Look What I Found!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Well, I thought the hunting for Baldingboy (me :icon_pirat:) and Mastereagle22 :tard: was over for the season, but ME22 wanted to hit a place that I had gotten us permission to hunt a few weeks ago. We agreed to leave work around 4:30 and head out to hunt. This place was built in 1851 and had enough yard to keep us busy for the better part of the night. It appeared to be all original grade, and is now functioning as a business rather than a residence. We arrived and Mastereagle waited in the car while I went in and told them we were going to start detecting. The owners were not there, so I told one of the employees we were starting. I came back outside and Mastereagle was getting his gear on. Picture if you will, a large circus bear trying to button a very small coat with boxing gloves on and you can visualize the spectacle before me. Twenty sweaty, perfomance filled minutes later, he was ready to go. We struck out across the lot and much to our dismay, we didn't find much except trash. The entire time we detected, ME22 would talk and laugh loudly, but I couldn't hear him for the headphones. I kept asking him "what"? He would repeat himself, and I never understood what he was saying. He would laugh, shout and cuss. I never did understand what was going on in his "detecting world". After about an hour of this, he was ready to leave. I popped a couple pennies and couple pieces of brass or copper out of the ground, and one in particular was strange. It felt like concrete or sand on one side and was kinda smooth on the other side. :icon_scratch: I was suprised at home to find out what this was!

We packed up and went to another place and hunted until around 10pm. We picked up a few more modern coins and it was spitting snow. The temperature was 29 degrees and my cold was beating me down. We decided to leave. I went over to where Mastereagle was taunting a small child and cursing his grandfather (he hates old people and children) and told him it was time to go. After 10 harrowing minutes in the car with him, I was back at my vehicle and heading home. I dumped my finds in the sink and started cleaning stuff. I picked up the piece that was smooth on one side and rough on the other, and hit it with soap and water. I inspected the "crusty" side and then casually flipped it over. I couldn't believe what my eyes saw! There was a large "U" and I immediately recognized it as a Union Belt Plate!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Smokes!!!! I about had a stroke. I called Mastereagle to tell him and he didn't believe me. After several minutes, he finally said almost inaudibly..."well, that's good..I'm happy for you." I wish he would have still been around so I coulda thrown a dirt clod at him.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 1,815
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,817
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,808
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1,801
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,798
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,792
Upvote 0

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well about the only part of his telling that is true is that we went detecting.....

here is my take on the way things went:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,204021.0.html

I am really happy he found this. He has been such a good sport lately when I have been getting REALLY lucky with my finds and he hasn't been quite so lucky. I am glad his luck has changed but if he would be honest I told him a week ago the next hunt we made he was going to find something GREAT!!!!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
mastereagle22 said:
Well about the only part of his telling that is true is that we went detecting.....

here is my take on the way things went:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,204021.0.html

I am really happy he found this. He has been such a good sport lately when I have been getting REALLY lucky with my finds and he hasn't been quite so lucky. I am glad his luck has changed but if he would be honest I told him a week ago the next hunt we made he was going to find something GREAT!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Don't believe him folks....he is just trying to be the good guy here.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
WoW...great find on that belt buckle!!! Wonder if you went back, that you could find the other half. And that numbered nail (Bavaria Mike ID'd it on ME's post!)...that is so cool!

You guys are such crack ups...and so enjoy your posts! Look forward to more post from ya'll come Spring (unless you get to get just one more hunt in this season!)

Annmarie

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's on Plate BB....I know that had to be a good feeling when you dug that up.....Very Nice!!! :thumbsup:

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thanks for the great story! I was laughing my bottom off....dont know what part I liked more...the fantastic finds or ME trying to button his coat!

Attachments

• baloo_large.GIF
    baloo_large.GIF
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,259

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Come on Gyps

You have met me and BB, who do you think has more problems with clothing me or BB??? Oh wait that may just be becuase BB is always trying to get women out of theirs :icon_scratch: :wink: ;D

Or maybe he thinks putting a 300 pound turkey into a bag made for a 200 pound one is sexy :tard: :tongue3: :-\ :wink: ;D ;D :icon_pale: :icon_pale: :icon_pale:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
now go getthe other half before 22 does for you calling him a circus bear

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Freakin Sweet, Man!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have probably yelled a few expletives while handing out cigars to everyone in a 1 mile region if i pulled out even part of a plate like you did. I"m gonna try my luck today, and hopefully the ground isnt too frozen

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post and half a plate! Hope you find the other half. I see ME also tried to Hijack your post by posting his finds under your post, LOL!!! HH, Mike

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bavaria Mike said:
Nice post and half a plate! Hope you find the other half. I see ME also tried to Hijack your post by posting his finds under your post, LOL!!! HH, Mike

:-\
Wasn't my intention at all. Actually BB started the tradition over a year ago of linking his post with mine........... sorry BB if I hijacked your thread.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
humm is the 23 button looking item related to the buckle maybe? like 23rd whatever unit Union

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
hijacked? lol no way...these two always link their threads because they know we have to laugh at both sides of the story! lol Congrats on the half plate BB.....I am off to read the rest of the story! lol

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow BB, nice find! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Picture if you will, a large circus bear trying to button a very small coat with boxing gloves on and you can visualize the spectacle before me.

And this line is a classic! ROFL!

HH

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Overlooked in all the discussion is that sweet car :wink:. It looks like early Hot Wheels; trivial compared to the other items but still a nice find all its own!

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Congrats on the find BB!
Love the posts. Amazes me every time how your record of the hunt differs so dramatically from ME's.
Just Glad you two are still out hunting and having a great time doing it!

Good Luck.
Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread