Local School Paying Nicely

NorthShoreJoe

Jan 1, 2015
Kearneysville, WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Pro, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dec 28, 2014. Went to a local High School and spent about 2 hours digging up the usual foil, pull tabs, can shred, clad, etc. On my way back to the car, I was swinging the AT Pro and hit on a scratchy 56. Dug up this beauty.

10kGoldRingwithDiamonds_zps8085bc92.jpg

10kGoldRingwithDiamonds2_zpsf3f7868f.jpg

Today, 01/01/2015, I had a few hours to dig so I went back to the same school. The usual 2 1/2 hours of foil, can shred, etc, and came across this. It's either a very large Toe Ring, or it was made this way because it doesn't look broken. Nice start to the New Year. Happy New Year all and HH.

ToeRingorRegularRing_zps15a2abff.jpg

SterlingMark_zps55b9abe3.jpg

Attachments

• 10kGoldRingwithDiamonds_zps8085bc92.jpg
    10kGoldRingwithDiamonds_zps8085bc92.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 19

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice gold and silver bling. Well done.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice digs!!! congrats on the rings... ESPO... that is a jewelry firm out of Providence RI...

jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!!! I have a question some of you may be able to help with. I see folks on here who hunt schools quite often, my question is, who do I contact to get permission to hunt schools in my area? Thanks in advance... HH

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For me personally I seldom hunt schools. I have visited my local high school from time to time if I have nowhere else to hunt. As long as it is a public school you don't need to ask for permission from anyone as it's public property. Just be sure to dig nice clean plugs and leave as little sign you were there as possible especially on athletic fields. Also don't hunt if school is in session or if there is an event going on. I have heard that in some parts of the country you're not allowed to hunt in public schools or parks. Thing is, if you just go and hunt it and do so respectfully ( clean holes...removing trash) the worst that will happen is you're asked to leave. That said, if there are signs posted prohibiting metal detecting then of course you find somewhere else to hunt.

The thing is, if you ask and they tell you no then you can't hunt. So unless posted go for it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello NorthShoreJOE,

Very nice ring find!

Happy Hunting

OP
OP
N

NorthShoreJoe

Jan 1, 2015
Kearneysville, WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Pro, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!!! I have a question some of you may be able to help with. I see folks on here who hunt schools quite often, my question is, who do I contact to get permission to hunt schools in my area? Thanks in advance... HH

There is a sign on all the fences around the football and baseball fields that say "Please Leave this Place Cleaner than you found it" so that's my excuse if someone questions me....I'm cleaning this place up like the sign says... :-)

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great rings!, that's a nice spot you got there!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet!
Silver, gold and diamonds is an awesome start to the year! Congrats! Looks like a promising spot!

Scratchy means the signal wasn't a solid beep/beep like you would hear on a coin, it was a broken one you may get on trashy items. 56 is the # the VDI screen displayed.

Last edited:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
newbie question - scratchy 56?

Nice ring!

Inconsistent signal on his detector, 56 is the conductivity of the item, so he got an inconsistent 56 signal (also know as a nickel or pull tab signal) on his metal detector.

Coinman123,

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to 'Ring' in the New Year! :thumbsup:

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North Shore Joe, can I ask what state you are in? I grew up in North Shore, a suburb of Houston. Nice finds!

Don

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why does so much good stuff turn up at the end of a hunt when we're tired and packing it in back to the car? It works that way for me too, there must be a reason that when your arm just can't swing the machine anymore and you are actually dragging the coil on the ground behind you as you are walking back to your vehicle, then bingo... Very nice finds there, keep up the good work!

OP
OP
N

NorthShoreJoe

Jan 1, 2015
Kearneysville, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North Shore Joe, can I ask what state you are in? I grew up in North Shore, a suburb of Houston. Nice finds!

Don

I live in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. I use the name North Shore for where my Father's house is located on the Island of Oahu.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread