Looking to upgrade from ATPro to Deus, good move?

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
Here you go:

Attachments

• batts.png
    batts.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 224

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You won't use the ATpro again!! The deus is lightyears ahead of the garrett

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I have been watching Deus videos on YouTube like crazy, my wife thinks I'm obsessed (I KNOW I'm obsessed) haha! I've been saving my $$, sold a few things on the local garage sale site including my old Garrett GTAx 550...I'm getting there!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered my XP Deus today, I can't freaking wait. AND spring is finally starting to happen, might have some thawed places to detect by the time it gets here!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems everyone likes theirs, I know first hand my buddy ZDD likes his, and last season only used his AT Pro on the very wet days.

I've been considering one myself....hmmmm. Hope you like yours too.

And good luck on that thawed dirt.

Molemann

Nov 30, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Deus, ETrac, MXT Pro, Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"My question is for other ATPro users who have upgraded to the Deus. How was the learning curve after using the Pro? What are your thoughts on how it handled? After getting the DEUS do you still use the Pro? I have pretty much made up my mind, just looking for confirmation that this is where I should spend my money. "

J.C. - The thing that annoyed me at first with the DEUS is I dug a lot of large iron the first 5 or so times out with it, reason being is I did not "understand" the tones yet, and like Welgund said, I too kept messing with the settings. I bought mine about a year ago and have not used my ATP since, I love the ATP but it will be my rainy day detector from now on. If I had to do it all over again, I would have stuck with the pre-set program "Deus Fast", not messed with any settings and slowed my swing speed way down, the DEUS is as light as a feather so it's easy to swing quickly. I probably pulled 30 wheats (I noticed the DEUS really loves copper) and 10 silvers just from my Great Grandparents property that I went over with the ATP 20 times at least. If you get a DEUS you will probably never use your ATP again. The DEUS is so much more advanced than the ATP, but not overly complicated to learn, if you get one, be patient with it and you will be rewarded for sure.

Turn up ur iron vol.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went from ATP to Deus. The ATP is now sitting on an Andersen water shaft, and sporting a super sniper coil, and I use it in the river. In my humble opinion, that is where it is best-suited.

Going from the ATP to the Deus is kind of like driving a Geo Metro Convertible then buying a 2015 Corvette Stingray Z51 Convertible. They both get you down the road, but which would you rather be seen in? :tongue3:

The Deus learning curve isnt all that big of a deal. You just have to settle in and learn it. Every time The Wife and I go shopping, she likes to cruise through TJ Maxx, and other stores I could care less about, so I sit in the car and watch Youtube videos about using the Deus. I had the owner's manual sitting next to the toilet for months, and read a little each time I went in to "relax". I have the Sabisch book on my nightstand. This is a really-casual, laissez-faire way of learning stuff. It worked for me in college, and I got magna cum laude. A big sandwich gets eaten with small bites, right?

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here - there is a lot of good Deus information on here and it has piqued my interest.
I have a question about the battery again - I see that the battery loses life as you charge it, much like a cell phone battery. Can you replace that battery once the length of time it holds a charge gets too short? Alos, does one *have* to let it run out completely?

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you replace that battery once the length of time it holds a charge gets too short? Alos, does one *have* to let it run out completely?

The batteries can be replaced, preferably by XP so that you don't do something to break it. And what do you mean by "run it out completely"? If you are referring to the battery being completely dead before having it replaced, no, I would say once you are only getting about 50% of the estimated run time, send it in. If you meant completely dead before charging it, no, you can charge it whenever.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The batteries can be replaced, preferably by XP so that you don't do something to break it. And what do you mean by "run it out completely"? If you are referring to the battery being completely dead before having it replaced, no, I would say once you are only getting about 50% of the estimated run time, send it in. If you meant completely dead before charging it, no, you can charge it whenever.

Agreed. My plan is to send the coil in every couple years just to keep a fresh battery in it. The batteries in the remote and the headphone module are easily replaceable by the user, and my plan is to replace them at the same time. I'm thinking winter for me would be a good time window for me to send it in.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my Deus today, I posted my finds with it in Today's Finds. I really like the weight, or lack thereof, the WS5 headphones are very comfortable, and being totally wireless is pure luxury. I also like the way it operates, everything was well thought out! Thanks for the advice in this thread!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the new XP! Amazing detectors!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here - there is a lot of good Deus information on here and it has piqued my interest.
I have a question about the battery again - I see that the battery loses life as you charge it, much like a cell phone battery. Can you replace that battery once the length of time it holds a charge gets too short? Alos, does one *have* to let it run out completely?

Yes you can change them out or send them in to XP and let them do it for you. They are lipo batteries and they dont suffer from memory issue like batteries in the past. My batteries are going on 3 years and strong as ever.

Hope that helps. Holler if you have more questions.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Glad you went for the Deus and I know it will grow on you. I still research other top of the line detectors but the Deus is a keeper. Can't imagine the remote coming off on it's own without being some kind of defect in the mount. My remote is so tight to remove that I often just leave it on between hunts. Enjoy your new machine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread