Lost a good friend over a recent find. Good riddance.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
thats the world we live in today. i mean what else are friends for ? to insult and ridicule. somewhere in my rants i listed what friends were good for? i'm appalled. but not really shocked. and our species is referred to as mankind ? hmm ?

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright, its settled then.

Everyone, Gopher will be hosting a celebration Barbecue for his first silver; make sure you bring a gift and your own road kill. If you do not have a stout bumper, then pick up someone else’s road kill. City folk leave them behind all the time.

After the party where all headed over to the experts house, we gonna dig that fools yard all up and not fill in the hole. Poop in them if you want.

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Everyone, Gopher will be hosting a celebration Barbecue for his first silver; make sure you bring a gift and your own road kill. If you do not have a stout bumper, then pick up someone else’s road kill. City folk leave them behind all the time.

After the party where all headed over to the experts house, we gonna dig that fools yard all up and not fill in the hole. Poop in them if you want.

Love it.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And bring all your rotton zincs to toss around!

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure didn't sound like a friend. More like someone you're better off without. Sounds like his first thought was "Hey maybe I can talk him out of it".

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
He probably just missed taking his meds. Oh well it's just life.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Every man should have the right to defend their actions. So if the person who has wronged you I am sorry. But to openly post the story and .not allowing the other person know that you are openly bad mouthing him . Your no better.TP

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, Every man should have the right to defend their actions. So if the person who has wronged you I am sorry. But to openly post the story and .not allowing the other person know that you are openly bad mouthing him . Your no better.TP

I just vomited on my keyboard.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is his collection. His hedge against inflation and what makes him an expert. Nothing against Mercs and Rosies, I hope to find some one day and call me crazy but I wouldn't trade my coin for that whole pile.

View attachment 1661863
Now, now...be nice. Offer him $12.85 for the pile. 😁

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

1 - He didn't get the opportunity to wrong me.
2 - He knows I am bad-mouthing him.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s why I don’t FBook and I’ve only kept one old friend, the others I’ve learned in life, they weren’t really friends. Sometimes our worst enemy can be our “closest friend”.

F FBook

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Why doesn't he go on Ebay or elsewhere & Buy one
for less then you want for Yours.
Then he can Rub it in to You :laughing7:

a last second snipe may get that one for 15,
If no Moron Bids early & starts a Bidding war with the seller

000aaa.jpg

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never "Facebooked", never will, but of course I know people who do, and somehow the term "UNFRIEND me/you" I find somewhat amusing.....WHAT! you UNFRIEND me! Oh no! NOW what am I going to do?...….really? Anyway, very nice find Gopher, they do not happen very often. Hope many more come your way

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its just the jealous, competitive garbage spilling over to a wonderful hobby. I enjoy digging alone more often than not for this reason. Just being honest.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never "Facebooked", never will, but of course I know people who do, and somehow the term "UNFRIEND me/you" I find somewhat amusing.....WHAT! you UNFRIEND me! Oh no! NOW what am I going to do?...….really? Anyway, very nice find Gopher, they do not happen very often. Hope many more come your way

Lol yeah like now “a button” makes it official. I’m spent all my life trying to keep out my business now everyone invites people in the business. I’m not the one.

Last edited:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing's for sure, he wasn't too good of a friend in the first place. When a buddy finds something nice, I brag on it for him. If it's something I'd like to have, I'll tell him to let me know if he ever wants to get rid of it, and drop the subject.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread