Look What I Found!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Well, I thought the hunting for Baldingboy (me :icon_pirat:) and Mastereagle22 :tard: was over for the season, but ME22 wanted to hit a place that I had gotten us permission to hunt a few weeks ago. We agreed to leave work around 4:30 and head out to hunt. This place was built in 1851 and had enough yard to keep us busy for the better part of the night. It appeared to be all original grade, and is now functioning as a business rather than a residence. We arrived and Mastereagle waited in the car while I went in and told them we were going to start detecting. The owners were not there, so I told one of the employees we were starting. I came back outside and Mastereagle was getting his gear on. Picture if you will, a large circus bear trying to button a very small coat with boxing gloves on and you can visualize the spectacle before me. Twenty sweaty, perfomance filled minutes later, he was ready to go. We struck out across the lot and much to our dismay, we didn't find much except trash. The entire time we detected, ME22 would talk and laugh loudly, but I couldn't hear him for the headphones. I kept asking him "what"? He would repeat himself, and I never understood what he was saying. He would laugh, shout and cuss. I never did understand what was going on in his "detecting world". After about an hour of this, he was ready to leave. I popped a couple pennies and couple pieces of brass or copper out of the ground, and one in particular was strange. It felt like concrete or sand on one side and was kinda smooth on the other side. :icon_scratch: I was suprised at home to find out what this was!

We packed up and went to another place and hunted until around 10pm. We picked up a few more modern coins and it was spitting snow. The temperature was 29 degrees and my cold was beating me down. We decided to leave. I went over to where Mastereagle was taunting a small child and cursing his grandfather (he hates old people and children) and told him it was time to go. After 10 harrowing minutes in the car with him, I was back at my vehicle and heading home. I dumped my finds in the sink and started cleaning stuff. I picked up the piece that was smooth on one side and rough on the other, and hit it with soap and water. I inspected the "crusty" side and then casually flipped it over. I couldn't believe what my eyes saw! There was a large "U" and I immediately recognized it as a Union Belt Plate!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Smokes!!!! I about had a stroke. I called Mastereagle to tell him and he didn't believe me. After several minutes, he finally said almost inaudibly..."well, that's good..I'm happy for you." I wish he would have still been around so I coulda thrown a dirt clod at him.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 1,814
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,791
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,797
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1,800
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,807
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,816
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
more.

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,714
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 1,730
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 1,737
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 1,762
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 1,773
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 1,705

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Tom. Next spring don't forget to come over here and hunt my ghost town with me. It dates back to 1815 - 1845.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEEEEEAAAAHHH!

There ya go! Is this your first plate?!

WELL DONE, BUDDY!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

-Buckles

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BB,
I laughed so hard at these lines that my wife thought I finally lost it completely!!! HILARIOUS POST!!! :sign10: :icon_jokercolor:

"I came back outside and Mastereagle was getting his gear on. Picture if you will, a large circus bear trying to button a very small coat with boxing gloves on and you can visualize the spectacle before me. Twenty sweaty, perfomance filled minutes later, he was ready to go."

"The entire time we detected, ME22 would talk and laugh loudly, but I couldn't hear him for the headphones. I kept asking him "what"? He would repeat himself, and I never understood what he was saying. He would laugh, shout and cuss. I never did understand what was going on in his "detecting world".

"I went over to where Mastereagle was taunting a small child and cursing his grandfather (he hates old people and children)"

Congrats on the belt plate. Super find. :thumbsup: I'm still trying for one of those.
-Doug-

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds and great (and entertaining) story. Though, I suspect there is another side to it? :wink:

Congrats on the belt....

Brian in MA

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG, Tom :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Sure "Master Bear" does not have the other half? ;D ;D

:wink: RR

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my God a circus bear :icon_scratch: if i was ME22 i would never talk to you again :D nice find and great story :thumbsup:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
WTG, Tom  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Sure "Master Bear" does not have the other half?  ;D   ;D

There's still time to re-write this post to make it Mastereagle Friendly, go to his house, and beg for the other half of the plate...

:o

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
River Rat said:
WTG, Tom :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Sure "Master Bear" does not have the other half? ;D ;D

There's still time to re-write this post to make it Mastereagle Friendly, go to his house, and beg for the other half of the plate...

your nuts ::)

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
warsawdaddy said:
Congratulations! Great hunt you had and terrific finds.Now,for the rest of the story,ME?

camb1 said:
WTG Tom. Next spring don't forget to come over here and hunt my ghost town with me. It dates back to 1815 - 1845.

camb1 said:
BuckleBoy said:
YEEEEEAAAAHHH!

There ya go! Is this your first plate?!

WELL DONE, BUDDY!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

-Buckles

ModernMiner said:
BB,
I laughed so hard at these lines that my wife thought I finally lost it completely!!! HILARIOUS POST!!! :sign10: :icon_jokercolor:

"I came back outside and Mastereagle was getting his gear on. Picture if you will, a large circus bear trying to button a very small coat with boxing gloves on and you can visualize the spectacle before me. Twenty sweaty, perfomance filled minutes later, he was ready to go."

"The entire time we detected, ME22 would talk and laugh loudly, but I couldn't hear him for the headphones. I kept asking him "what"? He would repeat himself, and I never understood what he was saying. He would laugh, shout and cuss. I never did understand what was going on in his "detecting world".

"I went over to where Mastereagle was taunting a small child and cursing his grandfather (he hates old people and children)"

Congrats on the belt plate. Super find. :thumbsup: I'm still trying for one of those.
-Doug-

warsawdaddy,
ME22 is the silent majority...because he is so big.

camb1,
Looking forward to doing that hunt sometime! :thumbsup:

BuckleBoy,
Yes, this is my first belt plate....or half plate. I was so pumped to find this thing!!!

ModernMiner,
I just call it like I see it. Most of the time I need to "poke my minds eye out".

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With that caption, I KNEW it was gonna be a good one! :o So I skipped through all the reading and straight to the pics! ;D And, yep.

IT'S A GOOD ONE!!!

:wav:

AWESOME HUNTING, BB!!! Many congrats!!

Nana :wink:

ps...after peeking at the pics, I did scroll back up to get the details. ;D

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
peanut695 said:
Great finds and great (and entertaining) story. Though, I suspect there is another side to it? :wink:

Congrats on the belt....

Brian in MA
River Rat said:

aa battery said:
my God a circus bear :icon_scratch: if i was ME22 i would never talk to you again :D nice find and great story :thumbsup:
silverfreak said:
That is a find almost all of us dream of buddy :thumbsup: Congrats :thumbsup:
BuckleBoy said:
River Rat said:

peanut695,
no.....true story.

River Rat,
Hmmm.....I never thought of that. I guess I am going to have to pay him a visit tomorrow.

I won't rewrite the post. It is now in the history books for posterity....or laughs I guess. :tard:

Thanks Silverfreak and by the way aa battery....I couldn't be that lucky. All he does is talk. ;D

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Nana40 said:
With that caption, I KNEW it was gonna be a good one! :o So I skipped through all the reading and straight to the pics! ;D And, yep.

IT'S A GOOD ONE!!!

:wav:

AWESOME HUNTING, BB!!! Many congrats!!

Nana :wink:

ps...after peeking at the pics, I did scroll back up to get the details. ;D

daytondigger said:
SCORE!! good end of the year find, congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nana,
Thanks....that means a lot coming from you. I'm a tellin you, you got a magic belly.

daytondigger,
Thanks brother....I am still ecstatic, even though it is half a plate in rough condition. :-\

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on a great find and worth fighting that cold and watching little kids get cussed at!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread