Looking for partners or clubs in Ft Myers Florida.

stoker_x1

May 1, 2006
Ft Myers Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 800
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Minelab Excalibur Blue 15" WOT coil
Minelab Excalibur Blue 12" SEF coil
Torsoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have lived in SW Florida for 35 years. Know the area pretty well. However, I am 65 years old now and would like to find a club or some partners who would like to set up hunting days this spring. I think it would be better to have a partner to help watch out for each other.

I have found some treasure all along the coast and some in places where most people don't hunt. What I have learned, I think, is that after big storms you can find that many items we look for have been consolidated close together because of eddy affects and currents of water rolling into lower areas of the beach. One year, two or three years ago, I went to the beach during a passing hurricane and the waves were all the way up to the vegetation line, forcing me to walk in the water in some areas. On that day I didn't need my metal detector to find clads. The beach erosion was severe and resulted in uncovering coils everywhere. They were just laying on top of the sand. I got tried of picking them up. At the end of the day, I had twenty plus dollars in coins and found two rings also.

If anyone knows of a club or say individuals who would like to hunt with a partner, please respond here.

Thanks,

Stoker
icon6.png

TOMBAC

Nov 24, 2012
new jersey
Detector(s) used
dfx, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in nj but visit my mom often, she lives in cape coral, if you want, i can call you the next time i visit and we can arrange a hunt, im 62 and hunt almost everyday for a few hours. looking forward to the hunt and the warm weather.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread