LOUISIANA BAYOU HUNT - DATE SET - APRIL 08 !

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
LOUISIANA BAYOU HUNT - DATE SET - APRIL '08 !

Louisiana Bayou Hunt – Date Set!

April 18, 19, and 20, 2008 – Friday through Sunday

This will be a private land hunt on approximately 85 of my 90 acres. This includes two homesites from the early-to-mid 1900s, trash pits, woods and open fields, which were planted in cotton for 90 years. The homesites include my grandparents’ first home, which they occupied from 1916 until 1920, and another right on the bayou, which was used for the farm foreman and his family in the 1920s-50s.

In addition to this site, I will be securing others in the village which have some historical background. Have to get written permission first before I post them.

Camping is available on the land if you bring your own tents, etc. Porta-potties will be provided, of course. You may camp in the woods or the fields, your choice. For those wishing more modern conveniences, there are two hotels within 10 miles; many more if you wish to go 25 miles to the big city.

Temperatures average in the high 70s, with lows in the lower 50s, during April in north Louisiana. Early April showers are the norm, so the soil should be decent for digging.

Most meals will be served onsite, and I promise you won’t leave hungry.

Just wanting to get a feel for how many plan on coming before I go into more details (mainly because I haven’t worked them out yet. ;) ) If you’re interested, please post a response.

Thanks,
Noodle

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Louisiana Bayou Hunt - Date Set!

Post list of Places to stay please, I dont think I feel like camping, then again maybe but with Jeffs knee I think were better off in a bed!

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: Louisiana Bayou Hunt - Date Set!

All that's coming shortly!!! Am going to try for a block of rooms at two different hotels in Rayville. Days Inn and another one (they just remodeled and reopened it; can't remember the name).

Lots more details coming ... still getting it together! :)

'Daddy, don't forget Lance!!!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Re: LOUISIANA BAYOU HUNT - DATE SET - APRIL '08 !

Working on the plans with Baldingboy. Don't know if the wife will let me even though I am trying to convince her to come along. We'll have to see.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Noodle--When is the Tim McGraw 'Swampstock'? It use to be every year in Rayville.None in '07,however,he is planning one for '08. Sure would like to sneak a garter from that Faith Hill darlin'.I know she use to accompany him there and they had other 'country' stars on the softball game they held.
http://www.countrystandardtime.com/...wampstock_fundraiser_next_one_slated_for_2008

Make sure some of these 'northerners' get a taste of alligator meat.Ummm,good!

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT

Wow, what a time that would be. How bout cooking up some shrimp creole.......for that I'd travel anywhere. As part Coona$$ I'd feel right at home. Although the family is from Southwest Louisiana it would still be great to get back to my second home outside of Tennessee........Noodle, I have a feeling that you'll be a great Rowdy Bunch host!!!! No doubts.
The details can't come soon enough.

rr

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Omg. Oh wow.

Hubby is going to be out of town in March, I'm supposed to be out of town in May (depends partly on the March trip) and right in the middle of it all... Oh, how fun!

Going to go juggle some figures (and maybe buy a lottery ticket!)

Crossin' fingers here,
Nan

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

'Daddy, Swampstock is always in September. Sorry... But I can show you the game grounds! ;D

Stoney, we'll take good care of your knee! :) :(

Ridge Runner, we'll have shrimp and crawfish that'll blow you away. Come on down! :-*

MasterEagle22 and BaldingBoy, it will absolutely not be a true hunt without you two here. I mean it... get with it!! :-X :-*

Tin Nugget!! Hang onto that stamped envelope! I'm still trying to come up with a per head $$ figure! I got ya on the list ... !!!

Bless you all ... Noodle

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've had gator once it was delicious!! Can't wait to have it again, AND we get to see each other the sooner the better! And it looks like we will have some new faces too can't wait to meet ya all,

Daddy I can't wait to see ya, garter or not!

Evy

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

stoney56 said:
Forget the knee, I'm ready. 8)

I'll make you a promise, if I get to come and you need help digging I will help you out with that.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is going to kill me if I can't make it to the hunt. Most likly my schedule will not allow it. I miss all of you guys. I know it will be a blast. I officially turn over the Rowdy bunch leadership to Noodle. ;D I am sure it will be easy to keep them undercontrol. :D Have fun and be safe to all.
Burdie

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

This sounds like so much fun. I'm trying to talk my husband into us going. Wish me some luck!

Pepper

oberkill

Aug 12, 2005

$#@$% I have already signed up for a trip in April and it just happens to be that weekend. SUX. You guys have fun and try to keep Ridge Runner out of trouble. ;)

Alan

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Burdie said:
This is going to kill me if I can't make it to the hunt. Most likly my schedule will not allow it. I miss all of you guys. I know it will be a blast. I officially turn over the Rowdy bunch leadership to Noodle. ;D I am sure it will be easy to keep them undercontrol. :D Have fun and be safe to all.
Burdie

Let's hope the schedule is wrong. :) As for keeping the Rowdy Bunch under control---she's gonna have her hands full. LOL

oberkill said:
$#@$% I have already signed up for a trip in April and it just happens to be that weekend. SUX. You guys have fun and try to keep Ridge Runner out of trouble. ;)

Alan

Alan, I'm sure you'll be thinking about us while digging all those relics. :P

R

RUDY2003

ADD ME TO THE LIST, SOUNDS GREAT.........

THANKS

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil

Lawdy Lawdy !! Count me in. I will be there with my lobsta bib on. I will try to break Mastereagle away from the clutches of his beautiful bride to come with me!!

BB

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NOODLE!!!! Yea! Sounds sooo exciting! Is there anything I can do to help you? Just let me know. I'll only have to drive five hours to get to this one!!! 8) Burdie...you better get that schedule fixed! And BB..I know you can get ME outta MO for the weekend! ;) Shoot...it ain't that far. Sorry I won't see you Ober...but I can understand that one. ;) I'll send you some pictures! ;D

Nana ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread