Looking for Someone to go Prospecting with

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I would but I'm in South Dakota. Try to look up a prospecting club or a gpaa group in your area. They will most likely be very willing to show you the ropes.

B H Prospector

OP
OP
M

mu50stang

Mar 2, 2011
There isnt any in Illinois. I tried looking. Thanks for offering. Its hard to find anyone interested in doing this. No one I know has any interest so its hard to go out on my own.

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a buddy of mine in NC and we go looking for gold whenever we are together. Such as when I go back "home" to the mountains for a visit or when he comes down here to SC, BUT and it is a BIG BUT 90% of the time I go prospecting I go either by myself or with my 4 yr old grandson! And next year he will be in school and it will sure enough just be me!! Remember, however that is part of the whole prospector thing....it;s part of the solitude of searching for the gold!

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
I spend most of the time alone when I am prospecting too. I do have a buddy that comes with me sometimes on the weekends, but he works during the week. For about 3 years here in SC I could not find another prospector within an hours drive. Nowadays, so many people are getting into the hobby that I was out with one guy checking out his spot, and another prospector recognized my car and stopped in! I dont mind having a buddy as its safer that way too. Especially now that all the snakes are out.

bellaLips420

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2011
I live in california up in kern county near Lake Isabella,If anyone is interested in going out there sometime to Keyesville please,let me know.Thanks

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Bakersfield, (Kern County.) I've been prospecting/metal detecting/dredging/treasure searching, etc. most of my adult life.

I have been up the "old hiway" towards the lake metal detecting. Ready to go back for another try. (Probably this month. [April] ) I wouldn't mind some company.

Eagle

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
mu50stang said:
Im in Illinois and I'm a newbie. Is there anyone that does gold prospecting that would be willing to show me how its done. Thanks.
what part of Illionis do you live in? we have a GPAA club in St. Louis and theres 3 GPAA clubs in Indiana. i have several friends that live in the Chicago area that go out offten.

OP
OP
M

mu50stang

Mar 2, 2011
I live 40 min south of chicago. Let me know if I can join them next time they go. Thanks

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
look on the GPAA site for clubs and theyre locations. itll give you meeting dates and a contact # or email for you to contact them. the Northern chapter of the GPAA club in Indiana is a really good one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread