DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joe Hoo?

Feb 13, 2009
Southern and Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre
Be careful about introducing something from the wild into a established tank.... i have had many saltwater tanks, one must be very careful about nitrates, this is the #1 thing that will kill all those fish in a heartbeat... HH

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
Also, along with nitrates, and unwanted critters wild atlantic live rock is coming from much colder water than the pacific fiji type stuff, so basically if the tank water isnt chilled {chillers are big bucks} you may or may not have any success with anything sprouting essentially turning live rock into dead rock. Your local fish store should be able to order some in for you.

Joe Hoo?

Feb 13, 2009
Southern and Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre
jeff741972 said:
Also, along with nitrates, and unwanted critters wild atlantic live rock is coming from much colder water than the pacific fiji type stuff, so basically if the tank water isnt chilled {chillers are big bucks} you may or may not have any success with anything sprouting essentially turning live rock into dead rock. Your local fish store should be able to order some in for you.

totally agree............. if you want something to put into that tank do not take it from the wild for your sake as well as the creatures sake because you stand to take a big loss if you try to cut corners and save a doller...... take this advice literally>Your local fish store should be able to order some in for you. Good luck! HH

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Meh!...I thought U2 were touring!....carry on. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions