Looking for BATTLEFIELD DETECTORS

SWesley

Greenie
Aug 29, 2011
CASTING CALL: LOOKING FOR REAL LIFE BATTLEFIELD DETECTORS!!!

*Are you or someone you know a true to life BATTLEFIELD ARCHAEOLOGIST?
*Do you travel the country or the world combing historic battlefields?
*Do you scour the fields looking to collect a piece of history?
*Do you dig at battle sights and wreckage sights in search of historic relics?

Prospero Productions, a television production company in Australia, is seeking charismatic, knowledgeable & fearless Battlefield Detectors, Wreck Divers, War-bird Restorers, etc. all over the UK, USA & Australia.

If this sounds like you or someone you know send us an email to [email protected], with the following information…

- Name
- Contact Information
- TWO photos of yourself & your finds
- A summary of where treasure hunt, how you are “known” in the treasure hunting/historical excavation world.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
missmetaldetectingdiva said:
I think I know where you can find them!!!! Go to Gettysburg,Pa and then head to the local PRISON because its ILLEGAL you moron!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang missmetaldetectingdiva. What's up with the name calling? NOT ALL battlefields are illegal to hunt. Some detectorists work with national battlefield parks to recover items from that time period, some detectorists research where other smaller battles have happened that are ON PRIVATE PROPERTY and NOT in national parks.

Whether the OP is legit or not, but I didn't see anything to cause a remark like that from you. Name calling, WOW, guess you must be one of those people who lash out at others because you are miserable with your own life! Maybe you should lay off the caffeine or the crack pipe and you might be much happier!

Other countries have NO LAWS against detecting battlefields, BTW!

Also, there are plenty of battlefields across the U.S. that are NOT national parks where people find lead balls, buckles, what nots, etc.

Definition of battlefield:

The place where a battle is fought; an area of conflict. A region where a battle is being (or has been) fought.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Lol, i think this is the third time this person as posted this advertisement...and the third time they've gotten some pretty horrific replies!
Give them a break for Gods sake. They're not asking for your life savings or your mothers jewellry...yet!
Many of us are very sceptical of things like this i know, but truth is, name calling and nasty,sarcastic comments just make our hobby seem like it's full of p****s!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
harley-man, well said. Only protected historical monument type parks are off-limits. Battles of different wars can have been fought on a whole host of different land sites, not just what is today a historical monument site.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
There is always one person that feels the need to be negative and run their manpleaser.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread