Dreadnox

Jul 28, 2013
Austin Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Metadyne magnet stick, Garretts pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New Old location of 50+ acres to MD that has never been touched

I have the permission and the safari, so gonna go to work out there this week. I have found 2 silvers and an old necklace cross I found last week there and found and marked 4 very old foundations from buildings not sure if homes or just buildings. The property had oil transport lines ran through it in the early 1900's but long since abandonded so hopeing to make some nice finds. Hope me luck LOL I need all I can get.

Last edited:

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Luck! Post pics of what you find!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
put the safari to the test
sounds good

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Dreadnox wish I could get out there to detect. Since I can't, will just have to wish you good luck ! Oh and that Safari should be great out there it is often underrated I think. Looking forward to seeing your :metaldetector: post with :treasurechest: !

CARM

OP
OP
Dreadnox

Dreadnox

Jul 28, 2013
Austin Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, went out Wednesday to the property and after having a slight disagreement over property rights with two hornets nests (we will wait till winter to hunt these two areas). We proceded to find 1 1883 Morgan and 31 Indian Head Pennies. I took them to a friend that collects coins to see if any are of more that face value which I am pretty sure none are but who knows and he is going to clean them up for me. I will try to get some pics asap. I also found a silver necklace I had lost out there 4 yrs ago. It was a good day and we had a blast searching. Also let my Uncle, the owner try his hand and after three IH pennies himself he has ordered a safari and wants to get into the hobby. LOL I did tell him any finds are subject to a 50 percent finders fee on anything he might locate in the future, LOL. It got hot after noon and we desided to call it for the day but I am going back out next week on my days off. Oh also spoke to an old man that lives on the next lot 2 miles down the road and he is going to let me search his place, and he has informed me that there used to be an old trading post out there some where that his great grand father done busines with as a young man so maybe this would explain all the pennis as the ones found so far ranged fro 1870 to 1906. some were unreadable they are all well worn so makes me think they were used often and not set back or saved by some one person.

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro silver umax, Whites Spectrum XLT
Past: Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Once your uncle gets his new safari get him to join the forums too!!!

OP
OP
Dreadnox

Dreadnox

Jul 28, 2013
Austin Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some bad pics I am still figureing out the camera thing

Finds 115.JPG Finds 113.JPG The pennies are all IH from 1865 to 1906, the Morgan is 1884

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You got a hot spot there.
When you're digging up 19th century coinage en masse, its a place that deserves attention.

Bear in mind, at this stage in the game, with 'opportunities' in the metal detecting hobby few and far between (and diminishing day by day) finding a Morgan in the year 2013 is 'find of the year' type stuff.

justdugcrazy

Aug 6, 2013
I think I'd have a heart attack to even find one of your 14 lol seriously you are very blessed my friend GOOD HUNTING PLEASE KEEP US UP TO DATE

OP
OP
Dreadnox

Dreadnox

Jul 28, 2013
Austin Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, did not get to go back out this week due to some minor inconvienances like cleaning the house, changeing the oil in two vehicles, paying the monthly bills oh and fixing the front door lock which was a mess.. I wanted to put off all that minor stuff for the more important MDing but the wife for some reason prioritizes differantly than I do so naturally she won! LOL Seems that happens alot! Anyways going to try to get back out there this upcoming Wednesday and see what else we can find. I am hopeing for maybe a buried treasure full of Morgans or even several hundred LBS of gold bars, but alas I will be just as happy with more Indian Heads and more silver would be great. LOL P>S> I think I may have located the old wagon trail or whats left off it through some old aireal photos from the mid 30's, it looks very close the the penny bed we found, I want to try to narrow down the exact location the mobile trading post actually set up if I can. Maybe if we start finding some artifacts it would be a good indicator so we will see. Best wishes and good hunting guys and gals.

justdugcrazy

Aug 6, 2013
Well, did not get to go back out this week due to some minor inconvienances like cleaning the house, changeing the oil in two vehicles, paying the monthly bills oh and fixing the front door lock which was a mess.. I wanted to put off all that minor stuff for the more important MDing but the wife for some reason prioritizes differantly than I do so naturally she won! LOL Seems that happens alot! Anyways going to try to get back out there this upcoming Wednesday and see what else we can find. I am hopeing for maybe a buried treasure full of Morgans or even several hundred LBS of gold bars, but alas I will be just as happy with more Indian Heads and more silver would be great. LOL P>S> I think I may have located the old wagon trail or whats left off it through some old aireal photos from the mid 30's, it looks very close the the penny bed we found, I want to try to narrow down the exact location the mobile trading post actually set up if I can. Maybe if we start finding some artifacts it would be a good indicator so we will see. Best wishes and good hunting guys and gals.

Did your wife give you that look of what do you think your doing with That dag on Metal detector? Here's a piece of advice GRAB AND RUN...REALLY REALLY FAST HOPEFULLY YOU DONT HAVE A 4X4 CUS IF YOU DO THIS WONT WORK SHE WILL HUNT YOU DOWN LOL WELL AT LEAST ALL THOSE SO- CALLED IMPORTANT THINGS ARE FINALLY DONE.NOW ON TO WHAT REALLY MAKES LIFE GO ROUND METAL DETECTING HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAH

OP
OP
Dreadnox

Dreadnox

Jul 28, 2013
Austin Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update, have moved to opposite side of the property and adjoining neighbors place with permission and have been finding silver as in Vnickles dimes couple of quarters and pennies dateing from 1901 through the 1950's ai am having issues with posting pics for some reason but its being looked into. I will post pics as s oon as I can also found a penny with an eagle on the front side where we were finding all the IH pennies. This place is a blast to hunt but still very few artifacts. a very old knife and a cicyle looking thing. Kinda figured with it being an old tradeing post place we would find more relic type stuff. Any suggestions on searching for more items and less coins or is that answer just keep hunting?

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
I'm having the same problem with our camera. We have the T2i and it's just not working for closeups.
Our cheap Fuji takes great closeups but have to get my wife to load the camera program for that on our new computer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread