Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger good luck in your hunt. For your phone I carry a MyCharge for my phone or a small Noco charger that has lights and can also jump a vehicle or charge multiple phones. They make many versions of back up power and not a bad idea to have one when way out in the middle of no where.
Good luck!
TnMnts

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the “Bloody Tanks” expedition
Apache fires soon appeared on the mountain tops surrounding them and a band of perhaps 250
Apaches, ominously silent in war paint and feathers, headed toward them from the mountain trail above.
Six of their chiefs and five whites met halfway between the two forces to talk. Guessing that none of the
Apaches spoke English, Woolsey told his men to attack when he tipped his hat. With a touch of
Woolsey’s hat, five of the six Indians were slain instantly. Disturbed at their leaders’ fate, the Apaches
fired a haphazard volley and retreated up the canyon. About 19 Apaches were killed, mostly by rapid
revolver fire as they reached a bottleneck in their retreat. The attack took place in Fish Creek Canyon
about 12 miles from the Salt River Canyon https://dema.az.gov/sites/default/files/Publications/AR-IndianWarsinArizonaTerritory-BORUNDA.pdf
Geronimo's autobiography was taken down as he told the story at Fort Sill, Ok.. The version that I showed you was not his exact words but what was published by the War Dept..

Last edited:

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC_7174 Tortilla Fish.JPG
where it all happened. in photo the left side shows tortilla ranch and right shows the sombrero's above Fish Creek. Center is both Goat canyons. Photo taken high up on White Mountain above Rogers Canyon looking towards Salt River.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
roger . you should go to f.b. they love the same old stuff over and over and over.. I have rarely spoke a person that makes a little sense as you do.. None.. this thread needs to be locked and forgotten. it is the only good option.. thanks and goodbye..

If thread bothers you don't read it, it's like a TV, don't like what is on change the channel.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Geronimo's autobiography was taken down as he told the story at Fort Sill, Ok.. The version that I showed you was not his exact words but what was published by the War Dept..

Yeah, it's a good read and gives some historical perspective on that time period. I respect Geronimo and his history on some levels, but remember, he was a notorious liar - especially to whites.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Roger good luck in your hunt. For your phone I carry a MyCharge for my phone or a small Noco charger that has lights and can also jump a vehicle or charge multiple phones. They make many versions of back up power and not a bad idea to have one when way out in the middle of no where.
Good luck!
TnMnts

Good advice...I was thinking the same thing. Another thing, when your cell phone can't make comms with a cell tower, most (if not all) phones will increase power use while searching for a tower to connect with. It'll kill your battery pretty quick. I put my phone in airplane mode when I know I'm going into an area with no service. That way I can still use it to take a quick pic or video, but it won't be killing my battery pinging away for a tower.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Good advice...I was thinking the same thing. Another thing, when your cell phone can't make comms with a cell tower, most (if not all) phones will increase power use while searching for a tower to connect with. It'll kill your battery pretty quick. I put my phone in airplane mode when I know I'm going into an area with no service. That way I can still use it to take a quick pic or video, but it won't be killing my battery pinging away for a tower.

Can't repeat this valuable tip too often. I learned the hard way to keep my phone in airplane mode, after my first time off-trail.

I use no less than two GPS devices, a Garmin Foretrex 601, and Spot Gen3 as a backup to keep track of my whereabouts when I'm in territory I'm not familiar with.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Roger - take your meds. Your paranoia is seeping into the internet.

Good luck and good hunting to you all, I hope you find the treasures that you seek. Hasta luego.
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

OP
OP
Roger Rantz

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger - take your meds. Your paranoia is seeping into the internet.

Good luck and good hunting to you all, I hope you find the treasures that you seek. Hasta luego.
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Take my meds? I got plenty of people around home that can see it. I got a witness at the sight. But honestly enough of the insults

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Take my meds? I got plenty of people around home that can see it. I got a witness at the sight. But honestly enough of the insults

You yourself stated that you were feeling paranoid because of your discovery(ies) I was merely referring to what you had told us. If you are not feeling paranoid then I was out of line and my apologies.

:coffee2: :coffee::coffee2:

OP
OP
Roger Rantz

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You yourself stated that you were feeling paranoid because of your discovery(ies) I was merely referring to what you had told us. If you are not feeling paranoid then I was out of line and my apologies.

:coffee2: :coffee::coffee2:
Its ok, no hard feelings. It had more to do with that video that was posted and the chicken comment. Had a truck caught on fire across from our chicken farm, and the timing of it did freak me out. But Apparently dutch has chickens too. Might risk going out this summer to get the video up for Everyone, maybe next month or two.
Im going to risk rattle snake season and the heat this time. It ought to add to the video

jaytr

Apr 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dutchmans mine

give me till june 15th and i can go and i can afford to put some money in it i also have my scanner by then

OP
OP
Roger Rantz

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
give me till june 15th and i can go and i can afford to put some money in it i also have my scanner by then
what do you mean by "scanner", like some type of ground penatrating radar or what? Also im not asking for a penny, but would like reliable help. Think i can rent some off road vehicles out of Phoenix Az, four wheelers, gators, etc... I also got to get snake bite chaps, for everyone. And water is also a main thing. It is a lot hotter there than what the weather channel says.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roger Rantz

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All equipment has to be legal with kofa regulations, plz keep that in mind.

BILL96

Mar 29, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
LST
No one in there right mind will try and spend any length of time in those mountains during the Summer, It's more than just having enough water, you are literally in a microwave and there is no escape. Wait till fall or better yet winter, rattlesnakes are the easy part.

OP
OP
Roger Rantz

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one in there right mind will try and spend any length of time in those mountains during the Summer, It's more than just having enough water, you are literally in a microwave and there is no escape. Wait till fall or better yet winter, rattlesnakes are the easy part.
you are right 100%. Even the dutchman told Julia Thomas to wait until fall before he died. And if Im right, then the apaches called this place the "devils playground". I havent heard back from any team members yet, and I wont go alone... So Im just going to save my money until I can pull a team together.

OP
OP
Roger Rantz

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone on here has ever found a sizable amount of gold before for the first time, maybe they know what gold fever is. Gold fever is real. ive got control over it, but I am still anxious to get back. Cant wait to put the video up

Rick4570

Jun 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, Minelab 800 Equinox, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
has anyone on this forum actually gone into the sups with guy? anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread