Let’s see your in situ pics!

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like seeing the themed threads and this one may have been done before. Here are two of my latest in situ pics. Feel free to post them like you find them!
2AD2CF78-9C0F-42D7-8D44-4432E49D9802.jpeg
DADD6D06-E984-40D5-A33B-5763CC1A2322.jpeg

Upvote 20

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some posts moved to different forum as they did not belong in our indian artifact forum.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like this thread so I'll post a couple more from that site I previously mentioned in SWOK. I took a lot of in situ pics that day cause my son and I were basically doing a field survey. The lake had been drained and we couldn't find any record of one being done before it went in. Very cool spot, and it's all back underwater these days. And you guys got some killer stuff you've found.
2-28aa.jpg
2-28bb.jpg
2-28cc.jpg
2-28dd.jpg

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I like this thread so I'll post a couple more from that site I previously mentioned in SWOK. I took a lot of in situ pics that day cause my son and I were basically doing a field survey. The lake had been drained and we couldn't find any record of one being done before it went in. Very cool spot, and it's all back underwater these days. And you guys got some killer stuff you've found.
View attachment 2134238 View attachment 2134239 View attachment 2134241 View attachment 2134242
Very colorful

GDub62

Feb 2, 2022
Georgia
View attachment 2134238 View attachment 2134239 View attachment 2134241 View attachment 2134242
Good eye on that second one. Don't know if I would've seen it

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
Few years ago they drained a lake in Oklahoma and my son went out and did a ground survey, and told me it was worth checking out. I made it down there and we found a pretty much undisturbed temporary campsite that had been underwater for years. A couple of fire rings, some flint quarried in Texas,, lots of artifacts, just as they had left them. We took a lot of pics and just left a lot of stuff there. It was an undocumented site so we did report it to the OK Archaeology department at OU. They noted it but didn't have much interest in it. One of the coolest places I'd ever looked over in SWOK. View attachment 2130419 View attachment 2130420 View attachment 2130421
That's actually quite surprising they took no interest. Old camp sites can hold a lot of important archaeological info. If I found something like that I'd die.

OP
OP
LandSeig

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice blade! Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread