Looking for prospectors in New Hampshire

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all , I will be spending a lot of time in the Twin Mountain , NH area this year from late April till late October . I'm looking to get together with some other guys to maybe prosect with , I have some idea's and some hand equipment a small sluice , classifiers buckets ,etc . I'm Not in the greatest of shape , I was in an accident a few years ago , so I'm sporting a new hip , and 4 disks in my lower back fused , etc , But I don't give up easy ! I don't have much sluicing experiance , but I have mining experiance per say , I have worked in the rock crushing and gravel industry , as well as the logging industry . I am a liceinced in heavy equipment operation . I still have my mini equipment , etc . I'm really just looking to meet some new friends and have some fun . Please forgive my spelling errors . LOL

Upvote 0

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rode by the wild A.M today the water level is low. There is some snow in the mountains. But you get away from the mountains. Less snow then I have at my House. Looks like they have had some high water during the winter. Don"t think it was high enought to move stuff around. Very little snow in Bath and Woodsville. Looking like low water levels again this year. Unless we get alot of rain.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and the wife are going to take a ride up this coming week end. Yes I'm bringing my sluice and necessities. Hopefully we can get into the water. got to check out my honey hole! LOL! :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and the wife are going to take a ride up this coming week end. Yes I'm bringing my sluice and necessities. Hopefully we can get into the water. got to check out my honey hole! LOL! :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Good luck !!!!!!

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
N.H there still alot of ice. But I think there are some areas you can get into. Rain thursday hopefully will get rid of some of the ice. The low lands have very little snow. Did see one guy prospecting in Warren. By the bridge in the small park.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOING CRAZY! Sitting around the house is getting to me. If I can get into the river I will be digging, ice might be a problem. If nothing else it's a day out of the house! Hopefully with the rain coming it might move some of the ice, fingers crossed! I only want to get into one spot. I'm more worried about getting down the bank than getting in. If successful I'll take some pics! If not you'll hear it on the news. LOL! Got to have some sort of adventure! :icon_thumleft:

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im thinking a few more weeks. And no large amount of snow or real cold weather. And some warm days it will be a go for sure. The low lands looked like spring. But by lost river still winter.With 8-10 inches of snow. Where there a will theres a way.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So snow I can handle it's the 60' drop to the water that's the trick!

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In that case its called repelling. Be safe it will still be there in a few weeks.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So snow I can handle it's the 60' drop to the water that's the trick!

Yeah well just don't dround yet , I have'nt got to try your dredge yet , or meet you come to think of it . LOL

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drown no! The water is not that deep, it's the toboggan ride to the bottom of the bank and a sudden stop!

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drown no! The water is not that deep, it's the toboggan ride to the bottom of the bank and a sudden stop!

I know sudden stops all to well , when you race enduro , it 's not whether it's going to happen , just when . LOL

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know sudden stops all to well , when you race enduro , it 's not whether it's going to happen , just when . LOL

BEEN THERE! Had a late model back in the 80's and Ice racing cars and dirt bikes since, until I had my stroke.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guy's just to let you know! The Wild Am. is RIPPIN' saw a picture on Twin Rivers campground face book page. Looks like the ice is gone! I will be out there this week end! The water should be back to it's lower level by Sunday. My mining buddy called and said it's time! GOOD BYE CABIN FEVER!!!!!! :hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guy's just to let you know! The Wild Am. is RIPPIN' saw a picture on Twin Rivers campground face book page. Looks like the ice is gone! I will be out there this week end! The water should be back to it's lower level by Sunday. My mining buddy called and said it's time! GOOD BYE CABIN FEVER!!!!!! :hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2:

Cool , I still have a couple jobs to do before I can get up to the camper , I've been working to get all my stuff together for the summer .

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an Email from Gold Hog today my new Raptor Flair 2.0 is on the way !!!!!!!!:headbang:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK' Do the happy dance! Your gonna need the practice for the river! Then we call it the gold dance! LOL! Camp ground is going to open up their section of river in April. They still have a lot of ICE. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm stoked , I got my Gold Hog Raptor Flair 2.0 today , and I'm waiting for my Honda pump to arrive . I've got one excavation job to finish after the beginning of April then off to NH .

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my miller table today yahoo !!!!!!!

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Laconia here. Just ordered me a new Falcon MD20 yesterday for the busy season ahead.

Anybody else here have any experience out in the field with this particular machine?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread