local park finds

MuDcAke

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2013
Today was my first official hunt outside my front yard. I took a 5 minute drive down to my local park a fired up my bounty hunter lone star. The first 5 minutes consisted of jumpy signals, beep........beep,beep.......signal lost. Walked a few feet and got my first solid signal, I proceeded to "x" out my target made a visual and decided to dig. After digging my plug I opened it up and to my surprise a silver rectangular shaped object, my mind was racing through the possibilities of what could it be, upon closer inspection i noticed a popular shoe brand logo in the center of the object, it turned out to be a small palmed sized catalogue, none the less i was pretty excited. I continued to swing and got a few solid signals and plugged away. In all honesty I am hooked! The fresh air, the birds singing in the distance and the weird looks you get from people make it all worth it. I'm really looking forward to my next hunt and wait to get out there and swing away.

ForumRunner_20130201_173452.png

Upvote 5

Digging Deeper

Jan 12, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Ciast
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
Awesome everyone I go I have a blast. Find trash or treasure and have just as much fun.

a day without pull tabs is like a day without sunshine.

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find trash or treasure and have just as much fun.

C'mon now, don't lie. It's just a smidgeon more fun when we have a little treasure to show for it. :laughing7:

Once you start getting used to what your machine is telling you, the treasures will flow. I just like the alone time and the adventure of the hunt.

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome job! The more time you spend behind the machine, the better and better you'll understand what she's telling you! GL and wait till you dig your first great find...you'll be hooked for life

HH

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Everyone is right. It only gets better and better each time you go out. The more research you do on where to hunt leads to the bigger and better finds.
Way to go!!:thumbsup:
HH

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of like fishing a bad day on the water is better than a good day at work. A bad day detecting is .........

Just getting out, walking, getting fresh air, quiet and hearing mother nature is the best part.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread