Long time in coming! Finally reached a 100 coin day +

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to take off a few hours early and see what I could find. Went to my local haunt and started finding coins right off the bat. Just before dark I figured I would count the coins I had found. It was 97 total….This close to 100 I had to keep going. I ended up with 102 coins. No Silver on this trip but did manage 10 wheats and what looks to be a small baby ring of some sort. HH all.

Attachments

• wheat1.jpg
    wheat1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 598
  • 1107a.jpg
    1107a.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 585
  • 1107b.jpg
    1107b.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 579
Upvote 0
OP
OP
SC_hunter

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KirkPA said:
That day is better than a day with no coins.
And I have had a few of those days.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, next target 100 silver/day ;)

digmichigan

Oct 23, 2007
mid-michigan
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V
Wow! Have a lot of people dug 100+ That's awesome congrats.

My record is 11 coins (of course I'm brand new)

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a 100 coin day.

WTG
SgtSki

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Congrad's on finding that many coins in one day. Is your digging arm sore?
Joe

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
It's a neat feeling to realize that you've found that many coins isn't it? Many hunts will end with far smaller amounts, and some will end with far larger amounts. I think I've been fortunate so far in my own detecting in that I've had many many 100+ days, of course I dig EVERYTHING.. so that means lots and lots of pull tabs and junk along with the coins. Of course it helps when you hit those occasional holes that have more than one coin in them too. <smile> Like a very recent hunt I had myself.. I think some child broke his or her piggy bank or something, in an area about the size of a dinner plate I pulled 132 coins in the one "hole" yeah.. I was flabbergasted too! I don't think I'll ever find another "hole" like that one, that's one I'll remember for a LONG TIME.
Keep hunting my friend, and you too will find more and more each time. The better you get with your equipment the less time you'll spend on errant targets and the more time you'll spend digging coins and other treasures. .. oh and it helps to hedge your bets a little by using a good pin pointer. If you don't have one already I'd HIGHLY recommend a Bullseye II. Well worth the money!
Enough commercials.. get back out there and hunt! Good luck and Happy Hunting.

Frodov

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Congrats SC on reaching your goal. Nice going.
HH, Mike in NJ

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done SC, that is fantastic ;) the best I have done is 100+ pull tabs ::) I found out that the building I was searching near was a clubhouse, that explains it hey ???
Wish you all the best in your future hunts, keep swinging.

God bless
Peter

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
digmichigan said:
Wow! Have a lot of people dug 100+ That's awesome congrats.

My record is 11 coins (of course I'm brand new)
It happens from time to time around here dMichigan. You need a few things first. 1. you need to know your detector. 2. You need to be in the right spot (schoolyards or popular parks are good) 3. You have to be extremely persistent. I was lucky enough to do this twice....both times at the same school, and man was i sore afterwards. I believe one member on this site dug about 450 coins in one day (Boobydoo) I think he hit several different sites to accomplish this goal. Once you accomplish #'s 1,2 and 3 on this list, a 100 coin day is bound to happen. Good luck.

And by the way....congrats to SC hunter on a great 100 coin day! ;D With 10 wheaties. Nice!

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Great day...I told you you could do it! I think the 10 wheaties were more impressive....but I know you wanted that 100 coin day! Wait till you shoot for 200! That can be fun...when I do that it is a packed lunch...a place I know will produce...and usually alot of pennies.... I still am hunting and actually after having over 35 100 coin days this year have started to back off intentionally... Been skipping some of the zinc cent signals to try to pick up some other items...and save my back! :D Still been digging the clad...did hit a silver earring today.... Glad you got that one out of the way! :)

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That IS a nice day of finds when wheats are sprinkled in like that.

The most coins I've ever found was 50. . . and they were ALL clad >:( I was sure glad when I found a rusty nail to break the monotony.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's alot of diggin' SC...I've only had a couple myself and it's torture on the back.Nice job on the wheatie's...Congrat's and HH!!

OP
OP
SC_hunter

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks folks...and DFX..just couldn't imagine that many 100+ days..You did fantastic this year. I prob won't be on much for the next few days. In a Motel in Miss now on my way to Ft.Hood..Son in law stationed there and daughter is in labor now..I just had to get a little rest b4 hitting the road again..Take care folks and have fun.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions