spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After years of playing in bands and going to loud concerts I had both of my ear drums perforated.

Thank god I was able to find a doctor that was able to replace the broken ear drums with little "Remo Weather King" skins. The drums are both good to go now, so I am able to hear rock for a long time to come. icon_thumleft

Long live classic rock headbang

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Ive been to many crazy, loud concerts (Pantera....... over a dozen shows in the early 90's) & my hearing abilities are now questionable at best. Can you give me your Docs number? My ear drums could use new "skins" as well!

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
Ive been to many crazy, loud concerts (Pantera....... over a dozen shows in the early 90's) & my hearing abilities are now questionable at best. Can you give me your Docs number? My ear drums could use new "skins" as well!

My guy is DR Vinny Goombatz, Brooklyn, NY.. (718) 555-1212. Let me remind you that he is not one of your normal doctors, his hours run through the graveyard shift and his specialty is GSW :P He has an office somewhere near the piers.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Hey I just called that number & some woman answered........I think her name was Kandy or Cinnamin. She did not know anything about a doctor & she kept calling me "Big Boy"! ??? I think its some kind of sex-line Spart cuz she asked me a couple times if I was "hot & ready". Damnit Spart, I blame you & I better not get a charge on my phone bill..........my parole officer will not be happy at all. How much could they possibly charge me for a call that only lasted an hour & forty five minutes? ??? :laughing7:

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Doc got me one of these:

Attachments

• tzun142l.jpg
    tzun142l.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 319

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any phone number that starts with 555 is not a real number. :laughing7:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Just think what those big thumpas in those little cars are doing to punks ears today.......NGE

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nowgittineverything said:
Just think what those big thumpas in those little cars are doing to punks ears today.......NGE

You're right, I can hear them a block away and I'm deaf :laughing9:

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Spartacus, your doctors a smart man. you can hardly go wrong using Remo Weather Kings. My doctor used Slingerlands and I can barely hear a thing.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when i hear those thumpers coming i have to pull out my hearing aid left side and I'm only 46!!!!
I Have had 2 surgeries on both ears to remove tumors inside!!! right side could probably use an aid but getting used to the first one is a challenge!!!

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vayank54 said:
Spartacus, your doctors a smart man. you can hardly go wrong using Remo Weather Kings. My doctor used Slingerlands and I can barely hear a thing.

Don't knock Slingerland drums, mine were great :icon_thumleft: I had 2x bass, 2x toms, sx flr toms, & my snare was a Rogers jazz model. Also had 2 different foot pedals, the "Ghost" and "Speed King".

Remo's are the only skins you ever need to buy too :icon_thumleft:

I still cry thinking that I sold my set to a cousin for $200 with all the hardware and Zildjian Cymbals. :crybaby2:

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Yeah the Slingerlands were ok. I always liked Ludwigs. I had a set of gold metal flake Ludwigs. Wish I still had them. We have a Pearl Vision set now. You're right about the Remo skins. That's the only way to go.
Wow I think you gave you cousin a good deal. I have a set of CB's I'll sell you. I think I figured out what CB stands for. Crash and Bang. :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
?

Could you repeat That ?

Seriously, I Have listend to Ear splitting Music
for years.

I Don't think the problem is my Ear drums
I Think people are just speaking to Softly these days.

I Can still Hear my Detector Tones.

:headbang:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Seriously, I Have listened to Ear splitting Music
for years.

I Can still Hear my Detector Tones.

:headbang:

You are still one lucky man, in being able to hear the tones. Now, I have to look at the meter to see what I am hitting. The meter is hard to see, but that is from years of abuse in another area, and subject to a new post. Oh, I think you can go blind from that too :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread