LOUISIANA BAYOU HUNT - DATE SET - APRIL 08 !

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: LOUISIANA BAYOU HUNT - DATE SET - APRIL '08 !

Well, looks like there's some interest here! WONDERFUL!!!

I have to warn you; this one might be a little different from the last two Rowdy Bunch hunts. We'll eat great, but I don't have a talent for securing a lot of prizes. BUT, there will be bonfires and a hoedown and several different sites, plus an extra day and a side trip! Our little village is 1/3 the size of the last one. At least the CTH site had a downtown! Our downtown is the post office. But we make up for it in other stuff, like trails and critters in the woods. :D

If anyone has a water unit, feel free to bring it. The site is bordered on the west side by a bayou, not very deep that time of year, and probably loaded with junk. I'll be posting pics as soon as I get them reduced in size. The water rises with the winter rains, then recedes. In case you're not familiar with a bayou, consider it a creek. About 1/2 to 3 feet in depth on a good day; 15 feet on a bad day. :)

The other side, the east side, is bordered by a fence, but just inside the fence is an old road. Ditches are still there (shallow), but trees have grown up in the roadway. Not enough to hinder a search. The road led from the highway, a half mile in, and split to go to two old homes, which are gone and I can't find the sites. I really think I poured a slab for our greenhouse over one of them. :(

Site is a quarter mile east to west, half mile north to south. Plenty of room. Pics coming, and I'll put them on a new thread. Keep watching.

Thanks to EVERYONE for your interest! River Rat is assisting me, and we hope you enjoy making your plans and gearing up! Details should be forthcoming after the weekend. Gotta get my computer brain in order.

Also planning a side trip about 45 minutes away for 2-3 hours, so you can see some ancient history in the area! Free to go or stay and hunt, everyone's choice!

Noodle

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Just so there's a place where,"voudriez-vous dancer, cheri?" will work like it did yrs ago.

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

<cough> ok... I'll work on that. :D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

crawfish.jpg
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler

Crawfish-Fighting.jpg
I still have my pinchers ;D

;) Quick Draw McClaw

Attachments

• crawfish.jpg
    crawfish.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,104
  • Crawfish-Fighting.jpg
    Crawfish-Fighting.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,116
OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

You heard her, Ladies and Gentlemen! Get ready for a CRAWFISH FEED!!! I had almost forgotten about Quick Draw McClaw!!! SHE'S BAAAAAACK!!! ;D ;D ;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WSD sent this to me way back on March 27, 2007...I love it and so will you!

Jambalaya, Crawfish Pie, File' Gumbo

;) RR McClaw

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

You got 'er, Girl!!! WAAAAHOOOO! We be havin fun now!!!

Make ya reservations immejately!!! Lots more where that came from!!!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All right I just lost my heart on the Bayou!

For the shorter one on the tape, hes the cutest thing, Jeff better look out!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

can yall handle another kansan, or are ya gonna keep all the mud puppies for yourselves

Sniffer

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Hey Bridgeendfarm, don't know yet. Won't be much, somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,050 or $40. I haven't decided. Am trying to figure out how much porta-potties and crawfish and babybacks cost. I'll let everyone know by Monday next. :) Trust me ... you can afford it. :-* You can't afford NOT to come. Amen??

Sniffer, it wouldn't be the same without ya!!! Come on DOWN!!!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

I just looked at Rayville is that close to it a very beautiful little town ok since you said it won't be more than 1050 add me in

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

You got it, bridge! Thanks! Check back for updates on all the latest! -Noodle

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other

Wow! A hop, skip and a jump! Count me in! Shane :)

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT

oberkill said:
$#@$% I have already signed up for a trip in April and it just happens to be that weekend. SUX. You guys have fun and try to keep Ridge Runner out of trouble. ;)

Alan

Am I the only one that needs to be kept out of trouble?????? Wow, I must really have made a great impression on my Rowdy Bunch friends. How can you get in trouble in the middle of a pasture eating crawdaddys. Maybe I can figure out a way but only if Schloopy come too. LOL!!!!

rr

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

rr
If you get a signal under a log, make sure the log doesn't have teeth on the other end. :D LOL

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ridge runner you and Schloopy and all the rest better show, I think we might tag along to watch your after hunt hour activities! They sounded like a lot of fun besides, you might need someone to back your stories up, ;D

Shane cant wait to meet you, we promise we will try not to scare any new futuer Rowdy Bunch members off!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

ridge_runner said:
oberkill said:
$#@$% I have already signed up for a trip in April and it just happens to be that weekend. SUX. You guys have fun and try to keep Ridge Runner out of trouble. ;)

Alan

Am I the only one that needs to be kept out of trouble?????? Wow, I must really have made a great impression on my Rowdy Bunch friends. How can you get in trouble in the middle of a pasture eating crawdaddys. Maybe I can figure out a way but only if Schloopy come too. LOL!!!!

rr

Hey I think your forgot about me and BB!! We helped stir the pot a little. OK BB helped more than I did but everyone needs a cheering section!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread