Looking for prospectors in New Hampshire

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all , I will be spending a lot of time in the Twin Mountain , NH area this year from late April till late October . I'm looking to get together with some other guys to maybe prosect with , I have some idea's and some hand equipment a small sluice , classifiers buckets ,etc . I'm Not in the greatest of shape , I was in an accident a few years ago , so I'm sporting a new hip , and 4 disks in my lower back fused , etc , But I don't give up easy ! I don't have much sluicing experiance , but I have mining experiance per say , I have worked in the rock crushing and gravel industry , as well as the logging industry . I am a liceinced in heavy equipment operation . I still have my mini equipment , etc . I'm really just looking to meet some new friends and have some fun . Please forgive my spelling errors . LOL

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Motohed try coos canyon rock and gem. Byron Maine they sell dredges. Ask for Rosie. She may be able to fine you a used one. Just goggle Coos Canyon Rock and Gem. I think the store is closed in the winter. But I think they still fill orders. Its the hub for gold prospecting in Western Maine. There right on the Swift River. Very nice people.

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
I'm also looking for a dredge , I'm having a hard tome finding a 3 or 4 Inch with a 5 HP engine . I hope to get some advice from those in the Know , I was also thinking about contacting some of the manufacturers to see if they would set me up one . Help anyone ?

And you won't find a 4" with 5hp that can go more than a few feet down, just rip off all the stickers!!! Lol!!

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok , as waynos said , we need to meet up for the may 7 th trip to the Wild ammunusic . I will extend an invite to my camper in Twin Moutain if anyone needs an over night , maybe someone has a tent or something to setup on my site , if they want . There should'nt be any fee involve and if there is , I will take care of it , with in reason. I'm not looking for a 100 people to show up , But a group of F.O.G guys are welcome . I will of corse , include Waynos as Semi F.O.G . LOL You all know who you are ! I also have some room in the camper for those in need .

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys I'm really get really impatatshant for the May weekend planned , God willing , I will be there with all my goodies I've been buying this winter . I am so looking forward to this , you have no Idea . I'm like chafing at the bit , I still plan on buying some kind of wet suit . Nugget has hooked me up with the one to buy just waiting to see how much weight , I lose by then . I have lost 181 LBS so far , it's a long story that had to do with injuries in 2003 , but I'm 228 now so . I'll wait a little longer to get it .

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just think Moto you buy that suit we'll all look the same like our own little club down on the river! LOL! Several of us have the same suit already.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if it was camo or Blue . I do love camo . LOL

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys my wife told me today , to buy either a mobile home or a small house in New Hampshire today . I'm leaning toward a small house . I figure we can rent it after we retire . I will be looking from The Twin Mountain area , and up north of that area , so keep your eyes open . I'm think reatively cheap , Maybe 50 to 60 grand . I know that does'nt seem like much , but I'm sure , I can find something in that range . I figure time is on my side . Maybe close to Gold . LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my Gold Hog stream sluice and multi classifier unit today , I am so excited . I just can't wait to get to NH !

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moto look around the Littleton area and over towards Woodsville. Me and my wife are thinking of moving have been looking around and they have some real affordable properties up there. One place we checked out was a camp with water rights to a pond, camp was crap but a few acres of land asking 35k. So look around there are some wicked deals up there. Twin mountain, Bethlehem area, are sort of pricey and too far away from the gold. You need to be in the Bath area.

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Hey Moto, that should be no problem whatsoever. I would stay west toward the Conn river valley, very very cheap homes from alstead north to colebrook. The warren\wentworth area is nice, and right on the color. Oh yeah, and no work within an hour so homes are cheap cheap cheap!

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost bought a house in Colebeook last year . But we could'nt come to terms , I had several inspections done . It was a 6 bedroom , and the septic system was a broken 2 bedroom . I could have easily done the system myself , but it still costs money to do a complete replacement . I will keep looking , I thought the taxes were a little high for the area at 5500.00 a year ., but thats 1/6 of what I pay in RI .

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taxes are more in NH than other states in New England.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a PM from Waynos he is ready , and gave me a list of what he has , and I PMed him to add a couple things . We are looking forward to May 7th 2016 . I will be ready God willing it's looking good now , but still almost a couple monthes to go .

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been ready since the last time I went! Hope fully I will in the water before May.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys I ordered the Gold Hog , Raptor Flaire 2.0 . I'm thinking we may have to get a group to feed and split the cons . I'm thinking about the Honda WX-15 K1 1.5 in 1.5" high preasure pump . It's 115 gallons a minute at 55 PSI . It weighs 48 LBS . Maybe I should go with a bigger pump , what are your thoughts ?

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that pump is enough. If it's not I have a 2'' 5.5 hp. that does almost 10,000 gals. per hr. Remember the bigger the equipment the more weight you have to carry. Let's get you tuned to the river first! Then we can see what equipment works the best. If you're gonna be in the Wild Am. water levels are usually pretty low making your trek to the water no so fun.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that pump is enough. If it's not I have a 2'' 5.5 hp. that does almost 10,000 gals. per hr. Remember the bigger the equipment the more weight you have to carry. Let's get you tuned to the river first! Then we can see what equipment works the best. If you're gonna be in the Wild Am. water levels are usually pretty low making your trek to the water no so fun.

I was thinking that 6900 gph , at 55 psi and being 48 lbs . I would be willing to pay the extra for the portability . I can get one for 649.00 and then the quick connect hose kit is 132.00 bucks . I can put the whole thing in a wagon at get it close to the river .

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends where you are on the river. Some places are easy access some not so much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread