Looking for prospectors in New Hampshire

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all , I will be spending a lot of time in the Twin Mountain , NH area this year from late April till late October . I'm looking to get together with some other guys to maybe prosect with , I have some idea's and some hand equipment a small sluice , classifiers buckets ,etc . I'm Not in the greatest of shape , I was in an accident a few years ago , so I'm sporting a new hip , and 4 disks in my lower back fused , etc , But I don't give up easy ! I don't have much sluicing experiance , but I have mining experiance per say , I have worked in the rock crushing and gravel industry , as well as the logging industry . I am a liceinced in heavy equipment operation . I still have my mini equipment , etc . I'm really just looking to meet some new friends and have some fun . Please forgive my spelling errors . LOL

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Laconia here. Just ordered me a new Falcon MD20 yesterday for the busy season ahead.

Anybody else here have any experience out in the field with this particular machine?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Hi LB I have seen sveral threads of the Falcon md20 , I never read to much about them . Do a couple searches here in the Gold forum , then check the detector forum .

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K. Will do. Thx!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Scott your going to need a Semi. To hall all you equipment. You have the fever alright. Need some gold to break the fever.Thats for sure. Your staying in the right area theres a lot of possibilitys. Its too bad there in the national forest. But I don"t think they get hit very hard. Never tried the Ammonoosic but it is listed as a gold stream. Also the Gale river.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Scott your going to need a Semi. To hall all you equipment. You have the fever alright. Need some gold to break the fever.Thats for sure. Your staying in the right area theres a lot of possibilitys. Its too bad there in the national forest. But I don"t think they get hit very hard. Never tried the Ammonoosic but it is listed as a gold stream. Also the Gale river.

Good thing I have a trailer . Now , I need to find a home up there .

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's looking like , I may not make the opener at Twin River campground . I have had a couple of jobs come up that are just too good to pass up . We have also had some weather delays . UGH . But on a good note my new Honda WH20X pump arrived yeah nice 2" pump at 58 LBS , 134 GPM at 60 PSI .

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Motohed (Scott?),
Where can I learn about the Twin River campground "opener"? I checked their site but the events page doesn't mention anything, and neither did the news page. I believe the campground has an off-season, but I'm not even clear on that. Is there basically a timeframe when they're open and another when they're closed?

I haven't been up there yet but plan to make a trip this Spring, and then my GPAA chapter is taking a group trip there in June. Any info on the events up there would be appreciated.

- Brian

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Motohed (Scott?),
Where can I learn about the Twin River campground "opener"? I checked their site but the events page doesn't mention anything, and neither did the news page. I believe the campground has an off-season, but I'm not even clear on that. Is there basically a timeframe when they're open and another when they're closed?

I haven't been up there yet but plan to make a trip this Spring, and then my GPAA chapter is taking a group trip there in June. Any info on the events up there would be appreciated.

- Brian

You can read through the posts on this thread and AJP's thread . We all decided to get together May 7th and possibly the 8th at twin river campground in Bath , NH for a day or 2 of sluicing and panning . You should look under AJP"S thread also sence he had the original idea .

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the new England prospectors that is having the outing May 7 . Check twin rivers face book page or check with AGP- Bryan Wilder. I know the Nut meg prospectors from Conn. have a couple of outings there too. You can go up anytime just give them a call. here's their phone no. 603-747-3640

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys , I got my NH dredging permit today !!!!!!

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't go a buy one just yet! Like I said you can run mine for a day to see if you like it!

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't go a buy one just yet! Like I said you can run mine for a day to see if you like it!

I won't , I got it too run my high banker from Gold Hog . I was'nt sure if I needed it , but figured it was cheap insurance .

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a catch 22 thing .If you run it as a high-banker you don't need it. But if you put a suction nozzle on it you do.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looking more like , I won't get up there till mid May . I have become a money making machine lately . Please make it stop , I'm suppose to be semi retired . LOL But four thousand a day is hard to pass up . I want to find Gold Though , thats a main priority now !!!!

AGP

Dec 1, 2015
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
4 inch Dredge
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just booked my site at twin river May 6,7,8 and 9. Northeastern prospectors is holding a spring opener there, A MEET AND GREET ICE BREAKER , THE SEASON KICK OFF. I'm at site #4
It's the new England prospectors that is having the outing May 7 . Check twin rivers face book page or check with AGP- Bryan Wilder. I know the Nut meg prospectors from Conn. have a couple of outings there too. You can go up anytime just give them a call. here's their phone no. 603-747-3640

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as it's not a torrential down pour. I'll be the with my geologist friend. So if you want to chat with him we're good to go! Looking forward to it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread