets design the ultimate sluice...

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

Using centrifugal force with a vortex to capture gold is certainly not new. Again history repeating it's self. Gold concentrating hydrocylones were all the rage back in the 80's. Heck I still own one from that era somewhere in my storage room( my mining graveyard). Yes I still see new patents come out for gold concentrating hydrocyclones all trying to defy the laws of physics. The problem with "The Vortex" concept for these devices is that you do not generate enough G forces to overcome gold's natural flatness factor. Hydraulic equivalence comes into play here as narrowly classifying them would be necessary for best results.That is why concentrating hydrocyclone studies using - 1/4" feed have shown them not to be very effective for gold capture.

The Gold Cyclone on the other hand uses selective classification which should be effective for gold capture.

To do better you would have to go to more expensive methods which small miners do not use such as

1 .High G force centrifuge
These do generate enough G force to negate gold's poor shape force. The
main component for gold capture is weight not shape.
2. Wave Table
It separates material on specific gravity not size or weight. Hydraulic equivalence is not
a factor. So you can capture clean 300 mesh gold using 1/4" classification.

George

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember seeing the $1,000.00 "gold lab" when it came out. Basically a blue bowl mounted on an IV stand with about $50 worth of attachments.

home1.jpg

GG~

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Amazing how complicated we can make panning!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the idea in mind, I hear you.
Although, I kinda feel like I already bought the ultimate sluice.
Because with it:
bgc5.jpg :headbang:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 mesh- 50 mesh -100 mesh classifiers + blue bowl and a can of beer....15 minutes and done that's all you need

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread