Looking for Someone to go Prospecting with

Hi,
I would but I'm in South Dakota. Try to look up a prospecting club or a gpaa group in your area. They will most likely be very willing to show you the ropes.

B H Prospector

There isnt any in Illinois. I tried looking. Thanks for offering. Its hard to find anyone interested in doing this. No one I know has any interest so its hard to go out on my own.

I have a buddy of mine in NC and we go looking for gold whenever we are together. Such as when I go back "home" to the mountains for a visit or when he comes down here to SC, BUT and it is a BIG BUT 90% of the time I go prospecting I go either by myself or with my 4 yr old grandson! And next year he will be in school and it will sure enough just be me!! Remember, however that is part of the whole prospector thing....it;s part of the solitude of searching for the gold!

I spend most of the time alone when I am prospecting too. I do have a buddy that comes with me sometimes on the weekends, but he works during the week. For about 3 years here in SC I could not find another prospector within an hours drive. Nowadays, so many people are getting into the hobby that I was out with one guy checking out his spot, and another prospector recognized my car and stopped in! I dont mind having a buddy as its safer that way too. Especially now that all the snakes are out.

I live in california up in kern county near Lake Isabella,If anyone is interested in going out there sometime to Keyesville please,let me know.Thanks

I live in Bakersfield, (Kern County.) I've been prospecting/metal detecting/dredging/treasure searching, etc. most of my adult life.

I have been up the "old hiway" towards the lake metal detecting. Ready to go back for another try. (Probably this month. [April] ) I wouldn't mind some company.

Eagle

mu50stang said:
Im in Illinois and I'm a newbie. Is there anyone that does gold prospecting that would be willing to show me how its done. Thanks.
what part of Illionis do you live in? we have a GPAA club in St. Louis and theres 3 GPAA clubs in Indiana. i have several friends that live in the Chicago area that go out offten.

I live 40 min south of chicago. Let me know if I can join them next time they go. Thanks

look on the GPAA site for clubs and theyre locations. itll give you meeting dates and a contact # or email for you to contact them. the Northern chapter of the GPAA club in Indiana is a really good one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back