Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes..1706!!! :o Fantastic find GH.
I'm going to ask a stupid question here. How can you tell it is a 1706 year?
Does the coin say 1706 on it somewhere? I can kind of see what looks like "1706" in the 10:00position on that first picture. Am I seeing things?
Congrats on a great find.
-MM-

OP
OP
Trond

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
ModernMiner said:
Does the coin say 1706 on it somewhere? I can kind of see what looks like "1706" in the 10:00position on that first picture. Am I seeing things?
-MM-

Yes you are right MM, 10:00 position you can see ""1706"".

Sorry for a bit bad photo.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldhamster said:
ModernMiner said:
-MM-

Yes you are right MM, 10:00 position you can see ""1706"".

Sorry for a bit bad photo.

Thanks GH. I don't think it's your photo, I think it's my eyes. ;D
-MM-

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin, but where is the story? We like to know, when it was found? Today? How you found it, what you found with it? etc? The site details: old farm?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
mines a british 1717 - 1724 era (dates wore off) king george the I half penny -- an american colonial used coin

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
CRUSADER said:
Nice coin, but where is the story? We like to know, when it was found? Today? How you found it, what you found with it? etc? The site details: old farm?

odd when people take the time to post a coin like this....and absolutely no story.... I agree....you took the time to take the picture....you took the time to resize the picture and post.....could you drop a line or two about the find itself ???

OP
OP
Trond

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
DFX-Gregg said:
CRUSADER said:

odd when people take the time to post a coin like this....and absolutely no story.... I agree....you took the time to take the picture....you took the time to resize the picture and post.....could you drop a line or two about the find itself ???

Im sorry guys, i didnt know you wanted storys behind the finds aswell. No need to call it ""odd""

This object was found close by were i found my "Hammer of Thor". The location is a old farm close by the ocean, the coin was only ca 5cm under the dirt. The coin was reading foil, and i was considering not to dig it. --Lucky for me, i did.
I removed this last little bit of grass and dirt, beliving it was nothing in the end- and there it was, a tiny smiling piece of silver. Unbelivable, should i be so lucky??!

In the same field i have found coins from: 1706--> 1984. Both, copper, bronze and some other old silver coins.
A thing here that is good sign, is that i sometimes find one type of copper coin, a coin with the year 1771.
So if i find the big 1771 coin in a new field, i know there is good reason fo finding silver coins. (( I enclose a photo of some of the 1771 copper coins i have found lately, you can see they are all in a tragic condition.. sadly ))

The strangest thing is that all around this field, there is other bigger fields were i have found very little coins.
Just like this field is loaded with goodies,-- a goldmine so to speak. And the others fields around are more or less empty.
Were i detect, i dont belive there has been so any other detectorist. This is not a big hobby here.

Even better for me, more silver for my collection. :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
So there is my story- sorry if my english is a bit bad.

Attachments

• 1771+div-001aaa.jpg
    1771+div-001aaa.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 609

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Nice find on the silver. The coppers are tough to find in nice condition in most places. Good luck out there in that field.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank-you for an excellent story & your English is better than mine. I admit to doing the same as you when I started posting. I now realise the story is 1/2 the fun :)

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
goldhamster said:
DFX-Gregg said:
CRUSADER said:

Im sorry guys, i didnt know you wanted storys behind the finds aswell. No need to call it ""odd""

This object was found close by were i found my "Hammer of Thor". The location is a old farm close by the ocean, the coin was only ca 5cm under the dirt. The coin was reading foil, and i was considering not to dig it. --Lucky for me, i did.
I removed this last little bit of grass and dirt, beliving it was nothing in the end- and there it was, a tiny smiling piece of silver. Unbelivable, should i be so lucky??!

In the same field i have found coins from: 1706--> 1984. Both, copper, bronze and some other old silver coins.
A thing here that is good sign, is that i sometimes find one type of copper coin, a coin with the year 1771.
So if i find the big 1771 coin in a new field, i know there is good reason fo finding silver coins. (( I enclose a photo of some of the 1771 copper coins i have found lately, you can see they are all in a tragic condition.. sadly ))

The strangest thing is that all around this field, there is other bigger fields were i have found very little coins.
Just like this field is loaded with goodies,-- a goldmine so to speak. And the others fields around are more or less empty.
Were i detect, i dont belive there has been so any other detectorist. This is not a big hobby here.

Even better for me, more silver for my collection. :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
So there is my story- sorry if my english is a bit bad.

For me if I ever found something this incredible....you would see it framed on my wall! By odd I meant most of us would have wrote a story so long you might have read only half of it...so yes it is odd when you see a great find and no story...I always think all great finds should have a little story...great find and great picture! :o

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
CRUSADER said:
Thank-you for an excellent story & your English is better than mine. I admit to doing the same as you when I started posting. I now realise the story is 1/2 the fun :)

Again you also have better hunts everytime you hit a field then most of us can understand...we find a silver dime worth maybe a dollar in melt and write 5 lines...you guys...finding stuff that old I don't know....as they say location, location, location...

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where is "here"

where do you live Norway or DR

OP
OP
Trond

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
jorge del norte said:
where is "here"

where do you live Norway or DR

Right now i am on vacation in Norway, visiting my old parents. I will return "home" to the DR in march.

Back to the normal temperature.

When i was young, i belive we always said: Sun, Summer &Sex. Nowadays its more like: Sun, Sea & Silvercoins. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread